ADVERTISEMENT

Gilman to Okie state

Gotta think Zain will be interested in training/coaching there at some point? Him and Gilman are tight and it seems like Cunningham is Nick Lee's guy.

Gotta think Zain will be interested in training/coaching there at some point? Him and Gilman are tight and it seems like Cunningham is Nick Lee's guy.
Zain is a Wall Street broker. I would be amazed if he left that for coaching. In recent articles, he had indicated that he was done last year and moving on to Wall Street full time but was convinced to give it one last shot. When he talks it feels like the screen door to wrestling is slowly closing behind him.

Zain is a Wall Street broker. I would be amazed if he left that for coaching. In recent articles, he had indicated that he was done last year and moving on to Wall Street full time but was convinced to give it one last shot. When he talks it feels like the screen door to wrestling is slowly closing behind him.
Screen door? The guy crushes apples and watermelons with his bare hands! A screen door could be welded to the frame and it would take him roughly 2 to 3 seconds to get back into the room!

I would drop the keys to the new truck on the bet that OK State administration would NOT have Fired John Smith to Hire DT. So to draw all the parallels to Iowa and how we could have hired DT seems ridiculous. I don't see the Current Iowa ADMIN firing Tom to bring anyone new in. Especially no the same year that he finished up overseeing the fundraising and helped design the new 30 million dollar Wrestling facility. He has had winning records in every season since he took over and just won a NC within the last 4 years and should have had a 2nd NC title but Covid ruined that and finished top 6 . John Smith was ready to go and had planned his own selection as successor... sorry for CS that didn't work out but Tom has no plan to leave anytime soon by the sounds of things. It was just a matter of timing for OK state and DT.

I would drop the keys to the new truck on the bet that OK State administration would NOT have Fired John Smith to Hire DT. So to draw all the parallels to Iowa and how we could have hired DT seems ridiculous. I don't see the Current Iowa ADMIN firing Tom to bring anyone new in. Especially no the same year that he finished up overseeing the fundraising and helped design the new 30 million dollar Wrestling facility. He has had winning records in every season since he took over and just won a NC within the last 4 years and should have had a 2nd NC title but Covid ruined that and finished top 6 . John Smith was ready to go and had planned his own selection as successor... sorry for CS that didn't work out but Tom has no plan to leave anytime soon by the sounds of things. It was just a matter of timing for OK state and DT.
But it aint got windows...

This^^^

Congrats to Gilman! They’ll do a fantastic job and have Okie state hummin’ in no time.

Reactions: kegan
I would guess that Dake follows Taylor to Okie State after the Olympics.

Okie State: Taylor, Kennedy, Gilman and Dake

Iowa should add Spencer Lee , Gable Steveson and Nolf to the staff asap.

Iowa: Brands, Lee, Nolf and Steveson

PSU would have Cael, Cunningham, Cody Sanderson and Coleman.

That’s some good parity.

Last edited:

That’s some good parity.
Lee, Nolf and Steveson are 23/24 years old. They are all still competing (if Gable is even staying in wrestling)

Iowa needs a recruiting coordinator and a New assistant (or 2) that can teach scrambling...

Bring Nolf and Steveson in for HWC though for sure.

Reactions: MALOS

That’s some good parity.
It is only parity if the HC is willing to try different things and allows for differing styles of wrestling and coaching and practicing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT