ADVERTISEMENT

Go Jobo!!!!

Gesell wanted the ball, and made things happen, but they were usually unwanted results. We need a guy that makes shots. Bohannon is making shots, that is what I want.
I actually don't think Gesell wanted the ball the last half of last season. I think Bo has benefited from playing all these years against his older brothers. The pressure of playing against a better athlete doesn't seem to phase him. He is more mature than your typical freshman point.

I actually don't think Gesell wanted the ball the last half of last season. I think Bo has benefited from playing all these years against his older brothers. The pressure of playing against a better athlete doesn't seem to phase him. He is more mature than your typical freshman point.
Agreed. His brothers have helped with out question.

Reactions: skydog0784
He put up a Bobby Hurley-like game today.

Some absolutely clutch shots that kept us in it and enabled the OT win.

That would've totally sucked to lose by 1 or 2 pts with that late 'offensive goal tending' call on the completely legal tip-in within the last 2 minutes of the game. They really should have reviewed that, because calls like that close to the end of a game can decide it. Iowa should have won that game in regulation.

So glad to finally have a Bohannon on Iowa instead of applying daggers like his brothers had been in the past! Now he can use those weapons upon our enemys! BTW is there anymore. How many damn boys do they have Geez!

Reactions: And1Hawk
Gesell wanted the ball, and made things happen, but they were usually unwanted results. We need a guy that makes shots. Bohannon is making shots, that is what I want.

Bohannon made more clutch plays today than Gesell did in four years. Having a point guard who can't make 3's or free throws really makes half court offense tough late in games, Bohannon can do both of those things.

Reactions: nelly02
I wasn't vocal about it, but I was happy to finally see a Bohannon in a Hawk uniform. Those kids have had success everywhere they've been.

Reactions: Herkmeister
This young man will be a fan favorite for 4 years and can end up being one hell of a Hawk. As it was mentioned on the broadcast "the kids got marbles". He is one cool dude. His driving layup late in the game and then follows it up with the 3 were outstanding. He has the makings of being the glue in this program for the next four years.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT