ADVERTISEMENT

Gonzaga is in Spokane, WA

Mar 22, 2015
That is 4 hour drive to Seattle. So please everyone stop with "they got a home game!".

This is how the NCAA tournament works. If you are good enough to get a 1 or 2 seed, you play close to home during the first two rounds. That is why Kentucky is playing in Louisville, Duke is playing in Charlotte, Virginia is playing in Charlotte, Kansas is playing in Omaha, Villanova was playing in Pittsburgh, etc.

Some of you are just not very educated on the NCAA tournament. Blaming an absolute embarrassing beat down loss on Gonzaga being 4 hours from home?

This post was edited on 3/22 6:13 PM by Mogwai88

I have no doubt that if 2nd seeded Iowa played 7th seeded Gonzaga in Chicago it would essentially be a home game for Iowa. 4 hours isn't that far.

Having said that, Gonzaga essentially playing a home game had little to do with the outcome today.

In before Kilroy goes full retard on this thread, and by full retard I mean Kilroy being his normal self.

Originally posted by ferentzin04:
I have no doubt that if 2nd seeded Iowa played 7th seeded Gonzaga in Chicago it would essentially be a home game for Iowa. 4 hours isn't that far.

Having said that, Gonzaga essentially playing a home game had little to do with the outcome today.
So, if you want to play close to home, go out and earn a 2 seed!

Originally posted by Mogwai88:

Whose complaining?? Am I missing something. Seems like a stupid post. Get lost loser.

I liked the old way because there were more upsets.

Duke playing in Charlotte is unfair.

Madison is about 6-7hrs from Omaha? How is that fair the one seed has to travel farther than the 2 seed?

Also just hate how OU had to play Dayton in Columbus? The 11seed gets the close game?

Originally posted by HaydenHawk8:

Madison is about 6-7hrs from Omaha? How is that fair the one seed has to travel farther than the 2 seed?

Also just hate how OU had to play Dayton in Columbus? The 11seed gets the close game?
Sites are predetermined before the year starts. So the committee has set options of where to put people.

It's impossible to make it completely perfect given the number of teams and handful of sites.

Why are people acting so outraged about this? It's been this way for many years.

Sites are predetermined before the year starts. So the committee has set options of where to put people.

It's impossible to make it completely perfect given the number of teams and handful of sites.

Why are people acting so outraged about this? It's been this way for many years.

What team you reppin?
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by Hawked:

What team you reppin?
Born and raised in Iowa. University of Iowa graduate.

Can't stand all this outrage of Gonzaga getting a "home game", as if this is somehow new.

The big ten got screwed having to travel the most of any conference. Why were there games in Portland and Seattle??

Seems strange to have two west coast sites?

Ah, so you're just trying to argue for the hell of it. Gotcha. How could I have missed that.
rolleyes.r191677.gif

Carry on.

Washington is in the NW and this was supposed to be 2 teams in the SOUTH REGION.

my point is these are set up by region and all the teams should have to play their games in that region, Kentucky as the #1 seed should be in the South Region not the Midwest region, my comment is directed at how screwed about where the games are played vs the region they are assigned too,

no way should a team or any team assigned to the South region go play a game in Seattle in the North West part or the country. that's like sending teams from the East region starting out in LA California.

That is 4 hour drive to Seattle. So please everyone stop with "they got a home game!".

This is how the NCAA tournament works. If you are good enough to get a 1 or 2 seed, you play close to home during the first two rounds. That is why Kentucky is playing in Louisville, Duke is playing in Charlotte, Virginia is playing in Charlotte, Kansas is playing in Omaha, Villanova was playing in Pittsburgh, etc.

Some of you are just not very educated on the NCAA tournament. Blaming an absolute embarrassing beat down loss on Gonzaga being 4 hours from home?

"They got a home game"

that would be like Iowa playing in Chicago. While not Literally a home game, about as close as you are going to find.

Originally posted by MTHawkeyes43:
Does anyone doubt that Gonzaga would come into CHA and put the same beat down on Iowa?
Yes. Because Gonzaga doesn't make 7 threes in the first half every game. You can't expect them to do that even 9 out of 10 times against Iowa. You can't expect them to do that 5 times out of 10.......

Deal with it.

Originally posted by Hawkeye2222:

Washington is in the NW and this was supposed to be 2 teams in the SOUTH REGION.

my point is these are set up by region and all the teams should have to play their games in that region, Kentucky as the #1 seed should be in the South Region not the Midwest region, my comment is directed at how screwed about where the games are played vs the region they are assigned too,

no way should a team or any team assigned to the South region go play a game in Seattle in the North West part or the country. that's like sending teams from the East region starting out in LA California.
The region doesn't have anything to do with the 1st two rounds. The regions involves the REGIONAL, which is the sweet 16 and final 8 games.

Now Gonzaga has to go to Houston to play. Not exactly close.

What fascinates me is since when the hell were college sports set up to be "fair"? Is it fair that Kentucky has turned itself into an NBA training ground? Is it fair that USC is located in Southern California? Is it fair the $$$ Oregon gets from Nike?

All part of the game folks. And in this instance the NCAA is intentionally giving them this advantage because they deserved it.
Would you whine that higher ranked NFL teams get to play home games in the playoffs?

But maybe your right - we're just poor little Iowa and get no respect.

They won't travel next year w/out Pangos and the other players.

How the hell can u play professionally and then come back to college?

Originally posted by BirdistheWord:

"They got a home game"

that would be like Iowa playing in Chicago. While not Literally a home game, about as close as you are going to find.
Except Iowa does not play well in Chicago.

Washington is in the NW  and this was supposed to be 2 teams in the SOUTH REGION.

my point is these are set up by region and all the teams should have to play their games in that region, Kentucky as the #1 seed should be in the South Region not the Midwest region,  my comment is directed at how screwed about where the games are played vs the region they are assigned too,

Give it up Kilroy. Like usual you have no clue about what you're talking about.

The outcome against Gonzaga in CHA would be very similar to the outcome against Wisky and MSU in CHA. Not the blowout tonight's game was but not real competitive either.

No, don't doubt it. They would have won the game if it was in Fran's living room. Not the "home game." Not the refs. They played very well and won. We all thought it would be more competitive, but it just wasn't. Can't say they're a great team, but pretty darn good when on like tonight.

home court advantage for the Zags home cooking 10 fouls total on Woody and Gabe to 11 total team fouls on Gonzaga, ifb the gamne is played in Chicago or even IC yes I will go on record as saying IA wins, the Zags went 10-16 from 3 for 62.5%, I highly doubt they do that in Chicago or IC, Gonzaga went 7-10 in the 1st half from 3.the home crowd is what got them gpoing and carried them to the end.

sorry but in a situation like this having your fans controlling the arena that is a big + and Seattle is a home court advantage,\

Can someone please explain the pod system to Kilroy? Never mind. That would be futile.

I personally feel that teams that win 30 plus games over the course of the year should be rewarded with games in closer proximity to their school location. Gonzaga deserved to play a virtual home game tonight.

Originally posted by Hawkfan_08:

They won't travel next year w/out Pangos and the other players.

How the hell can u play professionally and then come back to college?

He didn't accept any money to play.

Ya, right. He played on a professional team for free. Lol. Just like Cam Newton didn't get 'paid' to go to Auburn. I really hope some of you aren't this naive.

Didn't ISU have an issue with a player like this?

I just think if u play professional in any country
u lose your college eligibility. Just think it's shady.

As previously stated the fact the game was ONLY four hours away had nothing to do with the outcome.Gonzaga played very well and deserved to win.Stay classy MOG!

Not 20 points worth of an advantage. Knock off the excuses. How did Hawks earn having game in I.C. or Chicago? It's already been explained how sites are set. Get over it.

Oh, God. Here they come. Must be the refs. No, wait, it's the home court. Or, it could be that Gonzaga is using professional players. Can't possibly be that they're just a better team. Hope none of you guys are parents. Poor modeling with all of your excuse-making.

home court advantage for the Zags home cooking 10 fouls total on Woody and Gabe to 11 total team fouls on Gonzaga, ifb the gamne is played in Chicago or even IC yes I will go on record as saying IA wins, the Zags went 10-16 from 3 for 62.5%, I highly doubt they do that in Chicago or IC, Gonzaga went 7-10 in the 1st half from 3.the home crowd is what got them gpoing and carried them to the end.

sorry but in a situation like this having your fans controlling the arena that is a big + and Seattle is a home court advantage,\
I cannot fathom how another human being can be this stupid. You're the type of derp that gets gerrymandered for during election season. And we're all lesser for it.

I would think I was being trolled by your idiocy, but you've been around far too long for it to be a troll. You are actually this dumb.

Nobody is even complaining about this whole thing except Kilroy in his basement while he calculates the stars of 2016 football recruiting class so he can argue Ferentz is doing a good job recruiting. This whole conversation is pointless.

I don't think many have said the site wasn't fair, just an advantage for Gonzaga. We get that this is "how the tournament works." But if it makes you feel better to come on a message board and boast of your imagined superior intellect, carry on OP.

Gonzaga earned their home game playing in that joke of a conference.

But they were damn good today

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT