ADVERTISEMENT

Good WDM/Clive/Waukee restaurants?

St. Louis Hawk

HR Legend
Gold Member
Feb 5, 2003
Any recs for best Italian?
Best basic American restaurant?

Nothing too fancy or stuffy. Comfortable atmosphere with good food.

Really liked Centro when I was in town. First time at that place.

Looking to give gift certificates to some people who took good care of my Mom.

Anyone who posts Olive Garden gets @FAUlty Gator ’s maggot leg.

TIA here:

• Wow
Reactions: nelly02 and h-hawk
Yeah they’ve all been mentioned at this point but exclusively west side restaurants, the top 3 for that upper tier of restaurants ($25-40/person), I’d say

John and Nicks
Urban Cellar
Club Car

If looking for something more casual ($15-25/person), Barn Town and Central Standard would be solid as well.

Reactions: St. Louis Hawk
It's already been said a couple of time, but John and Nicks is legit. They have a great prime rib with quite possibly the best salad bar I've ever had the luxury of taking part in.

One that hasn't been mentioned yet, Pour Choices in Grimes. I would recommend this place to anyone.

On the downturn with new ownership
That's unfortunate to hear. I tried it a couple of years ago for a work party and it was great. I didn't have any expectations going in but came away very happy.

I had ordered a side salad and they asked if I wanted the parmesan dressing. I declined and asked for ranch dressing because I can't help myself. Well, they brought out my salad with the parmesan dressing anyways and thank God they did because damn...it was amazing.

John and Nicks - American
Simon’s - Italian
Simon's was going to be my rec for Italian but if you are in a hurry at all probably not the best option it can take awhile to get a seat.

I've seen others here mention Cosi Cucina but I wasn't a huge fan. I know a lot of people who love it though so to each their own I guess.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT