ADVERTISEMENT

Top CR Restaurants for 2023

Give Taco Gato a try. 3rd St. downtown. My wife and I were there the first weekend they were open. I would go back.

Reactions: McLovin32
The Mexican list is trash. Mamacita, El Bajio and Coucho are better than anything on that list.

I don't disagree with you, but Mas Margaritas is absolutely good enough to be on the list.
I’m generally in agreement with the comments mocking these lists, but Imma let my ghetto side show for a bit.

Hacienda on Center Point Road is wonderful and if you disagree I will fight you in their creepy attic area, also called Fight Balcón. Then, we’ll drain their barrel of margarita.

• Haha
I’m generally in agreement with the comments mocking these lists, but Imma let my ghetto side show for a bit.

Hacienda on Center Point Road is wonderful and if you disagree I will fight you in their creepy attic area, also called Fight Balcón. Then, we’ll drain their barrel of margarita.
Don't get me wrong, I don't dislike Hacienda. I enjoyed the food every time I've been there. I just don't think it's tops in the CR.

With that said, I have no problem fighting about it as long as we can drain the barrel of margaritas first.

• Love
Reactions: Greenway4Prez
And Iowans wonder why they get made fun of outside the state.

The best restaurant in CR is Cobble Hill. That may be the best restaurant in Iowa.
Cobble Hill is awesome, as is Rodina. I would put them as 1a 1b in terms of fine dining.

Love seeing Oscars on the list! I have known the owners for a long time and they work so dang hard are just the nicest people. My late grandmother would go there every friday night for supper and there were many times that they would comp her meal. Never was sure why until after she had passed and I stopped in for breakfast when they told me how much they enjoyed her coming in and chatting with the staff(their kids) and how nice she was to all of them. I try to go there at least once a week and they always say hello and call me by name. If you haven't been, I would recommend it. High praise for the corned beef has with two over easy eggs and a cup of coffee. Delicious!

Cobble Hill is awesome, as is Rodina. I would put them as 1a 1b in terms of fine dining.

Love seeing Oscars on the list! I have known the owners for a long time and they work so dang hard are just the nicest people. My late grandmother would go there every friday night for supper and there were many times that they would comp her meal. Never was sure why until after she had passed and I stopped in for breakfast when they told me how much they enjoyed her coming in and chatting with the staff(their kids) and how nice she was to all of them. I try to go there at least once a week and they always say hello and call me by name. If you haven't been, I would recommend it. High praise for the corned beef has with two over easy eggs and a cup of coffee. Delicious!
Yup, Oscars is a great place. Delicious food for a very good price too. I dig little diner places like that. Their cinnamon rolls are friggin bomb too.

Reactions: Greenway4Prez
Yup, Oscars is a great place. Delicious food for a very good price too. I dig little diner places like that. Their cinnamon rolls are friggin bomb too.
Scratch made too! If you are lucky and are there around the holidays, the mom makes some great middle eastern deserts and may slip a couple on your plate. Best Baklava I have ever had!

Corner beef hash is awesome there.

Although not listed in coffee shops I love Lightworks on the back side of Benz. Not only is the food good, the owners are great people and busted their ass doing everything they could to stay afloat during COVID. Their burgers and chicken sandwiches are great.

Scratch made too! If you are lucky and are there around the holidays, the mom makes some great middle eastern deserts and may slip a couple on your plate. Best Baklava I have ever had!
That new Mideastern grocery store has fresh made baklava too that's really good

Corner beef hash is awesome there.

Although not listed in coffee shops I love Lightworks on the back side of Benz. Not only is the food good, the owners are great people and busted their ass doing everything they could to stay afloat during COVID. Their burgers and chicken sandwiches are great.
The corned beef hash is what I got the last time I was there. Deeeeelish

Besides the pizza category - I’m fairly impressed with Cedar Rapidians views on burgers. All three are solid choices (although some will poo-poo Starlite - it’s a legacy choice bro and there’s nothing wrong with that). Map Room is a damn good burger and I’m pretty sure Tornado’s just dips their burger in a bowl of grease before they give it to you - and yes, thats a good thing….the only negative is that @JRHawk2003 has declared you can no longer complain about Iowa water quality.

Last edited:
Cedar Rapidians have spoke again, voting for the top restaurants in the area. The #1 overall restaurant....****ing Cheddars.

All Restaurants

BBQ

Asian

Mexican

Burgers

Pizza

Breakfast

Cafes and Coffee Shops

Sushi

Steakhouses

Ice Cream

Seafood

Italian

Indian

Crapids is as crapids does.

White people. SMDH.

Worst omission: Siamville beating Nara for Thai food. Siamville might be the best restaurant in CR overall.

Best Call: Roscoe’s pizza. The original Tomaso’s recipe. Motown style is the best pizza in town.

Reactions: GOHOX69
White people. SMDH.

Worst omission: Siamville beating Nara for Thai food. Siamville might be the best restaurant in CR overall.

Best Call: Roscoe’s pizza. The original Tomaso’s recipe. Motown style is the best pizza in town.
I never had Roscoe's and regret it because now I live up in the Cedar Falls area. I do trek down to my office once or twice a month, so I need to get their pizza one of these days while I'm down there.

Reactions: GOHOX69
Cedar Rapids sucks food wise if Chick-fil-A Olive Garden and Texas Roadhouse are on the list. Do better CR

Reactions: sabula
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT