ADVERTISEMENT

GOP Sen. Ben Sasse expected to resign from Senate to lead University of Florida

Using your timeline . . . in the two months since the story broke, what explanations have been proffered by the University of Florida President's Office as to why expenditures increased by three-fold? Why did staff increase 300%? Are there official "denials" of the numbers? I'd think that it should be relatively easy to dispute the numbers if they are inaccurate.

If I recall correctly, one of the main criticisms of Sasse's hiring was that he was grossly underqualified to take on the position.

Are governmental "fiscal hawks" in Florida's GOP expressing outrage and demanding accountability? Is Florida's GOP controlled legislature demanding answers? Are they offering reasonable and plausible explanations to support the extra expenditures?

Because, from afar, it certainly appears that Sasse was caught using the UF Presidential Office as a piggy bank for his political colleagues and supporters.
I’m not a uf grad (😏) and I do not follow their inner workings.
I’m also not a follower of alleged “fiscal hawks” you allude to.
Ask a gator.

I’m not a uf grad (😏) and I do not follow their inner workings.
I’m also not a follower of alleged “fiscal hawks” you allude to.
Ask a gator.

Then is it safe to assume that you have zero interest in how public funds are spent at any public university other than FSU?

Then is it safe to assume that you have zero interest in how public funds are spent at any public university other than FSU?
It’s never safe to assume that public funds anywhere on this planet are consistently spend wisely.
I’ve yet to read the “rest of the story” but I think we will find out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT