ADVERTISEMENT

Gotta say

I'm sad that Biden hasn't already arrested Alito and Thomas pending a full investigation of their finances and their rulings. I'd go so far as to put temporary replacements in and then rush through a bunch of rulings to overturn the damage they've done over the last 4 years. Then those judges can rule on what an official act is (because that's how we do things now, clear conflicts of interest have no bearing on who rules on the case).

But we know that he won't do that and this is why Democrats always lose on stuff like this. They just won't take the gloves off, even when Republicans rip them off their hands.
I don't know how anyone could read this and think it's actually the dem party that wants some version of totalitarianism.

Reactions: KFsdisciple
I don't know how anyone could read this and think it's actually the dem party that wants some version of totalitarianism.
This is why it is impossible to debate with Republicans. You don't understand the consequences of your decisions. You all created this by engineering a complete takeover of the legislative process by the judicial branch and then in an effort to get Trump out of trouble have created the dictatorship that you claim to not want. But what you want is a dictatorship that does the things you want it to do. You certainly don't want it pointed back in your direction. Well, this is the playing field you have created so now you should get to live in it (but you won't have to because Democrats aren't evil). Bitch and moan all you want, but your side created this. Congratulations.

More like the DOJ has never been weaponized in the fashion that we are seeing today,.. Politics used to be a game for adults.
Never had a POTUS with the amount of convicted felonies in his administration . Most of which were convicted by his DOJ.
Going to go out on a limb here and call the guy a crook. Even if you discount the New York cases and the DC case. The Florida case is unprecedented. And he absolutely did it. But will get away with it thanks in part to a two tier justice system.

Reactions: sober_teacher
yeah, 'arrest pending investigation' is sort of a novel and interesting concept, even for people who aren't supreme court justices
Hey, he has immunity now. It's what living in a dictatorship is. Congrats. You got what you wanted. Besides, being arrested for a Republican means that not much changes except you get to go around raising a bunch of money.

Reactions: BelemNole and eb05
This is why it is impossible to debate with Republicans. You don't understand the consequences of your decisions. You all created this by engineering a complete takeover of the legislative process by the judicial branch and then in an effort to get Trump out of trouble have created the dictatorship that you claim to not want. But what you want is a dictatorship that does the things you want it to do. You certainly don't want it pointed back in your direction. Well, this is the playing field you have created so now you should get to live in it (but you won't have to because Democrats aren't evil). Bitch and moan all you want, but your side created this. Congratulations.
Don’t bet on it. What goes around comes around. There will be escalation in the future. When there aren’t consequences. At some point in the near future. Something similar to what any Decent dictator does will happen.
Simply dissolve Congress or turn it into a figurehead. Then do that with the Courts as well.

• Sad
Reactions: BioHawk
Hey, he has immunity now. It's what living in a dictatorship is. Congrats. You got what you wanted. Besides, being arrested for a Republican means that not much changes except you get to go around raising a bunch of money.
hold on their pal. he has immunity for some things now. others, time will tell.

As far as what 'i' wanted, well, not quite.

• Haha
Reactions: BelemNole
71zcPw3gw4L._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

You don't see it, do you?

And now you know the why behind the people always talking about "projection."
What, you thought court rulings only applied to Republicans? We told you what would be possible if the court gave him immunity. Hell, the lawyers explained it in their arguments. So don't go around acting all victimized now. Your side created this.

Of course, the courts don't think that Democrats will actually use the weapon they just handed them. They are probably right.

What, you thought court rulings only applied to Republicans? We told you what would be possible if the court gave him immunity. Hell, the lawyers explained it in their arguments. So don't go around acting all victimized now. You created this.

Of course, the courts don't think that Democrats will actually use the weapon they just handed them. They are probably right.
You and I often find ourselves on vastly different ends of the political spectrum but this seems a little much for you.

Take a breath man.

Eff the Supreme court. They wait until the last day and wait until the last ruling on whether or not Trump is immune. Gore V Bush was decided in days. But we've got to wait most of a year for this court to rule on presidential immunity?
Which might mean that from the start they collectively knew this meant nothing

You and I often find ourselves on vastly different ends of the political spectrum but this seems a little much for you.

Take a breath man.
This ruling is a bit much for me, I agree. They just gave the power for applying a different set of laws for the President than anyone else has. And if you control the judges who make these decisions, you control the decisions they make. Trump controls enough of the judges where he will be able to get away with anything because all they have to do is determine that as an "official act" and he gets immunity from it.

nah i don’t think it would save democracy. that’s already gone and has been for a few years.
Think it ended with Citizens United and has trickled down to the State level. Eventually will hit local level as well in full.

Reactions: eb05 and BioHawk
you read my mind
I don't know what emoticon to use in response to this, but it's what I fear as well. Really trying to not be hyperbolic and/or a dooms-dayer, but decisions are stacking up that I believe lead us to a much less perfect union. One where corporate influences are even stronger with negative impacts on people and the environment. Short term profit focus over almost everything. Weakened protections for minority groups. Maybe it all works out, but I'm not seeing it. I wish my conservative, liberal and libertarian friends the best as we move forward.

Reactions: eb05
Anyone surprised by the ruling or the timing has not been paying attention. This court is just an arm of the GOP. They don't even try to hide it at this point.

Reactions: blackbones
I don't know what emoticon to use in response to this, but it's what I fear as well. Really trying to not be hyperbolic and/or a dooms-dayer, but decisions are stacking up that I believe lead us to a much less perfect union. One where corporate influences are even stronger with negative impacts on people and the environment. Short term profit focus over almost everything. Weakened protections for minority groups. Maybe it all works out, but I'm not seeing it. I wish my conservative, liberal and libertarian friends the best as we move forward.
Feel housing is the cannery in the coal mine. The majority of us. Will be renters. Still paying the same or more of our income into housing but smaller and smaller homes/apartments that we lease.

Feel housing is the cannery in the coal mine. The majority of us. Will be renters. Still paying the same or more of our income into housing but smaller and smaller homes/apartments that we lease.
Wait. Why don't we just stay in the canneries?

Sorry, but I let another funny one go today, and simply could not let this opportunity pass.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT