ADVERTISEMENT

Gov. Abbott signs law making illegally entering Texas a state crime....

It would be nice if the Supreme Court ruled that the federal government has abdicated their duties in setting immigration policy and laws by way of dereliction of duty.

Derp. There it is.

Thousands of pages of immigration laws, hundreds of thousands of pages of regulations, thousands of arrests and deportations, and thousands of asylum claims adjudicated per year.

Northern: Supreme Court should just rule the federal government has abdicated its role at the border.

Why doesn't Abbott spend more time going after the people who employ illegals in Texas? Looks like Greg made a smart move in not running this time. In 2028 he'll be the King of MAGA.
“Today, Florida sent a strong message that as a state we will protect our resources, our communities, and our families,” said Representative Kiyan Michael.

This legislation will require private employers with 25 or more employees to use the E-Verify system for new employees, beginning on July 1, 2023. This bill also expands penalties for employers who fail to comply with E-Verify requirements, including the possible suspension and revocation of employer licenses and the imposition of specific penalties on employers that knowingly employ illegal aliens.

“Today, Florida sent a strong message that as a state we will protect our resources, our communities, and our families,” said Representative Kiyan Michael.

This legislation will require private employers with 25 or more employees to use the E-Verify system for new employees, beginning on July 1, 2023. This bill also expands penalties for employers who fail to comply with E-Verify requirements, including the possible suspension and revocation of employer licenses and the imposition of specific penalties on employers that knowingly employ illegal aliens.
Ron DeSantis website?

Ron DeSantis website?
If only there was a way to google and find out...
Maybe one day someone will invent that way...
And then maybe, someday after that day, someone will explain how it works to you...
Oh what a day that will be! Empowering! Can't wait...

If only there was a way to google and find out...
Maybe one day someone will invent that way...
And then maybe, someday after that day, someone will explain how it works to you...
Oh what a day that will be! Empowering! Can't wait...
Yep. First website was Ron DeSantis.

Sounds great except the state isn't actually using the law for a sweeping crackdown on employers.

Sounds great except the state isn't actually using the law for a sweeping crackdown on employers.
But, but @TC Nole OX posted a bunch of articles about how businesses would collapse without the illegal labor before the law went into effect.

What happened?

And how should one conduct a 'sweeping crackdown'?

Are you hoping to see all businesses with over 25 employees audited?
The law requires them to maintain their records in the event of investigation. Do you think the investigations should be predicated on a complaint, or do you actually desire to see a 'sweeping crackdown' where all the Disney sub contractors with more than 25 employees show they checked employee status in E-Verify?

But, but @TC Nole OX posted a bunch of articles about how businesses would collapse without the illegal labor before the law went into effect.

What happened?

The law requires them to maintain their records in the event of investigation. Do you think the investigations should be predicated on a complaint, or do you actually desire to see a 'sweeping crackdown' where all the Disney sub contractors with more than 25 employees show they checked employee status in E-Verify?
Avoiding the issue. Stay the same.

Just for fun...

Suppose some sheriff catches an undocumented alien on our side of the Rio, takes him to the border to hand him to the Mexicans . . . and the Mexicans say "No effing way, amigo; he's your problem now."

Then what?
Bullet in the back of the head = problem solved, sentence carried out and a nice deterrent to its fellow criminals.

At one time recently Biden touted getting Mexico to pay $2B to complete much of the wall. I assume that went as far as Kamala’s efforts after he assigned her to fix the border problem.

Going to be an interesting legal battle on this - Texas trying to establish that they can pass state law that supersedes that of federal law.

SC ruled on this a decade or so back...in favor of the federal govt.

Bad precedent if TX gets their way.

Thank you for admitting that he is doing something. And when did Biden ask everyone to surge to the border? Be specific
More questions without answering my question? Holy shit you really do have nothing. Have a good night loser troll.

What happened?

Heck if I know how you conduct a crackdown. My point is that there hasn't been one. The law says you may get punished but so far few employers have seen it.

Heck if I know how you conduct a crackdown. My point is that there hasn't been one. The law says you may get punished but so far few employers have seen it.
If you don't know how to conduct one, how can you be sure one isn't being conducted without your awareness?

Just for fun...

Suppose some sheriff catches an undocumented alien on our side of the Rio, takes him to the border to hand him to the Mexicans . . . and the Mexicans say "No effing way, amigo; he's your problem now."

Then what?
I’d guess they’d be held in custody until there was enough of them to fill a Chicago bound bus.

It's a simple question. Do you think Biden is doing nothing at the border?
His administration might be doing the exact same thing as Trump did for all I know, but he sent out the word that everyone seeking asylum would be heard, opening up the floodgates and now he can't stop the overflow. It would be a great time for compromise to keep the Ukraine war funded and address the border. Hell, he can even blame the Rs ( like he hasn't thought of that already ) because of the war funding...

• Haha
Reactions: lucas80
It should be a federal crime to enter the US in any other way than a port of entrance. Wait, it is a federal crime and there are criminals. Bye, gtfo.

Reactions: Here_4_a_Day
It should be a federal crime to enter the US in any other way than a port of entrance. Wait, it is a federal crime and there are criminals. Bye, gtfo.
That’s why they are called IAs… short for ILLEGAL ALIENS….not immigrants…..

Hey, I noticed you have a nice house and cars. You must have worked hard for that. Anyways, my family and I are going to go ahead and move into your spare bedroom because we haven’t done shit because we don’t have your entitlements. Btw, Healthcare open enrollment is going on now, if you could add us to your plan that would be great. What’s in the fridge? Smells like someone cooked something good and we’re hungry.”

His administration might be doing the exact same thing as Trump did for all I know, but he sent out the word that everyone seeking asylum would be heard, opening up the floodgates and now he can't stop the overflow. It would be a great time for compromise to keep the Ukraine war funded and address the border. Hell, he can even blame the Rs ( like he hasn't thought of that already ) because of the war funding...
This isn't accurate. It's the Rs who have been telling everybody that we have open borders. Cons say it almost as often as they talk about Hunter. And lo and behold. 4 straight years of it has led to more crossings. The real truth is that the border is more fortified than ever. So in this case, the Rs most definitely shoulder blame for their hand in this.

Gotta love the Rs. Can't stand up to Trump, but can stand up to powerless immigrants.
Powerless immigrants? It's our effin country, we don't owe them shit. Our country might be better if you left too.

Last edited:
This isn't accurate. It's the Rs who have been telling everybody that we have open borders. Cons say it almost as often as they talk about Hunter. And lo and behold. 4 straight years of it has led to more crossings. The real truth is that the border is more fortified than ever. So in this case, the Rs most definitely shoulder blame for their hand in this.

God you are ****ing dumb. What a loud mouth turd you are. Go back to post 57 in this thread. Your boy told them to come here. This is a you problem. Own it you dumb ****.

Last edited:

So now your touting the wall that Trump wanted to build, and biden said he would never build. But now biden is claiming he has to build it. And then you blame Republicans for the immigration problem. Lol.

You are definitely the perfect Democrat. You don't have a working brain than can see the lies and you will spread the propaganda no matter how stupid it sounds.

Can't say I blame him. Bidens continued "leadership" of kicking the can down the road isn't an option. When sanctuary cities, that are seeing a percentage of the total influx coming through Texas, are tapping out and saying it isn't sustainable I think most rationale people will understand Texas having to take a step.
I wouldn't expect to find many rational people here.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT