ADVERTISEMENT

Government healthcare is wonderful... just ask the British media...

My point is that these 30K a year families should be earning more, and paying income tax,... Wages have been suppressed for far too long and are just now beginning to move in the right direction...

Wut? That was your point? Well that's dumb.

Our taxes should be a way of equitably sharing the costs of government. EVERYBODY should pay SOMETHING... even if it's just a symbolic dollar.

We've weaponized the tax system and it needs to be reformed.

45000 people a year die in the US because of lack of healthcare. I suspect they would have opted to lay on a floor.

Moral, where did you see this stat?

Also, I think more people die due to malpractice.

Also, I think I saw a documentary that more people than 45,000 die each year due to drug abuse.

Also, my Canadian friend always comes to the U.S. for his surgery because of the wait in Canada.

There are ways to get people insured other than government control.

Wut? That was your point? Well that's dumb.

Our taxes should be a way of equitably sharing the costs of government. EVERYBODY should pay SOMETHING... even if it's just a symbolic dollar.

We've weaponized the tax system and it needs to be reformed.

Not dumb,... We've suppressed the cost of labor for years by not controlling immigration,... We need to control immigration and raise the value of labor so that we can put people on a more equal footing... We need to give people a way to earn their way into the middle class rather than using the tax system to dole them into the middle class,... I'd rather pay more for everything rather than give it in taxes to the government to play middle man...

Not dumb,... We've suppressed the cost of labor for years by not controlling immigration,... We need to control immigration and raise the value of labor so that we can put people on a more equal footing... We need to give people a way to earn their way into the middle class rather than using the tax system to dole them into the middle class,... I'd rather pay more for everything rather than give it to the government to play middle man...

Actually, if you want more taxpayers, we should welcome immigrants who want to come here and work. They would then become taxpayers.

Wanna be middle class? Become a nurse. Become a truck driver. You'll get a job immediately after being trained. There's good money in both of those occupations and it's rapidly getting even better (big shortages in both professions).

Actually, if you want more taxpayers, we should welcome immigrants who want to come here and work. They would then become taxpayers.

Yes, but immigrants that fill positions of need,... we don't need to import more competition for low wage jobs...

Reactions: Finance85
My point is that these 30K a year families should be earning more, and paying income tax,... Wages have been suppressed for far too long and are just now beginning to move in the right direction...

That's actually something I would agree with. The suppression of wages has been a major contributor to wealth being concentrated at the top.

I also think corporate tax dodges need to be reigned in.

I have yet to have someone answer for this. Based on this source

https://www.statista.com/statistics/222127/quarterly-corporate-profits-in-the-us/

Adding corporate profits for 2018 we come up with 8.298.5 (call it 8.3) trillion dollars of corporate PROFITS.

When we look at how much tax receipts our government gets out of that.

https://www.pgpf.org/blog/2018/10/c...-down-by-nearly-one-third-in-fiscal-year-2018

205 billion

So corporations paid an effective tax rate of 2.5%

Forget 21% which is the theoretical corporate tax rate. If corporations paid just a 10% effective tax rate and we had not had our silly little tax cut we would be running in the black.

Reactions: Razorhawk2
LOL..."underfunded"...like there is some place to go to look up what "right funded" would be.

I don't have to ask their media because I know many people who live over there, and everyone of them say (Except for when the conservatives try to keep cutting its funding) it's really good.

I do care if poor people die. That said, the poorest among us have Medicaid available, so you might want to try again. But you are partially right - I want to make sure all my resources aren't taken from me so that I have the ability to provide for my family before I provide for others.
Ok I’ll try again. If you are single and make $17,000 a year are you poor? Not according to Medicaid. You can’t have it both ways you either care if poor people die or you don’t. You obviously don’t.

I don't have to ask their media because I know many people who live over there, and everyone of them say (Except for when the conservatives try to keep cutting its funding) it's really good.

I bet you have lots of black friends, too.

I bet you have lots of black friends, too.
Not as many as I wish. But I manage a company with an office in England, I also have clients all over Europe. I meet them every year at conventions, and I talk with my staff on a daily basis.

I happen to know a bit about India's regulations and systems too due to our office there.

Next question?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT