ADVERTISEMENT

Great draw

Originally posted by Auger:
B1G teams get away with a physical style because of B1G officiating. It will be interesting if The officiating in the tournament will alow physical play. The fact Davidson and the Zags don't play a physical style could make things hard on some of Iowa's guys.
I'm thinking the exact opposite. I'm thinking a tighter called game actually helps the Hawks.....only guy who'd suffer is probably Woody and Gabe usually excels in the less physical type games.

Funny thing is, as much as Gonzaga hasn't seen frontcourt size like Iowa all year (save Arizona), neither has Iowa with Gonzaga.

We'd technically be the SECOND biggest frontcourt in all the Big 10.

Only YOU guys have a bigger frontcourt! Even Wisconsin is technically "smaller".

Of course this is purely objectified on roster heights.

Zags front court rotation is 6'10", 7'1", 6'10" (bench), 6'9" (bench).

Just saying, it kinda works both ways.

This post was edited on 3/21 9:21 AM by baldwinzag

Originally posted by baldwinzag:
Funny thing is, as much as Gonzaga hasn't seen frontcourt size like Iowa all year (save Arizona), neither has Iowa with Gonzaga.

We'd technically be the SECOND biggest frontcourt in all the Big 10.

Only YOU guys have a bigger frontcourt! Even Wisconsin is technically "smaller".

Of course this is purely objectified on roster heights.

Zags front court rotation is 6'10", 7'1", 6'10" (bench), 6'9" (bench).

Just saying, it kinda works both ways.

This post was edited on 3/21 9:21 AM by baldwinzag
Well we did play Texas too. Purdue has two giants in the middle.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Almost all of Iowa's losses are to teams that have some combination of size and physicality. Minny, PSU, NW, MSU, Texas, Purdue, Wisc, etc. Some of these teams aren't big but play physical Minny,PSU, MSU. Some are both. The zags seem to have the length and their center is big. Not sure how physical they play.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Take this with a grain of salt, yet Texas was our pre-season scrimmage "game" in November...Zags won by 17.

I don't believe in comparative theory, yet I've seen several references to Texas' size yet that is not a good team.

Originally posted by baldwinzag:
Take this with a grain of salt, yet Texas was our pre-season scrimmage "game" in November...Zags won by 17.

I don't believe in comparative theory, yet I've seen several references to Texas' size yet that is not a good team.
Back at you. We beat NDSU by 30 points in December. You beat them by how many? If you don't believe in the comparative theory than don't play it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT