ADVERTISEMENT

Great win! Hawks appreciation thread.

Hawk_4shur

HR Legend
Jan 2, 2009
I'm not sure why everyone is so upset after a great win last night. The Hawks played like their hair was on fire in the second half and got the W against a pretty good team.

- The Hawks actually outrebounded IU - 35-31.

- Held IU to 26 second half points while the Hawks put up 42.

- 16 offensive rebounds

- An incredible 15 steals

- 84% from the FT line.

- Kris Murray with an absolute star performance. 29 pts, 11 boards, 3 blocks

- Important contributions from almost everyone.

- 12 turnovers is pretty good, considering the intensity of the game.

- They did all this with one of the best players in the country on the bench

Hopefully the Hawks have turned a corner and the rest of the season will be fun!

I agree. Huge win! Fran had to do a lot of juggling of line-ups and subs due to all the fouls called on our bigs. Well-coached last night.

Reactions: Hawk_4shur
We need to acknowledge and appreciate each league win this year with the knowledge that we could be only several days from the dark cloud returning.
Last nite 2nd half was pure BB mid-january fun.
Beating IU in BB is always good.
Winning in the Barn is also great fun.Do it ,Hawks!

Reactions: FWIW4922463
Anytime we beat IU is always cause for celebration. We normally struggle against their type of defense. See last year.
In a real positive development: If Kris Murray has turned the corner and we get that performance from him consistently, this season could take a major swing back toward positive. Guarding both the Murray's at the same time is going to make life pretty tough for opposing teams...his play last night was very encouraging

2oZ4.gif

I'm not sure why everyone is so upset after a great win last night. The Hawks played like their hair was on fire in the second half and got the W against a pretty good team.

- 16 offensive rebounds

- 84% from the FT line.

Hopefully the Hawks have turned a corner and the rest of the season will be fun!
We aren't going anywhere the way the refs work
Prolly why most are annoyed

Reactions: FWIW4922463
Who's everyone that's so upset?

There will always be discussions post game about things that didn't go optimally. Is that a strange thing on a fan message board?
There were a hell of a lot more positives than negatives from last night's game. Reading this board you'd think Iowa lost badly - wrong players getting minutes, players who played doing poorly, etc. Having a positive thread was warranted.

Who's everyone that's so upset?

There will always be discussions post game about things that didn't go optimally. Is that a strange thing on a fan message board?
Agree. I would like the OP to provide one example of a Hawk fan who is upset that Iowa won last night.

Agree. I would like the OP to provide one example of a Hawk fan who is upset that Iowa won last night.
Never said anyone was upset about the win, but certainly not many expressed happiness about it either.

Discussion after a game, win or lose is normal, but the anger exhibited by some Is puzzling. Whining that their favorite lineup wasn’t used enough,rotten use of time outs by Fran, etc, etc. Last night was a helluva win against a talented and athletic team. Enjoy the f———win.

“certainly not many expressed happiness about it either”

You made the statement. Back it up.
Not expressing happiness is not the same thing as being unhappy with the win.

Many posters here are pointing out things that they didn't like about the game vs. things that they did like about the game.

If you don't agree with me, that's fine.

Reactions: ZumaHawk
Every once in a while, Iowa plays a stretch of basketball where they just wear out the opponent with relentless energy. That was the second half. Iowa just played harder, made Indiana uncomfortable on offense, and forced mistake after mistake.

Reactions: Hawk_4shur
Every once in a while, Iowa plays a stretch of basketball where they just wear out the opponent with relentless energy. That was the second half. Iowa just played harder, made Indiana uncomfortable on offense, and forced mistake after mistake.
Seems like the starters set that tone beginning of the 2nd half. And everyone else fed off of that. Keegan and Kris in at the same time works, hope to see much more of that.

- 16 offensive rebounds

- 84% from the FT line.

Yes, it was a nice win over a good Indiana squad. I think Indiana, particularly their front court, will give lots of opponents fits. Heck, I think the Hoosiers could beat the “powerful” Moo U team. 😉

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT