ADVERTISEMENT

Guaranteed 4 or 5 seed right?

You are correct. We need OSU to win tmw. To be a 4 seed.
Otherwise we are 5,seed.

We now need OSU to lose tomorrow to be the 5 seed or else we'll be the 6 seed.

Originally posted by Hawkeye2222:

lets say IA gets the 5 seed who will they play on Thursday?
not sure; but Purdue would face the winner on Friday at 8 am (or so )
happy.r191677.gif

Does either MSU or Purdue have the 3 seed locked up yet? Would rather play Ourdue in second round.

I posted this elsewhere:

B. Multiple team tie:
1. Results of head-to-head competition during the regular-season.
a. When comparing records against the tied teams, the team with the higher winning percentage shall prevail, even if the number of games played against the team or group are unequal (i.e., 2-0 is better than 3-1, but 2-0 is not better than 1-0).
b. After the top team among the tied teams is determined, the second team is ranked by its record among the original tied teams, not the head-to-head record vs. the remaining team(s).[/QUOTE]
Without OSU at 12-6:
MSU takes the three seed; Purdue 1-1 against the 12-6 teams (beat Iowa, lost to MSU), Iowa 0-2 against the 12-6 teams (lost to MSU, lost to Purdue). Purdue gets the four seed, Iowa gets the five seed.
With OSU at 12-6:
MSU takes the three seed. Iowa's record against the 12-6 teams is 2-2. Purdue's record is 2-2 (split with OSU, lost to MSU), OSU's rank against the other two is 1-3 (lost to MSU). OSU falls out of the running and takes the six seed.
continuing…2. If the remaining teams are still tied, then each tied team's record shall be compared to the team occupying the highest position in the final regular-season standings, continuing down through the standings until one team gains an advantage.[/QUOTE]
Iowa against #1 Wisconsin = 0-2; Purdue against #1 Wisconsin = 0-1; nothing decided…
Iowa against #2 Maryland = 1-0; Purdue against #2 Maryland = 0-1
Iowa takes the four seed, Purdue gets the five seed.

If my kids stay in the tub for much longer I might just research the twelve seed scenarios as well.

Originally posted by OC_Hawk:
I posted this elsewhere:

B. Multiple team tie:
1. Results of head-to-head competition during the regular-season.
a. When comparing records against the tied teams, the team with the higher winning percentage shall prevail, even if the number of games played against the team or group are unequal (i.e., 2-0 is better than 3-1, but 2-0 is not better than 1-0).
b. After the top team among the tied teams is determined, the second team is ranked by its record among the original tied teams, not the head-to-head record vs. the remaining team(s).

Without OSU at 12-6:
MSU takes the three seed; Purdue 1-1 against the 12-6 teams (beat Iowa, lost to MSU), Iowa 0-2 against the 12-6 teams (lost to MSU, lost to Purdue). Purdue gets the four seed, Iowa gets the five seed.

With OSU at 12-6:
MSU takes the three seed. Iowa's record against the 12-6 teams is 2-2. Purdue's record is 2-2 (split with OSU, lost to MSU), OSU's rank against the other two is 1-3 (lost to MSU). OSU falls out of the running and takes the six seed.

continuing…
2. If the remaining teams are still tied, then each tied team's record shall be compared to the team occupying the highest position in the final regular-season standings, continuing down through the standings until one team gains an advantage.[/QUOTE]
Iowa against #1 Wisconsin = 0-2; Purdue against #1 Wisconsin = 0-1; nothing decided…
Iowa against #2 Maryland = 1-0; Purdue against #2 Maryland = 0-1
Iowa takes the four seed, Purdue gets the five seed.

If my kids stay in the tub for much longer I might just research the twelve seed scenarios as well.

[/QUOTE]
No, you've done enough already.

In other words, they'll likely be a lot of Ohio State fans on this board tomorrow

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT