ADVERTISEMENT

Hailey Van Lith

Thought I read she has two potentially which would include a Covid year?
Well, I saw grad transfer and immediately thought last year. I thought she was a grade above Caitlin, oops. Still, we don't need her with CC. We could use the other two, especially Betts.

I have heard that Iowa does not have any available schollies, is this true? If so, then the only way Bluder gets some of these transfer portal players is to tell some current players to walk, or bring them in as walk ons. Of course, now days with NIL, maybe a walk on could make enough to pay for school and still line their pockets. :)

I have heard that Iowa does not have any available schollies, is this true? If so, then the only way Bluder gets some of these transfer portal players is to tell some current players to walk, or bring them in as walk ons. Of course, now days with NIL, maybe a walk on could make enough to pay for school and still line their pockets. :)

We had 15 (the maximum) on scholarship this past season.

Molly Davis is listed as a senior but I don't think she's done.

We lose 2 (Monika & McKenna). However, two high school kids are coming in, I believe, so we're back to the maximum of 15 on scholarship.

So, like you said, how could we add Hailey or anyone when we have 0 scholarships available for next season?

Last season's roster:

Keep in mind that all 15 scholarships are spoken for. How are they gonna add anyone else?

2023-2024 Iowa Hawkeyes​

Point Guard (3)

Seniors – Molly Davis, Caitlin Clark

Juniors – none

Sophomores – none

Freshmen – Kennise Johnson-Etienne

Shooting Guard (3)

Seniors – Gabbie Marshall

Juniors – Kylie Feuerbach

Sophomores – Taylor McCabe

Freshmen – none

Small Forward (3)

Seniors – Kate Martin

Juniors – Sydney Affolter, Shateah Wetering

Sophomores – none

Freshmen – none

Power Forward (3)

Seniors – none

Juniors – none

Sophomores – Jada Gyamfi, Hannah Stuelke

Freshmen – Ava Jones

Center (3)

Seniors – none

Juniors – AJ Ediger, Sharon Goodman, Addison O’Grady

Sophomores – none

Freshmen – none

TOTAL: 15/15​

We had 15 (the maximum) on scholarship this past season.

Molly Davis is listed as a senior but I don't think she's done.

We lose 2 (Monika & McKenna). However, two high school kids are coming in, I believe, so we're back to the maximum of 15 on scholarship.

So, like you said, how could we add Hailey or anyone when we have 0 scholarships available for next season?

Last season's roster:

Fire some people.....

Well, I saw grad transfer and immediately thought last year. I thought she was a grade above Caitlin, oops. Still, we don't need her with CC. We could use the other two, especially Betts.
Yes I’m totally in agreement on that part as well. If a spot should open up we definitely need a post first.

NIL will probably be the way to get extra players to iowa unless players that won’t play transfer out.

Oh, and HVL appears to be white trash with how she acts on the court. Her Dad looks like a clown too.

Reactions: SL Hawk Fan
That’s because he lied to Iowa about coming back and tried to make it look like there was no contact between him and Kentucky before he left. It looked way worse then than it does now. Was that right before NIL or after?

Then CJ has proceeded to shoot a sizzling 35% from the field at UK, with a whopping 3 points in their NCAA Tournament games.

The fact that he is in their rotation shows how much less talented UK’s teams are now than in Cal’s first 7 years there.

Fire some people.....

Or how about the NCAA not be a bunch of pricks and not have Ava Jones's scholarship count against our limit?

She can keep her dream of playing for Iowa but realistically she won't be able to suit up. Don't make her do the medical hardship waiver. If she did that then she'd be medically retired from Iowa.

Do you not understand the roster limit is 15, regardless of scholarship or walk on?

Keep in mind that all 15 scholarships are spoken for. How are they gonna add anyone else?

2023-2024 Iowa Hawkeyes​

Point Guard (3)

Seniors – Molly Davis, Caitlin Clark

Juniors – none

Sophomores – none

Freshmen – Kennise Johnson-Etienne

Shooting Guard (3)

Seniors – Gabbie Marshall

Juniors – Kylie Feuerbach

Sophomores – Taylor McCabe

Freshmen – none

Small Forward (3)

Seniors – Kate Martin

Juniors – Sydney Affolter, Shateah Wetering

Sophomores – none

Freshmen – none

Power Forward (3)

Seniors – none

Juniors – none

Sophomores – Jada Gyamfi, Hannah Stuelke

Freshmen – Ava Jones

Center (3)

Seniors – none

Juniors – AJ Ediger, Sharon Goodman, Addison O’Grady

Sophomores – none

Freshmen – none

TOTAL: 15/15​

Rosters change. I’m expecting at least 1 spot to open up. If Betts wants to come to Iowa, it will happen.

She'll go to a Adidas school. Gets NIL money from them.
Well not Oregon then but I think they said her family is still is Wash so maybe she is transferring back there. She has proved herself on the top levels of WBball. Although she might be chasing a ring at UConn etc

NIL will probably be the way to get extra players to iowa unless players that won’t play transfer out.

Oh, and HVL appears to be white trash with how she acts on the court. Her Dad looks like a clown too.
Men act the same way on the court or field. And we call it passion.

Yes HVL and CC are friends. She won’t end up at Iowa tho — zero percent chance.
Never 0%. A long shot...for sure. But never 0%

If scholly limits were the issue.. CC could definitely pay her own way with NIL $ freeing up a scholly. HVL probably could too...she's a superstar.

Never 0%. A long shot...for sure. But never 0%

If scholly limits were the issue.. CC could definitely pay her own way with NIL $ freeing up a scholly. HVL probably could too...she's a superstar.
We would not bring back Marshall and Martin for a COVID year if there was any chance we’d seek a guard in the portal. Right now it’s looking like we will need to be creative to even bring in one person, it certainly won’t be a G.

Might be time to start saving a scholarship every year for a portal player for that missing piece you need. A 3 yr. starter is better than recruiting a HS girl unless they're going to be a freshman starter.

Might be time to start saving a scholarship every year for a portal player for that missing piece you need. A 3 yr. starter is better than recruiting a HS girl unless they're going to be a freshman starter.
Bluder did this the last two seasons. I’ve mentioned a few times now I was very surprised when she announced both Marshall and Martin were returning. When she let Tomi graduate, I knew it was bc she wanted to portal. I really thought she would do the same this year. It led me to strongly wonder if she knew someone was likely to be leaving.

We would not bring back Marshall and Martin for a COVID year if there was any chance we’d seek a guard in the portal. Right now it’s looking like we will need to be creative to even bring in one person, it certainly won’t be a G.
And yet we still need an off guard that can handle the ball and score when teams are hounding Clark.

I think everyone can admit that when the ball wasn't in Clark's hands, people were worried it was getting stolen from Martin, Warnock, Davis in just about every game from Colorado on..........

Nope it won’t happen, and even if it did…not sure how well it would work out as they both need/want the ball in their hands to be effective.
While this is true, at Louisville, Van Lith was more of a shooting guard, and wasn't always the one to bring the ball up the floor.

They just ran a lot of stuff to get her open looks or space to create.

And yet we still need an off guard that can handle the ball and score when teams are hounding Clark.

I think everyone can admit that when the ball wasn't in Clark's hands, people were worried it was getting stolen from Martin, Warnock, Davis in just about every game from Colorado on..........
Bluder has had faith in her 3 starting Gs for 3 seasons and isn’t going to shake things up now.

False. I (and plenty of others) don't like it when men do it either.
Talking sh#t and chirping back and forth has been done in basketball forever. While I understand the line between that and taunting may be hard to draw, saying shut up, you're down 15 certainly is not. Just not a big deal. And for someone to call HVL "white trash" because she was talking too, that is BS as well. It's part of the game.

Talking sh#t and chirping back and forth has been done in basketball forever. While I understand the line between that and taunting may be hard to draw, saying shut up, you're down 15 certainly is not. Just not a big deal. And for someone to call HVL "white trash" because she was talking too, that is BS as well. It's part of the game.
#context matters

Reactions: shudaddy
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT