ADVERTISEMENT

Hall

Because of one match for each guy? Yeah, that's a good barometer. Shall we compare bonus rates? Don't rack up many points just shoving guys OOB.

I think a better comparison would be who stalled out their opponent more.. I’d bet it’s the offensive juggernaut Sam Stoll. Bonus rates don’t take into account the level of competition nor the different styles due to the weight variance. Let me know when you have the figures compiled and we can discuss.

He didn’t do a god-damn thing that whole match. Joseph either. No PSU fan should ever pick on Sam Stoll again.

I thought PSU the whole night, other than Cassar, was very uncharacteristic. They weren’t putting on a show, which was disappointing. The “shows” were them losing, or becoming 3xers.

Then again, Spencer’s show wasn’t great. Another year in which the matches prior to finals were the real treats for viewers.

Hall doesn’t do shit, ever. Body of work is clear. Effing snooze fest almost every match.

Coubter wrestling is still wrestling, and Hall at the top. Not ALL counter wrestling is stalling. Should have been several double stall calls tonight. Hell, he took his headgear off before it was over.

Because of one match for each guy? Yeah, that's a good barometer. Shall we compare bonus rates? Don't rack up many points just shoving guys OOB.
Are you guys going to get rid of the greatest coach every after this year. How could such a great coach have two previous NCAA champs go down in a pile of sh--? I have to put than on weak coaching. I'll bet these guys aren't having much FUN tonight even though the won the trophy...Ha Ha HA

PSU wrestlers are all complete asshats other than Cenzo and Nolf. Those 2 are so night and day different than the others. Even the one that got away is a douche (Suriano)

Reactions: Hawk174 and Grip220

Comparing a hwt to the incredibly blue chipped Mark Hall with insane quickness, reaction time, and technical ability?

Stoll isn't capable of initiating the offense that Mark Hall is. Stoll works with what he has (not to mention 3 major knee injuries). Mark Hall is immensely talented and athletic yet often wrestles very tight without opening up. The antithesis to Nickal and Nolf. And thank god that he wrestles that way b/c I think he's good enough to dominate like Nickal and Nolf if he were to open up more.

43469320.jpg
Hall doesn’t do shit, ever. Body of work is clear. Effing snooze fest almost every match.

Lol, because I'm generous, here's my gift to you (even though you dont deserve it) 8 out of 9.

Last edited:
He is still an arrogant douche. His interviews are cringe worthy.

Bo is just emotional and although hes been bred to hate Iowa, hes really not that bad.
Although I really enjoyed his Ebby Calvin 'Nuke' LaLoosh moment last year.

As I stated before, karma on Hall after winning it as freshman he may never win it again. Unless he redshirts so he doesn't have to deal with Valencia again.

All I could think while watching Hall Valencia wrestle was how action packed a Kemdawg Valencia match up would be.
I’m remaining cautiously optimistic about Kem. He is up two classes and has been out a long time with injury. Also, when will we know if he’s seeking a 6th year and if it’s approved?

glad to see him go down and Valencia smash his guitar. Hall has absolutely no class when he wins

I was happy to see Hall lose as well. Valencia has deprived Hall of 2 titles now.... sweet!

Joseph losing surprised me. He doesn't annoy like Hall. But that Mekhi Lewis.... what a beast. He seemed to match Joseph's strength, plus having speed. Will be interesting to see if he stays at 165 next year.

I’m remaining cautiously optimistic about Kem. He is up two classes and has been out a long time with injury. Also, when will we know if he’s seeking a 6th year and if it’s approved?

Probably not until after the 5th year and within sight of 6th.

Makes it difficult to plan academically unless there’s a 1-yr masters program.

It's completely ridiculous that the NCAA makes them wait until the final semester of their senior year to make a decision. If a wrestler were to move on from competing after their eligibility is out, that final semester is the most important for planning for their future, applying for jobs, figuring out where to live, etc. It's frankly very unfair to the student athlete to inform them so late.

It's completely ridiculous that the NCAA makes them wait until the final semester of their senior year to make a decision. If a wrestler were to move on from competing after their eligibility is out, that final semester is the most important for planning for their future, applying for jobs, figuring out where to live, etc. It's frankly very unfair to the student athlete to inform them so late.
It really is unfair to the student athletes, but given it’s the NCAA, it doesn’t surprise me.

I thought PSU the whole night, other than Cassar, was very uncharacteristic. They weren’t putting on a show, which was disappointing. The “shows” were them losing, or becoming 3xers.

Then again, Spencer’s show wasn’t great. Another year in which the matches prior to finals were the real treats for viewers.
I think this is typically how it goes which is why I think the semis/bloodround session is way better. A lot of NCAA finals are super tactical and low scoring due to quality of competition and all of the scouting/gameplanning.

Reactions: PSU197276
I was happy to see Hall lose as well. Valencia has deprived Hall of 2 titles now.... sweet!

Joseph losing surprised me. He doesn't annoy like Hall. But that Mekhi Lewis.... what a beast. He seemed to match Joseph's strength, plus having speed. Will be interesting to see if he stays at 165 next year.

Using essentially one big move, successfully, so often annoys me. Then again, the great ones catch him in it.

Yeah, Nick Lee is a cocky ahole o_O And Berge and RBY too

Maybe not as big of a holes as their creepy fans who obsess over another teams message board. Anyone who has over 100 posts on another teams board is a straight up troll, has no life, or both. Guessing most of you are the 3rd option

Maybe not as big of a holes as their creepy fans who obsess over another teams message board. Anyone who has over 100 posts on another teams board is a straight up troll, has no life, or both. Guessing most of you are the 3rd option
Are you guys going to get rid of the greatest coach every after this year. How could such a great coach have two previous NCAA champs go down in a pile of sh--? I have to put than on weak coaching. I'll bet these guys aren't having much FUN tonight even though the won the trophy...Ha Ha HA
Sure did. Can't win them all that's unrealistic expectations .Something your pretty familiar with just because they lost doesn't mean the sky is falling or we should fire the coaching staff or accuse the other team of cheating they learn from it and move on lol. Still champions

Where is the great coaching job by Cael? These guys should think about transferring like Suriano did so they can get better coaching and a National title:D Probably not as much FUN as when you're winning...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT