ADVERTISEMENT

Hammock advice

Tenacious E

HR Legend
Dec 4, 2001
Looking to get an outdoor hammock with its own stand. They all look about the same to me on Amazon. Brands/features you recommend? TIA

906414c3-1fc8-4c7d-a10e-b65bb7ac4e76_text.gif

Reactions: QChawks
I have looked a few times and always talked myself out of hammock life. I would probably do removable posts if it was feasible. Those big ass frames annoy me just looking at them.

Maybe your experience will be different. Bought my wife one with a stand several years ago for Mother’s Day. That’s what she wanted. She rarely, if ever, used it. It got filthy with all the storms and wind that we eventually tossed it. We also bought one that doesn’t have a stand. It was used 2-3 times. I’m not sure what ever happened to it. We always get the urge to get a hammock after a trip to an AI resort that has one on the balcony. They always seem so amazing at those places.

I have looked a few times and always talked myself out of hammock life. I would probably do removable posts if it was feasible. Those big ass frames annoy me just looking at them.
Based on the wisdom imparted in this thread, I made the below selection, which is a portable but sturdy frame.

Reactions: Moral
Be sure to keep it in the garage when not using it. The elements will kill it pretty quick. We have one. Wife and daughters love to use it to read or nap. Me, not so much

Be sure to keep it in the garage when not using it. The elements will kill it pretty quick. We have one. Wife and daughters love to use it to read or nap. Me, not so much
A friend of mine has one and said that to be mindful of it blowing around on a windy day. I tried to get one with breathable fabric, so we'll see how it goes. Looking forward to it on a Sunday afternoon after mowing.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT