ADVERTISEMENT

Hancher Lot

NIge1684

HR MVP
Dec 21, 2001
Going to the game this weekend. First time in 2019. I use to tailgate in Hancher for years... Then Kids!
If I get to Hancher at 11, well I get a decent spot? get a spot?

Based on the first game I would say you will get a spot, probably not a decent spot though. Leaving 45 minutes to an hour before kick the line was at least 20 minutes for a bus, longest line I have ever seen at Hancher.

I'll second Hawkdiver. We've tailgated at Hancher for nearly 20 years and the first game was one of the busiest since we started. But skip the bus - the walk to Kinnick is great for working off some of the tailgate food/beverages.
And heaven forbid they allow us to park in front of the Theatre Building. They block it off each week for "Theatre Performance Parking Only", but at best there will be 5 cars in that lot.

I'll second Hawkdiver. We've tailgated at Hancher for nearly 20 years and the first game was one of the busiest since we started. But skip the bus - the walk to Kinnick is great for working off some of the tailgate food/beverages.
And heaven forbid they allow us to park in front of the Theatre Building. They block it off each week for "Theatre Performance Parking Only", but at best there will be 5 cars in that lot.
How long to walk it?

There have been so many good lots by the stadium squeezed out by development, I would imagine Hancher is probably a pretty good spot now.

Hancher advantages: quick exit to I-80; it's FREE; in the past we could spread out and take multiple parking spots (not so much anymore); love the walk (it's about a 15-20 minute walk). We started going to Hancher before the flood. At that time, they let you use the restrooms in the music building. Just kept going there out of habit and got to know a lot of the people around us. We used to have to pay off the security guard with food so that she wouldn't take our booze, but there has been little-to-no police presence in the last few years.

Reactions: iahawks10
Hancher advantages: quick exit to I-80; it's FREE; in the past we could spread out and take multiple parking spots (not so much anymore); love the walk (it's about a 15-20 minute walk). We started going to Hancher before the flood. At that time, they let you use the restrooms in the music building. Just kept going there out of habit and got to know a lot of the people around us. We used to have to pay off the security guard with food so that she wouldn't take our booze, but there has been little-to-no police presence in the last few years.

Not a bad walk at all. I prefer to walk it as opposed to cramming on a bus (especially after the game).

The easy out and back onto I80 in a couple minutes is the best thing about parking there.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT