ADVERTISEMENT

Hannah and Addison appreciation thread

Nice job in 2nd half by both post players for Hawks.
Addison made a huge contribution with this matchup.
Hopefully both will get a confidence boost from their performances going into the weekend...we need everyone playing their best to win.

A few select people on this board have been bitching all year that our posts would get humiliated in the tournament, Coach Bluder was incompetent for not getting a post in the portal, we're not big enough to win the big ones etc. etc. 2 games to go but there's already a ton of humble pie that needs to be eaten. Hannah and Adi (and once in a while even AJ) have done very well. Hannah especially plays different than other teams with her speed. Not sure we have enough for S Carolina but we've beaten them once. Go Hawks!

A few select people on this board have been bitching all year that our posts would get humiliated in the tournament, Coach Bluder was incompetent for not getting a post in the portal, we're not big enough to win the big ones etc. etc. 2 games to go but there's already a ton of humble pie that needs to be eaten. Hannah and Adi (and once in a while even AJ) have done very well. Hannah especially plays different than other teams with her speed. Not sure we have enough for S Carolina but we've beaten them once. Go Hawks!
O Grady picked a great time to have her best game of the season. Ran the floor, neutralized Angel in the 2nd half. So happy for her. Good combo from the 2 of them last night.

Next year this team I believe will most likely have Hanna play more of a mix of 4 position and the 5 position along with be combo of Ogrady, Edinger and incoming prized Oregon recruit at 5 position. Syd will take over Martins role as the glue.

Without Clark, the speed of the game will slow down and allow a bigger lineup...and take advantage of where most experience is. Need to find a PG at this point...transfer maybe...but not sure if freshman will be healthy and ready to do that.

Was glad to see Ogrady do some things physically...and she did frustrate AR and other LSU basket hangers with space she had in there that Hannah can't provide....they missed lots of putbacks because they were getting jostled around....but Martin and Syd and Clark were also in their as well...sometimes getting that 2nd or 3rd attempted rebound. off LSU misses.

Was glad whenever Lith decided to pull up and shoot...she was awful all night and was a factor in LSU collapse.

BTW JuJu is good player...not a a all around great player. She has multiple good athletes around her that pick up her slack at times. From my take, she does a lot of standing around....until a hero attempted drive. So big basketball media stop with the handing of the baton from Clark to her. narrative...she is not on the same relay team as Clark overall...never will be. And she will have a rude awakening in big10.

Last edited:
O Grady picked a great time to have her best game of the season. Ran the floor, neutralized Angel in the 2nd half. So happy for her. Good combo from the 2 of them last night.
looked like in the 2nd half stuelke got tired of being pushed around. She started planting her knee right in reese’s ass and wasn’t just going to be pushed down right under the basket. O’Grady stepping up and playing fantastic D and contributing on O as well was awesome to see and I think allowed Stuelke to be more physical when she was in.

Reactions: obfuscating
Ogrady changed the game for Iowa defensively. Held her own and more against Reese. Sure LSU still got some things inside, but they had to work for it unlike the first 10 minutes

• Love
Reactions: HIWILLE and littlez
Next year this team I believe will most likely have Hanna play more of a mix of 4 position and the 5 position along with be combo of Ogrady, Edinger and incoming prized Oregon recruit at 5 position. Syd will take over Martins role as the glue.

Without Clark, the speed of the game will slow down and allow a bigger lineup...and take advantage of where most experience is. Need to find a PG at this point...transfer maybe...but not sure if freshman will be healthy and ready to do that.

Was glad to see Ogrady do some things physically...and she did frustrate AR and other LSU basket hangers with space she had in there that Hannah can't provide....they missed lots of putbacks because they were getting jostled around....but Martin and Syd and Clark were also in their as well...sometimes getting that 2nd or 3rd attempted rebound. off LSU misses.

Was glad whenever Lith decided to pull up and shoot...she was awful all night and was a factor in LSU collapse.

BTW JuJu is good player...not a a all around great player. She has multiple good athletes around her that pick up her slack at times. From my take, she does a lot of standing around....until a hero attempted drive. So big basketball media stop with the handing of the baton from Clark to her. narrative...she is not on the same relay team as Clark overall...never will be. And she will have a rude awakening in big10.
This seems premature. She’s only 18, was 2nd in scoring in the country (behind Clark who set a single season scoring record), and played in probably the best conference top to bottom. She will never BE Clark, but she’s similarly exciting to watch play (even without the unlimited range).

Iowa definitely doesn’t make the Final Four without Clark. But they don’t win the BTT or make the Final Four without these other role players doing their part.

Reactions: littlez
It was good to see ogrady lean on reese. she has the size to move reese off the block and after reese hurt her ankle, i was thinking iowa needs to have some big girls constantly pushing her since its hard to hold position when you have a tender ankle-- also makes it more difficult to jump

Rude awakening in the Big Ten? UCLA, USC, Stanford, Colorado, Oregon State all made the Sweet 16. Pac 12 was the deepest conference in the country this year. USC I thought let the moment get to big for them last night but not sure why you think Juju won't continue to dominate. She's an incredible player, especially for a Freshman.

Reactions: MilleGinja
Rude awakening in the Big Ten? UCLA, USC, Stanford, Colorado, Oregon State all made the Sweet 16. Pac 12 was the deepest conference in the country this year. USC I thought let the moment get to big for them last night but not sure why you think Juju won't continue to dominate. She's an incredible player, especially for a Freshman.
You do know that Stanford, Colorado and Oregon State are not joining the Big Ten.

looked like in the 2nd half stuelke got tired of being pushed around. She started planting her knee right in reese’s ass and wasn’t just going to be pushed down right under the basket. O’Grady stepping up and playing fantastic D and contributing on O as well was awesome to see and I think allowed Stuelke to be more physical when she was in.
I noticed this too. Hannah became much more aggressive. If she was 6'5...oh my

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT