ADVERTISEMENT

Happy Legal Cannabis Day

Kim only believes in letting Iowans make smart choices when it comes to pandering to anti-vaccine nuts.

Reactions: torbee
Minnesota legal on 8/1

Go ahead and flaunt your 2 oz. in public
Grow your 2 lbs at home

Residents of ND, SD, WI, and Iowa - safe travels on your border hopping trips to secure your stash.
Any word on where shops will be located?

Reactions: McLovin32
Any word on where shops will be located?
I’m not familiar with the legislative details but there is a state agency created to issue licenses and I understand that it is a somewhat lengthy process. Probably won’t see any retail outlets for months.

It’s probably safe to say investors in MN border towns near larger populations and/or heavily travelled roads have done their homework and have already applied for a license.

Reactions: McLovin32
I’m not familiar with the legislative details but there is a state agency created to issue licenses and I understand that it is a somewhat lengthy process. Probably won’t see any retail outlets for months.

It’s probably safe to say investors in MN border towns near larger populations and/or heavily travelled roads have done their homework and have already applied for a license.
Investors/owners - I've found that when legislation like this passes, owners of cannabis shops are typically turn key operations. I'll look and see if I see anything as far as where to go.

Can possess 2 lbs but can only have 8 plants, 4 flowering, at any one time. No clue how long that would take to grow that much.

Dispensaries won’t be open for quite some time; outside of a reservation up north that already opened. There are a lot of hurdles to get the licenses, including equity preferences, so I don’t think many are even approved yet. Pretty sure most of the current medical dispensaries will get denied a distribution license. On my phone so can’t figure out how to link the license rules; but the state is certainly, at least attempting, to diversify the licenses

There are a lot of hurdles to get the licenses, including equity preferences, so I don’t think many are even approved yet. Pretty sure most of the current medical dispensaries will get denied a distribution license. On my phone so can’t figure out how to link the license rules; but the state is certainly, at least attempting, to diversify the licenses
Yeah, Illinois talked a big game about that too.

And nearly every dispensary I've been to is owned by a rich white dude, several of whom ALSO control the beer distribution network in their region. :rolleyes:

Yeah, Illinois talked a big game about that too.

And nearly every dispensary I've been to is owned by a rich white dude, several of whom ALSO control the beer distribution network in their region. :rolleyes:

Why you support them then?

Why you support them then?
giphy.gif

Reactions: Moral
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT