ADVERTISEMENT

Harbaugh

Bottom line, Michigan made a number of mistakes in this game (twice inside the 5 and no points, gave up two pick sixes) and they got hosed by the officials (TD overturned for some reason and a clear targeting not called). It was too much to overcome.

Why? Because the refs didn't call the forward lateral against MU on the last play?

I honestly wasn't sure but did the ball ever cross the line of scrimmage? If not, why was that an illegal forward pass? The lineman got it, pitched it back to the running back, he threw it forward but I thought he was behind the line at that point. I may have missed something though.

Reactions: Rambler Hawk
I honestly wasn't sure but did the ball ever cross the line of scrimmage? If not, why was that an illegal forward pass? The lineman got it, pitched it back to the running back, he threw it forward but I thought he was behind the line at that point. I may have missed something though.

The RB could have thrown the ball beyond the LOS on that play. There had been no other forward movement of the ball on the play.

Reactions: BonzoFury
The RB could have thrown the ball beyond the LOS on that play. There had been no other forward movement of the ball on the play.

I know. I watched it again on the replay during the OSU game. It was totally legal. I wasn't sure if the RB was across the line when he threw but he wasn't even close. There was nothing illegal that I saw on that play.

I know. I watched it again on the replay during the OSU game. It was totally legal. I wasn't sure if the RB was across the line when he threw but he wasn't even close. There was nothing illegal that I saw on that play.
Yep, nothing illegal on that throw, Don't know why it was even questioned.

Reactions: Hawkfan_08
The difference in talent and play of these semi final games compared to that crapfest Music Bowl is not even close. All four of teams just blowout the Hawks. Duggan would put up 1/2 hundred plus vs the Hawks, just like OhioSt did.

Last edited:
Why? Because the refs didn't call the forward lateral against MU on the last play?
Well if I am remembering that play correctly, Mich had a handoff or a lateral to start that play but had not yet thrown a pass. So why cant/couldnt that player throw the ball forward as long as it went to an eligible receiver, which it did.

The difference in talent and play of these semi final games compared to that crapfest Music Bowl is not even close. All four of teams just blowout the Hawks. Duggan would put up 1/2 hundred plus vs the Hawks, just like OhioSt did.
On a roll…the douche is strong in you it is

Reactions: GolfHacker1
Why do you pretend to be a hawkeye fan and troll every thread. We know you are probably a nebby fan with all your remarks. Are you just a teen getting kicks because you don't troll well. StateCollegeMan was a real troll. Take notes boy.

Reactions: FireBrianFerentz
Honestly Duggan looked like shit most of the game but made a couple of good big plays. he may not have made those on a better Iowa defense, so NO......

Bottom line, Michigan made a number of mistakes in this game (twice inside the 5 and no points, gave up two pick sixes) and they got hosed by the officials (TD overturned for some reason and a clear targeting not called). It was too much to overcome.
what sucks about the targeting call, the offensive player was done for the game and the defensive guy got to continue on...

Reactions: Bishop1971
what sucks about the targeting call, the offensive player was done for the game and the defensive guy got to continue on...
It was such an obvious targeting call. Crown of helmet to helmet contact. Launched, offensive player had his back, side to him so no offensive lowering of the head. The most obvious targeting I've seen in awhile. Fills every box.

Even if they call targeting and bail that horrendous play out, they are on their own 40 with 25 secs left and need a TD. Stop acting like that cost them the game.

There are pics all over Twitter of the receivers butt/leg being down on the half yard line on the TD. If you can’t score from the half yard line with four tries with a 5 star QB, 5 star RB, and best OL in the country, not sure you deserve to win. Choke job.

On mistakes, don’t act like TCU didn’t make any. Two interceptions after the ball hit their guys hands or chest. You can say the Philly special call was a mistake, or you can also say TCU was disciplined and defended it perfectly.

Stop making excuses about officiating and mistakes when TCU was the better team and made the big plays when they mattered. I know it’s tough to think the 2nd place Big 12 team is better than the Big 10 Champion, but those are the facts.

Even if they call targeting and bail that horrendous play out, they are on their own 40 with 25 secs left and need a TD. Stop acting like that cost them the game.

There are pics all over Twitter of the receivers butt/leg being down on the half yard line on the TD. If you can’t score from the half yard line with four tries with a 5 star QB, 5 star RB, and best OL in the country, not sure you deserve to win. Choke job.

On mistakes, don’t act like TCU didn’t make any. Two interceptions after the ball hit their guys hands or chest. You can say the Philly special call was a mistake, or you can also say TCU was disciplined and defended it perfectly.

Stop making excuses about officiating and mistakes when TCU was the better team and made the big plays when they mattered. I know it’s tough to think the 2nd place Big 12 team is better than the Big 10 Champion, but those are the facts.
I don't think anyone said the targeting call cost the game but you still have to call it.

Reactions: BBptg5
There are pics all over Twitter of the receivers butt/leg being down on the half yard line on the TD.
If you watch the video, you see that even though the receiver first touched the ball before he was in the endzone, it was bobbled and the catch not secured until he was in the endzone. The fact is that both UM and OSU made mistakes and could have won had they played better. Another fact is that both UM and OSU had calls on the field that were overturned based on spurious video evidence at best. Another fact is that UM and OSU always have those same types of calls in their favor instead of against them when playing other B1G teams, so it makes me less sympathetic to their plight.

If you watch the video, you see that even though the receiver first touched the ball before he was in the endzone, it was bobbled and the catch not secured until he was in the endzone. The fact is that both UM and OSU made mistakes and could have won had they played better. Another fact is that both UM and OSU had calls on the field that were overturned based on spurious video evidence at best. Another fact is that UM and OSU always have those same types of calls in their favor instead of against them when playing other B1G teams, so it makes me less sympathetic to their plight.
Agree 100% with this!

Doesn't matter where his knee/butt were-the ball was clearly breaking the plane when that happened.

Reactions: Bishop1971
Michigan gave up 263 on the ground and was owned in the trenches on both sides, which was surprising. I realize few here want to give TCU credit, but they’re a pretty good team

This! Michigan's D line getting dominated was the biggest surprise of bowl season for me.

Funny how the Wolverine golden boy is ready to jump ship into the NFL. He gets an offer, he gone.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT