ADVERTISEMENT

Harris the likely nominee, who should be the VP choice?

Who should Harris peg as her running mate?

• Whitmer

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • Mayor Pete

Votes: 14 13.0%
  • Newsome

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • Mark Kelly

Votes: 21 19.4%
  • Josh Shapiro

Votes: 54 50.0%
  • Someone else I posted in comments

Votes: 10 9.3%

• Total voters
I think Mayor Pete or Newsome would wipe the floor with Vance in their debate but unfortunately both have some baggage. Whitmer is on deck for '28 so I think that knocks her out of contention. Mark Kelly or Shapiro would be fine choices.
Whitmer will have to wait longer now as Kamala will most likely not wanna be a one-term prez.

For the record this is a risky move and I'm concerned some corrupt joke of a Judge will allow some frivolous lawsuit to possibly impact ballot access in key states...
What about the Easter Bunny? Might as well. It’s been running things these last four years.
Joe Biden GIF by GIPHY News

• Haha
Reactions: HIWILLE and BDE420
Nope he's leading the country and trying to avoid a Fascist somehow becoming elected. I think he's fine. Country over self.
You saying “country over self” is almost as alarming as you using the word Fascist when you have zero idea what either thing/term means.

• Haha
Reactions: Tom Paris
I’m kinda curious how that would work in 4 years, given the unorthodox way this has gone down.
If Kamala wins I would be shocked if she wasn’t the candidate in 2028. I don’t think, from hearing her talk about, Whitmer OVERLY wants to be president. I think she would run if she felt she HAD to.

Needs to lock in a swing state so I think Shapiro. Lock that swing state in and see if it can spread across the upper Midwest lock down MI, WI, and MN.

Reactions: TheCainer
I think Mayor Pete or Newsome would wipe the floor with Vance in their debate but unfortunately both have some baggage. Whitmer is on deck for '28 so I think that knocks her out of contention. Mark Kelly or Shapiro would be fine choices.
Have you ever heard Newsome speak? He’s horrible, he gets super frustrated by slow pitch softball question by liberal CA local news media. Dude got elected in CA because dumb white liberal women think he’s handsome. Mayor Pete struggled to explain (again on a liberal news network) how he’s only gotten a handful of electric vehicle charging stations built with billions of tax payer funds. And how the demand for electric vehicles has only risen by 2% in his 3 and a half years as Secretary of Transportation. But him and Kamala certainly check multiple DEI boxes. So there’s that.

Have you ever heard Newsome speak? He’s horrible, he gets super frustrated by slow pitch softball question by liberal CA local news media. Dude got elected in CA because dumb white liberal women think he’s handsome. Mayor Pete struggled to explain (again on a liberal news network) how he’s only gotten a handful of electric vehicle charging stations built with billions of tax payer funds. And how the demand for electric vehicles has only risen by 2% in his 3 and a half years as Secretary of Transportation. But him and Kamala certainly check multiple DEI boxes. So there’s that.

I say what would happen if the boat sank from its weight and you’re in the boat and you have this tremendously powerful battery and the battery is now underwater and there’s a shark that’s approximately 10 yards over there. By the way, a lot of shark attacks lately. You notice that? A lot of shark. I watched some guys justifying it today. Well, they weren’t really that angry. They bit off the young ladies leg because of the fact that they were, they were not hungry, but they misunderstood what, who she was. These people are cray. He said there’s no problem with sharks they just didn’t really understand a young woman swimming. Now really got decimated and other people too. A lot of shark attacks. So I said, so there’s a shark 10 yards away from the boat. 10 yards over here. Do I get electrocuted if the boat is sinking, water goes over the battery, the boat is sinking. Do I stay on top of the boat and get electrocuted or do I jump over by the shark and not get electrocuted because, I will tell you, he didnt know the answer. He said, you know, nobody’s ever asked that question. I said, I think it’s a good question. I think there’s a lot of electric current coming through that water, but you know what I’d do if there was a shark or you get electrocuted? I’ll take electrocution every single time. I’m not getting near the shark.

Demand for EV in the US has risen by 2% since the end of 2020? Where did you pull that giant piece of bullshit from?

2020 US EV sales was ~300,000 units. 2023 US EV sales was -1,600,000 units. Your math sucks, but please show your work so we can all be enlightened.

Newsome defeated Little Ron DeSantis in a debate back when he was the darling of the Republican party

And Mayor Pete routinely goes on Fox News and is able to talk circles around whichever host he is on with.

Both would expose Vance for the Far-right clown he is.

Demand for EV in the US has risen by 2% since the end of 2020? Where did you pull that giant piece of bullshit from?

2020 US EV sales was ~300,000 units. 2023 US EV sales was -1,600,000 units. Your math sucks, but please show your work so we can all be enlightened.
From hisCBS News interview May 26th 2024. Yeah, he’d be a GREAT running mate. I think you guys should pick him.

For the record this is a risky move and I'm concerned some corrupt joke of a Judge will allow some frivolous lawsuit to possibly impact ballot access in key states...
Somebody you would like to be the next president once the party eventually forces Kamala out.

• Haha
Reactions: Tom Paris
If Kamala wins I would be shocked if she wasn’t the candidate in 2028. I don’t think, from hearing her talk about, Whitmer OVERLY wants to be president. I think she would run if she felt she HAD to.
Oh I'd be surprised as well, just wonder if there'll be any sort of legit primary campaign considering how this is unfolding now.

Especially considering how she crashed and burned back in '20.

Beshear or Pete would both be great. But let's be honest. It will be Pete.
As much as I would like to see Pete, he doesn't add anything to the ticket this year. BeShear meanwhile is a 2x elected Governor of a deep red state that may be able to appeal to non-Trump republicans, perhaps even put Ohio back in play (or at least make Trump work there a bit more).

Reactions: noleclone2
As much as I would like to see Pete, he doesn't add anything to the ticket this year. BeShear meanwhile is a 2x elected Governor of a deep red state that may be able to appeal to non-Trump republicans, perhaps even put Ohio back in play (or at least make Trump work there a bit more).
Not sure about the mechanics but won't he have to resign as Governor?

Pete’s the top of my wishlist but he doesn’t add anything to this ticket. They need to get someone from out of the administration. One of the rust belt governors should absolutely be the choice if they want it.

Exactly, I like Mayor Pete but we need some new faces. Beshear has won twice in a very red state. Pete has only won in South Bend.

Reactions: noleclone2
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT