ADVERTISEMENT

Harrison Butker

I don't think anyone has failed more miserably in a thread than you in this one. Seriously it's comedy at this point.
Who's canceling him? Just you and 216k of your idiot, anti free speech friends so far.

Omg, are you telling me that 0.05 percent signed thst? Truly canceled, you’re so right!!

Reactions: sober_teacher
Let’s see if he makes the upcoming trip to DC to visit the WH with the rest of the team. Karinne Jean Pierre was asked if he’s welcome and she did the classy thing that classy administrations do and said the entire team is welcome.

My wife got up at 4:30 today and took the kids on a walk along the ocean while watching the sunrise. Now they are at the seafood market then will walk home before it rains. After the rain has past, they will walk to the pool. I am sure she is very sad that she is a housewife.

Again, the only people that are mad about his comments are the ones that are not successful and need 2 incomes.

I mean it depends on when this all was. But for kids born in this millennium, there is a pretty decent chance the mom makes as much or more money than the dad. And as such, the Dad plays an equal role or even bigger role in the day to day wrangling of getting kids ready, kids to daycare/school, pickup, sports, dinner, getting to bed. Or divide and conquer. I would say about 1/2 of my friends and coworkers with kids born in last 25 years like mine are have this model. Several of them are almost Mr. Mom’s with the wives making serious bank as lawyers/doctors/ and executives in large companies making major bank. Heck, I even know 2 stay at home dads!!!

In 2024, the idea that a woman has to be the default one to sacrifice her career is hilariously antiquated. I would love my son to find a good woman who wants to have a career and balance raising kids with him. And bonus points if she has the brain and desire to be a MD or JD and bigger bread winner. From a numbers/investment strategy, it is smart approach too. You don’t know where life and job will take you both, so with two people in the game, the chances of success and a wealth building type career for at least one of you doubles with equal focus.
I think you missed the point of the speech. He didn't say that lifestyle was the only one a woman should want, He said he believes many will want to devote their lives to having a family and he urged them to embrace that dream and not to feel they missd anything if that is the life they choose.

But wait, I thought "no one is canceling him?" Now it's "well yeah only 1/4 million of my commie buddies, that's nothing". You just can't stop can you?!?
0.04 percent of Americans signed a petition.

I find it comical that you’re crying about that (alpha) when your side writes fugging laws to try to get rid of people they don’t like.

He didn't advise or suggest anything. He said he thought they would love being mothers and wives. Do you think that's false. Man shit like this is annoying. Discuss what he said not what the headlines say he said.
Yeah, those dumb nuns from the college need to stay in their lane and get back in the kitchen!

0.04 percent of Americans signed a petition.

I find it comical that you’re crying about that (alpha) when your side writes fugging laws to try to get rid of people they don’t like.
Look, clearly this topic hits close to home. We're sorry you feel so emasculated by a random kicker trying to make a point about the importance of motherhood. If your wife being the breadwinner worked for your family, great (though judging by your posts in this thread guessing it wasn't so great).

Look, clearly this topic hits close to home. We're sorry you feel so emasculated by a random kicker trying to make a point about the importance of motherhood. If your wife being the breadwinner worked for your family, great (though judging by your posts in this thread guessing it wasn't so great).
lol, this all started because your hero felt emasculated by all his teammates.

Actually Kelce is just a drunk so I expected that type of behavior from him. Buckner on the other hand shared some sage advice with a group of college graduates who gave him a standing ovation. Had he gave a 20 minute rant on how great it is for men to complete in women's sports or how great is it for a queer to read books to little kids I'm sure you would have given him a standing O.

I've consistently opposed biological men in women's sports, I'm a social conservative for the most part.

As far as drag queens, for the most part I find it silly but should be left up to the parents. The overtly sexualized instances should be investigated as to if you they are violating the law.

I'm not sure anyone is saying we should cancel him as in the Chiefs should cut him.

I do think that graduations shouldn't have overtly political speakers. And he's clearly an overtly political speaker.
i just find it funny to have a guy give a speech that tells about half of them that the thing they just accomplished/are about to start doing will ultimately not make them happy

it would be like someone getting up at the cheifs victory parade and talking about the pointlessness of caring about professional sports

i just find it funny to have a guy give a speech that tells about half of them that the thing they just accomplished/are about to start doing will ultimately not make them happy

it would be like someone getting up at the cheifs victory parade and talking about the pointlessness of caring about professional sports

It would be hilarious if he hit the game winning kick in the Super Bowl and a reporter told him ultimately how meaningless what he did was.

This is actually the only real thing I have with it. Seems like an odd time to bring it all up. But then again, the crowd seemed to love it. I just chalk it up to religious people being weird.

I’m having terrible time with this. Really going back and forth with his opinion. Finally came to a conclusion. Who gives a ****. It’s just a kickers opinion. It’s barely a football player.

Harrison, how do you feel about the fact that when women play high school and college football . . . they play at your position almost exclusively.

• Haha
Reactions: tumorboy
This is actually the only real thing I have with it. Seems like an odd time to bring it all up. But then again, the crowd seemed to love it. I just chalk it up to religious people being weird.

Some people were clearly fans of it but from the video it's hard to tell percentages. A few riled up people can make a lot of noise.

My wife got up at 4:30 today and took the kids on a walk along the ocean while watching the sunrise. Now they are at the seafood market then will walk home before it rains. After the rain has past, they will walk to the pool. I am sure she is very sad that she is a housewife.

Again, the only people that are mad about his comments are the ones that are not successful and need 2 incomes.
See, your second sentence is part of the problem. You say that if you need 2 incomes, it's because you aren't successful. That just isn't true. First of all, it's much more difficult for people to have a 1 income household for people just starting families now. Secondly, sometimes both parents want to work and there is nothing wrong with that.

Harrison, how do you feel about the fact that when women play high school and college football . . . they play at your position almost exclusively.
ashton kutcher burn GIF

My wife, who is a career woman, was very pissed about this. She hates him now.

I think, if he would have thrown men in the conversation of raising kids he wouldn't have looked so bad. The timing of it all (a commencement speech telling women to ignore their degrees and try to stay home?) is terrible.

My wife, who is a career woman, was very pissed about this. She hates him now.

I think, if he would have thrown men in the conversation of raising kids he wouldn't have looked so bad. The timing of it all (a commencement speech telling women to ignore their degrees and try to stay home?) is terrible.

That's what my thinking was. I wouldn't have gone on a right wing political rant, but I could see myself telling people both women and men that their greatest and longest lasting accomplishment will be their children.

Why so mad? You don't have a career that can support a wife and family on one income? Or don't have a husband that can support a you and family on one income?

And tell us why women shouldn't be entitled to equal respect.

My wife had a rewarding employment career she was proud of and produced generously to our retirement.

I guess the male chauvinist pig stigma still runs rampant in the dumbworld.

Edit: The NFL had to issue a statement that his views did not reflect.....

Last edited:
L O F'ing L

Can't believe someone would waste that much money on a Masters degree and decide to just give it all up. Something smells like BS. Women who go after Masters degrees don't have the roadmap of being a "homemaker". What did your wife get a degree in? Basket Weaving?
My SIL has a Masters. My DIL has a Masters. Both are also Moms.
Neither majored in Basket Weaving BTW.
I “only” have a Bachelors 🤨 but I stayed home with my kids until they were in school and then eased back with part time to full time as they got older. My kids are fine and so are my grandkids.

The kerfluffle over this speech is just representative of the extreme overreaction to so many things now. The guy is a pretty devout Catholic who agreed to speak at a private Catholic school and supposedly his speech was reviewed in advance by the school administrators and okayed. The controversial remarks made up about a minute or two of a twenty minute address. It’s his opinion and again he’s entitled to an opinion. Agree or disagree. Now we have petitions, George Takei (🙄) trashing him and a sports writer calling for a female PK?
OMG.

Shocking that a Marxist like you would have the nerve to tell someone else how to live or what to believe.

Ah, still with the childish Marxist shit. It seems you can't graduate from dumb school so it's a lost cause.

My SIL has a Masters. My DIL has a Masters. Both are also Moms.
Neither majored in Basket Weaving BTW.
I “only” have a Bachelors 🤨 but I stayed home with my kids until they were in school and then eased back with part time to full time as they got older. My kids are fine and so are my grandkids.

The kerfluffle over this speech is just representative of the extreme overreaction to so many things now. The guy is a pretty devout Catholic who agreed to speak at a private Catholic school and supposedly his speech was reviewed in advance by the school administrators and okayed. The controversial remarks made up about a minute or two of a twenty minute address. It’s his opinion and again he’s entitled to an opinion. Agree or disagree. Now we have petitions, George Takei (🙄) trashing him and a sports writer calling for a female PK?
OMG.
If you disagree with the vocal minority, you shall be cancelled!

I swear to god (is that still acceptable?) that we can't have more than two flavors of anything anymore.

Reactions: goldmom
what does "canceled" even mean now? just disagreement on social media and message boards?

if you're going to have scorching hot takes like butker, people are going to disagree with you and they're going to express that disagreement

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT