ADVERTISEMENT

Harvard researcher says Iowa, Alabama, two other states should 'lock down immediately'

Very correct. The fear mongering will not stop until early November.

This I am torn. Biden wins do they continue the fear so they can continue spending large sums of cash on Lib crony causes or do they pretend the fog has lifted and we can all come out now? The media will go along with whichever narrative they want to go with.

We need to spend a trillion on green energy because that will help fix COVID. Stupid stuff like that which would make no sense.

I don’t want to deal with this thread anymore. Glad there is an ignore feature!
If I ignore many of these Trump supporting COVID hoaxers maybe I can get back to enjoying this board sans politics...

Last edited by a moderator:
Dude, there was a bipartisan report that says the Russians did interfere. Get out of here with that "media bad, only Trump knows best" kind of BS.

Move on.....

Well you are making assumptions with that data in a totally biased way. Yes our overall death rate is up higher than the covid death tolls would account for. That does not in any way suggest we are under reporting Covid deaths. Is it possible? Sure. Is it also possible that we are over reporting Covid deaths and the total rise in death rate is accounted for by an increase in suicide, homicide, traffic deaths from an increase in alcoholism, and an increase in obesity from a sedentary lifestyle driven from lockdowns? Sure. Both are possible.

Suicide deaths are definitely up a little bit. Homicide numbers are so low that even a big increase barely would dent total death numbers (and we haven't had a big increase). Traffic deaths way down this year because of a lot less travel. Obesity? People die decades later from getting fat, not in a couple months.

Total deaths being way up this year is completely from covid deaths. That's it. There is no other explanation to fit the data. The fact people try to make it political and pretend it is some overblown hoax is just comical. Almost every other country in the world has taken it seriously except for a decent chunk of America.

I am a physician and our medical ICU has been 2/3 filled with covid patients on the ventilator for months. We have literally never had anything like it. We have 10x-20x the number of patients on a ventilator from it compared to a normal flu season and I have seen way more people under 40 die from it than I've probably seen the last 10 years combined from flu.

You don't want to get it if you are old, say 50+ or 65+.
You don't want to get it if you have other conditions (overweight, hypertension, diabetes, smoking, etc).
You don't want to get it if you live with anybody in the previous 2 groups.

(those 3 lines probably describe 80%+ of adults in this country)

If you are 25 and get it and live by yourself and can avoid seeing your parents for a couple weeks, probably no big deal. And even if you are older or have a few medical conditions you will still "probably" be OK. But there is also probably a 10-20% chance you will be the sickest you have ever been in your life.

Some of you are making good points. However, what if we never get a vaccine or if it is years before we do? What are we supposed to do until then? We need to find a way to live with the virus or we will all go crazy. You can't simply stay locked down waiting for something that may never come.......

As I told you you can feel plenty safe, along with everyone else getting their normal back, if you just shelter in place.

I agree so you can stop your complaining because you don't have "your normal" back.

Then maybe people need to start losing weight. It’s possible if you want it bad enough. But it does take work....

And it takes time, so losing weight isn't going to solve this problem in the next few months. What else have you got?

This I am torn. Biden wins do they continue the fear so they can continue spending large sums of cash on Lib crony causes or do they pretend the fog has lifted and we can all come out now? The media will go along with whichever narrative they want to go with.

We need to spend a trillion on green energy because that will help fix COVID. Stupid stuff like that which would make no sense.

I see where you're going with this, I bet they do something stupid and try to build a wall using tax payer money. I too hate presidents that misuse our money.

Reactions: not_mantiteo
And it takes time, so losing weight isn't going to solve this problem in the next few months. What else have you got?

Telling people that they should just lose weight and "get over it" is so insensitive to that person's situation. If someone lost their job from COVID and is on unemployment, has kids, whatever, I doubt the first thing on their minds everyday is "I need to workout so that a random internet poster thinks I'm not lazy".

Reactions: SB_SB
Exactly, but for some reason there are group of people, and maybe it's because they hate Trump so much? that refuse to really look at the data and the circumstances and take it for what it is. They just want to believe this has all been mismanaged and we are going to have a billion deaths if we go back to normal life.

There is no data on suicides in 2020. If their is please point me in that direction. Also if you actually look at the data prior to 2020. Suicide has been on the rise in America. Not sure the cause, but it is probably due to social media.

I'm 36 and married.

And I just don't understand your thought process. It's not my God damn problem if someone is overweight and more at risk of additional issues in this world.

Fix your shit and do what you need to do to survive. If you are overweight, make fewer trips to Burger King and hit the treadmill. If you have clogged arteries and high blood pressure, cut out the salt.

If you don't want to get shot by a police officer, maybe consider not fighting and shooting them with a taser. Take some f**king responsibility for yourself. It's on you.
Some people also should take a course on compassion. Looks like you would be fine if people around you in your life died because they are too fat, or out of shape, or diabetic...... You do realize that fat is not the end all be all here right? There are things that people have that they cannot help. One day if you get cancer or someone you love gets it you might understand. But keep living in that 2000 population rural Iowa zone in your head...........

Bodies piling up in the streets I tell you. I live in the DSM metro area. The largest metro area in Iowa by far. Hospitals nowhere near capacity. Life going about normally. When exactly does the fear mongering stop?

Bodies piling up in the streets I tell you. I live in the DSM metro area. The largest metro area in Iowa by far. Hospitals nowhere near capacity. Life going about normally. When exactly does the fear mongering stop?
I'm going to guess somewhere towards the end of the year. After the election.

Reactions: anon_89hvcc2uyzmki
Telling people that they should just lose weight and "get over it" is so insensitive to that person's situation. If someone lost their job from COVID and is on unemployment, has kids, whatever, I doubt the first thing on their minds everyday is "I need to workout so that a random internet poster thinks I'm not lazy".

That right there is the crux of the problem. Nobody should lose their employment over a virus that has a 99% recovery/success rate.

We have created all of these problems over a virus that wasn't even a problem to begin with.

Iowa is No. 1 -- as the new COVID-19 hotspot in the entire country. Way to go, Gov. Reynolds. Keep those kids in school. And, hell yes, play football, boys.

Or, you can read this and try to understand why 61 conferences are NOT playing college football and only SIX are. It's not exactly like the Big Ten is alone in this.

Here's the article: https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/me...esearchers-say/ss-BB18yRcr?li=BBnbcA0#image=5

Why did Nancy Pelosi just go to a closed hair salon (all closed due to covid restrictions in San Fran) to get her hair done and was not wearing a mask???????? There is video of said event taking place this last weekend.

That right there is the crux of the problem. Nobody should lose their employment over a virus that has a 99% recovery/success rate.

We have created all of these problems over a virus that wasn't even a problem to begin with.

Obviously a large portion of the population (republican and democrat) feels different. Some of you are trying to make this out as a political issues. If it's the democrats causing this then how did the democrats force a republican Iowa governor to shutdown bars. You're mad at the democrats for what the republicans are doing.

Why did Nancy Pelosi just go to a closed hair salon (all closed due to covid restrictions in San Fran) to get her hair done and was not wearing a mask???????? There is video of said event taking place this last weekend.

She went to get her hair done. Isn't that what you want, people getting back to normal. Whether she wears a mask has no impact, just like trump not wearing a mask.

Obviously a large portion of the population (republican and democrat) feels different. Some of you are trying to make this out as a political issues. If it's the democrats causing this then how did the democrats force a republican Iowa governor to shutdown bars. You're mad at the democrats for what the republicans are doing.

I'm mad at the whole freaking system. Trump carries blame in this. Fauci. Birx. Governors (R&D). It's a freaking virus that kills at the same clip as the seasonal flu. FACT. It's a joke we have done what we have done to the general public over this.

She went to get her hair done. Isn't that what you want, people getting back to normal. Whether she wears a mask has no impact, just like trump not wearing a mask.

Dear God man you aren't that hypocritical right? The salon is closed because of Pelosi in the first place because that activity is too dangerous because of COVID and Pelosi wants everybody wearing masks everywhere because of COVID, but not when Nanc is not on camera and she thinks no one is watching. Nanc goes to get her hair done and without a mask.

Reactions: unclesammy
I'm mad at the whole freaking system. Trump carries blame in this. Fauci. Birx. Governors (R&D). It's a freaking virus that kills at the same clip as the seasonal flu. FACT. It's a joke we have done what we have done to the general public over this.

Let's start with China when it comes to blame. They covered this shit up for weeks.

I am sure quite a number of those youngsters in the bars are Biden Bros. They aren't all Trumpsters.

If Trump wins it won't stop. They didn't want schools to reopen to in person because we might find out how much of a farce this all was for most people. I want all the maskers to keep wearing masks every day when out in the winter of 2021 / 2022 because COVID will be gone but the annual influenzas will be going around and those are lethal to susceptible people, and even more so to younger kids. If no one should die, they should never be out and about without a mask again.

Some people also should take a course on compassion. Looks like you would be fine if people around you in your life died because they are too fat, or out of shape, or diabetic.....

But keep living in that 2000 population rural Iowa zone in your head...........
I have compassion when compassion makes sense. The best way for me to explain how I feel:

If I had a family member with special circumstances i.e. has a health condition(s) that puts him or her at the highest possible risk of both contracting and suffering from Covid-19, I 100% would not expect other people to change their lifestyle. It would be the responsibility of my family member to understand how to protect himself/herself.

You can still go outside and to the store if you're at the highest risk - live your life while protecting yourself. Whatever makes you comfortable.

My daily life involves living and working amongst 100,000+ people - I can't relate to a "rural Iowa" mindset...never had it.

Reactions: LarryMullenJr.
Why does it matter who's in the bars. I thought you wanted everything opened up. It only matters that a republican shut it down.

I need to draw this out. You have people saying one thing and doing another when they think no one is watching. Why do they do that? Is it just because this is a political issue they want to use to try to gain power? Why is Nanc out getting her hair done at a closed salon (that she is basically keeping closed) and she doesn't wear a mask either when she says exactly the opposite when she knows the cameras are rolling? She got her saline filled thingies caught in the cookie jar.

I have compassion when compassion makes sense. The best way for me to explain how I feel:

If I had a family member with special circumstances i.e. has a health condition(s) that puts him or her at the highest possible risk of both contracting and suffering from Covid-19, I 100% would not expect other people to change their lifestyle. It would be the responsibility of my family member to understand how to protect himself/herself.

You can still go outside and to the store if you're at the highest risk - live your life while protecting yourself. Whatever makes you comfortable.

My daily life involves living and working amongst 100,000+ people - I can't relate to a "rural Iowa" mindset...never had it.

And that's what people are doing, protecting themselves. But you truly don't like it because it's impacting your normal. When are you going to accept that.

I need to draw this out. You have people saying one thing and doing another when they think no one is watching. Why do they do that? Is it just because this is a political issue they want to use to try to gain power? Why is Nanc out getting her hair done at a closed salon (that she is basically keeping closed) and she doesn't wear a mask either when she says exactly the opposite when she knows the cameras are rolling? She got her saline filled thingies caught in the cookie jar.

Where do you think trump and his family are getting their hair and paint done at? Everyone in congress is getting special treatment. Are you just realizing it now?

If it's the democrats causing this then how did the democrats force a republican Iowa governor to shutdown bars.
Because they fell victim to the overwhelming pressure and fear mongering the media has fed everyone. The media takes a story and amplifies it to extraordinary heights with the hope their target audience bows down and buys in. It's a nice, little form of brainwashing.

And that's what people are doing, protecting themselves. But you truly don't like it because it's impacting your normal. When are you going to accept that.
But here's the thing - it doesn't NEED to impact my normal. It needs to impact other people's normal.

Where do you think trump and his family are getting their hair and paint done at? Everyone in congress is getting special treatment. Are you just realizing it now?

JFC dude you are dense. Trump is doing what he says. Pelosi says and does one thing when cameras are on and then goes trotting in to a closed salon without a mask to get her hair done.

Funny when a democrat gets caught, its always well everyone does it or he or she does things worse than me.

Not everyone agrees with you about covid being like the flu. You're fighting a losing battle on this one. You're just banging your head against the wall, over and over. The majority of the population feels differently than you and so you have zero control over it. There's nothing you can do at this point but bitch and moan. If you don't want out, you might end up with high blood pressure and be included in the high risk group.

You are going to keep wearing a mask here on out right? In year 2024 you will wear a mask to protect others, right? Flu kills people. Whether you think you get the flu or not you do and you can spread it to others. I trust you all will follow this new principle where no one can die of a virus.

JFC dude you are dense. Trump is doing what he says. Pelosi says and does one thing when cameras are on and then goes trotting in to a closed salon without a mask to get her hair done.

Funny when a democrat gets caught, its always well everyone does it or he or she does things worse than me.

I've got bigger things to worry about than how someone gets their hair done. Take a break, you're losing it.

You are going to keep wearing a mask here on out right? In year 2024 you will wear a mask to protect others, right? Flu kills people. Whether you think you get the flu or not you do and you can spread it to others. I trust you all will follow this new principle where no one can die of a virus.

I'm wearing a mask because of Covid-19. If the medical community feels everyone should wear a mask because of the flu, then I probably will. Again, you're losing it, take a break.

Not everyone agrees with you about covid being like the flu. You're fighting a losing battle on this one. You're just banging your head against the wall, over and over. The majority of the population feels differently than you and so you have zero control over it. There's nothing you can do at this point but bitch and moan. If you don't want out, you might end up with high blood pressure and be included in the high risk group.

In my circle (personal and professional) every single person agrees with me. I think the overwhelming majority of the population agrees with me. This is why it so hard for the "SHUT IT DOWN" crowd to effectively win with their message. It's not working and they know it.

Pretty much people are out there living since about May and KNOW that covid is no riskier than any other daily event you could encounter. FACT

Reactions: Legs94
Because they fell victim to the overwhelming pressure and fear mongering the media has fed everyone. The media takes a story and amplifies it to extraordinary heights with the hope their target audience bows down and buys in. It's a nice, little form of brainwashing.

So republicans are weak? That sucks when your leaders are weak and clueless.

Reactions: Thunderlips71
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT