ADVERTISEMENT

Has anyone flown Frontier out of CR?

ICWestfan

HB Legend
May 26, 2005
I'm curious if anyone here has flown this airline. A thread in the Lounge talked about Hayden Fry flying Allegiant and the reason he would do that (direct flight). Frontier just resumed flights out of CR and I'm curious if it would work on a trip to Vegas even though you have to fly to Denver first.

Anyone flown frontier since restructuring? They are a train wreck. If you show. Up inside of 40 mins before your flight and don't have your boarding pass already, you won't get on the plane. 15 of us in Austin watched our plane leave (with 25 people aboard). Most of us rebooked on other airlines. Won't ever fly them again. They used to strive to be Southwest, but they've become Spirit.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by Hawkeyemc:
Anyone flown frontier since restructuring? They are a train wreck. If you show. Up inside of 40 mins before your flight and don't have your boarding pass already, you won't get on the plane. 15 of us in Austin watched our plane leave (with 25 people aboard). Most of us rebooked on other airlines. Won't ever fly them again. They used to strive to be Southwest, but they've become Spirit.
Do they have their own Security line or something? You have to have your boarding pass to go through Security so not sure how this would be on the airline. Never flown them so i have no clue if they have their own line. Just curious as to how the individual airline is responsible for you all not getting through security? If they left early or closed their doors early, i see what you are saying. I have heard of shitty Spirit leaving early so i guess it is possible.

Fly them all the time from CR to Denver. I have never had any issues. Relatives in Denver fly Frontier all the time to Vegas, so you shouldn't have any issues.

Flown from Las Vegas back to CR through Denver. They did have DirecTV on the Vegas to Denver flight but it cost (like everything). They are a mirror of Allegiant in my opinion. The Greyhound Bus of the sky. 7/10. Would fly again.

Originally posted by Rawl:

Originally posted by Hawkeyemc:
Do they have their own Security line or something?  You have to have your boarding pass to go through Security so not sure how this would be on the airline.  Never flown them so i have no clue if they have their own line. Just curious as to how the individual airline is responsible for you all not getting through security?  If they left early or closed their doors early, i see what you are saying.  I have heard of shitty Spirit leaving early so i guess it is possible. 

I checked in online from my phone, but they don't have electronic boarding passes, so I still needed to check in at airport to print boarding pass. Got to airport (no checked luggage) 45 mins before flight and went to kiosk to print boarding pass. Kiosk said see agent. Agent said "you aren't going to make your flight so stand over here to be rebooked" to 15 of us. There was no security line and Austin is tiny airport. This happened to folks on my team flying from MN and from Denver as well. Door was closed on the plane 20 mins before departure time.

Go ahead and fly them but you better be really early. People who live in airports and know how to minimize time in airports will find them impossible to travel on.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT