ADVERTISEMENT

best (and worst) US airlines

Anymore I fly Southwest about 90% of the time. No real issues except they don’t have business class but I just pay the extra $30 to get an A1-A15 spot.

I used to fly American almost exclusively and racked up points quickly. Everyone likes Delta but I haven’t flown them much.
Just upgraded last Sunday for $50 each, not $30. Free for four upgrades a year with the $149 a year credit card.

Not only that. Charging 15-20 dollars for wifi is highway robbery. On delta it's free. The plane for AA are old. Some for long flights don't even have entertainment systems.
I live in Charlotte (American hub from the old US Air days), so it’s American for me most of the time. Overseas, though, unless we can go American direct, it’s usually Delta for the better experience.

Reactions: ericram
The study’s 9582 participants ranked North American airlines from poor to perfect on a six-point scale. The study used seven “core dimensions” to determine where the flights ranked. Those dimensions are as follows:

• Airline Staff
  • Digital Tools
  • Ease of Travel
  • Level of Trust
  • On-Board Experience
  • Pre/Post-Flight Experience
  • Value For Price Paid
Overall, the two flight attributes that proved to be the most important to passengers were level of trust and ease of travel. While passengers would still appreciate some value, simply having a convenient, trouble-free flight takes top priority.

Negative press could clearly sway public opinion, too. The study found that on a 1000-point scale, airlines that had negative media coverage in the past year scored a whopping 400 points lower than those that did not.

The study was separated by flight class, with sections for economy, premium economy, and business/first class; this helps ensure people get the best idea possible about the quality of their particular flight. If you’re eager to discover what folk’s favorite flights are, check out the results listed below.

The Best Airlines For Economy and Basic Economy Flights​

Economy and basic economy may not be the most luxurious, but they’re arguably the most important—after all, nearly 80 percent of travelers use this class when flying. Southwest Airlines leads this group with 685 points, followed by Delta Air Lines with 651 points. Frontier Airlines, scoring 472, is at the bottom rung.

JbnvX6X.jpg
Delta. And everyone else is not even close

Yes, A-1-15, plus $75 discount from first flight booked each year.

Nearly all my flights are work related so I don’t care either way. I just charge it to the company card and will use the miles every once in a while for myself.

Same with enterprise and hotels.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT