ADVERTISEMENT

hawkeye nation message board ??

iowahaha1

All-Conference
Apr 15, 2015
What happened to that message board? I haven't been there for years but I thought I'd travel over that way just to take a look. It's a far cry from when I last visited years ago. Just not much going on.

What happened to that message board? I haven't been there for years but I thought I'd travel over that way just to take a look. It's a far cry from when I last visited years ago. Just not much going on.
A ton of people left when one of the principals went full political in 2020. It's been a relative ghost town ever since.

Yeah, new ownership a few years ago, Jon Miller left iirc, they had to get regular posters to be mods and one of them was a real jerk. I left a few years ago for those reasons as well as so many others leaving and many of those still there were way out there.

Which is why it is thriving.

the-joke-superman.gif

It's trash. Fryowa or whatever his name is thinks his shit doesn't stink and bans people he doesn't like/agree with.

I got banned a few years ago for saying I was glad ISM rolled his ankle on that stupid flip and that I hoped he'd learn a lesson from it.

This board is much better and allows differing viewpoints.

Yes Rob Howe and a poster turned moderator killed it. Howe turned it political and anyone who disagreed with him was booted.
Yep these are the reasons I left as well. I lurk on occasion, but there's little to read over there anymore. It's a total ghost town. Just a few of the regulars left, and the moderator you mentioned who pretty much does nothing but call people mouth-breathing morons.

That site used to be a lot of fun back in the day, but times change.

Wasn’t this site called Hawkeye Nation when Miller had it?
Maybe I'm getting mixed up with something, but I thought it was the other site that Miller ran. I've followed both for the better part of 20 years. Please correct me if I'm wrong. It's been a long time. Did he run both sites at one time or another?

Last edited:
Miller didn't like opposing opinions and would go nuclear on dissenters. 8-9 years ago or longer when some of KF's ways were becoming more noticeably not positive on the offensive side of the ball, Howe became over-the-top defensive of KF, especially when challenged on some of his softball interviews/articles.

Miller left and things got worse. Several posters (one especially) had multiple alts and would gang up on posters asking honest questions/making honest posts. One guy especially would use his alts to make it seem like 5 people that the posters were scumbags when it was all coming from one person.

I don't think Howe went political but was pretty strong about COVID (or something like that) and that unleashed things and a bunch of posters got banned leading to many people leaving.

Next was Fryowa being put in as moderator. He is/was about the biggest troll on the message board and if you don't agree with him, he doesn't ban but he harasses and deletes posts, especially those calling him out. Fryowa can be witty with some good posts, but something is really off.

There are some games where there are just a few posts on game threads and occasionally not a game thread at all. Kind of sad, but hey things come to an end. Racer, Ree4 (something like that), and others were really good posters and just got tired of Fry.

Reactions: iowahaha1
Miller didn't like opposing opinions and would go nuclear on dissenters. 8-9 years ago or longer when some of KF's ways were becoming more noticeably not positive on the offensive side of the ball, Howe became over-the-top defensive of KF, especially when challenged on some of his softball interviews/articles.

Miller left and things got worse. Several posters (one especially) had multiple alts and would gang up on posters asking honest questions/making honest posts. One guy especially would use his alts to make it seem like 5 people that the posters were scumbags when it was all coming from one person.

I don't think Howe went political but was pretty strong about COVID (or something like that) and that unleashed things and a bunch of posters got banned leading to many people leaving.

Next was Fryowa being put in as moderator. He is/was about the biggest troll on the message board and if you don't agree with him, he doesn't ban but he harasses and deletes posts, especially those calling him out. Fryowa can be witty with some good posts, but something is really off.

There are some games where there are just a few posts on game threads and occasionally not a game thread at all. Kind of sad, but hey things come to an end. Racer, Ree4 (something like that), and others were really good posters and just got tired of Fry.
Short memory. He went all in and screamed it at anybody who didn't agree.

Maybe I'm getting mixed up with something, but I thought it was the other site that Miller ran. I've followed both for the better part of 20 years. Please correct me if I'm wrong. It's been a long time. Did he run both sites at one time or another?
I think Miller has run almost every Hawkeye board there is. He is a real vagabond.

Reactions: TampaHawkfan
Howe was pretty quick to judgement when it came to Doyle and the racial questions too. He was far from fair and balanced on his "reporting". His lone attempt at being a journalist failed miserably. I am surprised he is still allowed into the football facility.
Yeah all Howe did was try to dig up trash and garbage on the program and those involved. He is a class A pissant.

My memory is this place was Hawkeye Nation with Miller, and when Miller left he took the name with him starting a new Hawkeye Nation (I never cruised over there so no idea what it was like).

So, this place then became Hawkeye Report. I want to say this all went down something like 10-12 years ago...

Next was Fryowa being put in as moderator. He is/was about the biggest troll on the message board and if you don't agree with him, he doesn't ban but he harasses and deletes posts, especially those calling him out.

False. He banned me for saying I was glad ISM rolled his ankle on that flip into the end zone. He's a loser with a boner for authority.

Reactions: Underscore2
Howe lost everybody during the "diversity" issue but it was poorly run before that issue. However, the DJK article and his constant wok attitude about iowa diversity was what had people extremely pissed. The owner of Hawkeyenation had the djk article removed and basically demoted Howe. Same reason why Harty is not respected. Two bloggers trying to be journalist. Add Miller, that's 3 heads on the Mt. Rushmore of Iowa Media dipshits. Who's the 4th? Maybe Morehouse. Oh, it's funny how they all rushed to judgement on the Iowa diversity issues and they are all white old men in the Iowa media room. Hypocritical

Not a fan of Howe. I appreciate true objective watchdog/investigative journalism but he really went for straws and it backfired on him immensely. He's part of the problem with journalism today in my opinion. I won't read or acknowledge anything with his name on it as a result. If it's true, absolutely needs to be brought out into the open. However, having an extremely obvious agenda, in the name of social justice no less, while not doing any research, and sensationalizing for views is beyond abhorrent to me. Especially when it's my program in the limelight. Better get it right when reporting such a hot button issue, especially at that specific time.

My memory is this place was Hawkeye Nation with Miller, and when Miller left he took the name with him starting a new Hawkeye Nation (I never cruised over there so no idea what it was like).

So, this place then became Hawkeye Report. I want to say this all went down something like 10-12 years ago...

That is what I remembered.

Ok, you're probably right. I'm likely just forgetting Miller leaving and taking the name with him, this site being renamed, etc.

I just know I signed up for HN 2002'ish, and HN was typically what I was on. I was on this site for a long time also after it was Hawkeye Report - so it's all kind of starting to run together.

I think it would have been much longer ago than that.

I first read this board in 2003-04ish but never joined. I don't remember the name, just remember it as rivals. I joined the Scout board in 2006-07, and Miller was running it as HawkeyeNation at that time. When 247Sports bought Scout (2016-17?), I believe that is when Miller set up HawkeyeNation as a standalone platform.

It's trash. Fryowa or whatever his name is thinks his shit doesn't stink and bans people he doesn't like/agree with.

I got banned a few years ago for saying I was glad ISM rolled his ankle on that stupid flip and that I hoped he'd learn a lesson from it.

This board is much better and allows differing viewpoints.
Ah yes, Fryiowa, he was a half-tool and banned me, my only ban, for forgetting a new posting rule on the football forum. What a jerk sometimes, other times he would be a decent poster. I sure hope he isnt one of the trolls on this site.

Not a fan of Howe. I appreciate true objective watchdog/investigative journalism but he really went for straws and it backfired on him immensely. He's part of the problem with journalism today in my opinion. I won't read or acknowledge anything with his name on it as a result. If it's true, absolutely needs to be brought out into the open. However, having an extremely obvious agenda, in the name of social justice no less, while not doing any research, and sensationalizing for views is beyond abhorrent to me. Especially when it's my program in the limelight. Better get it right when reporting such a hot button issue, especially at that specific time.
However and Miller were in a race to see who "done Blackie wrong" to the bigger extreme, then went to OT on who was more remorseful. It was beyond disgusting.

Reactions: blubberhawk
Ah yes, Fryiowa, he was a half-tool and banned me, my only ban, for forgetting a new posting rule on the football forum. What a jerk sometimes, other times he would be a decent poster. I sure hope he isnt one of the trolls on this site.

He has an account here. He's a little weiner boy.

Reactions: uihawk82
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT