ADVERTISEMENT

Hawkeyes are 4-0

hawk_it

HR All-State
Jul 22, 2004
So much to talk about! Here are a Few thoughts on the first 4 games which featured 3 pressing teams with really good guards.

What worked for Iowa:

1 Team work on the defense is paying off. Moving feet and close outs under control are impressive.
2 Bench play has been extremely good: CM, RK, Baer Cage, MD, RT
3 CM brings some toughness, BB IQ and keeps the opposing teams PG busy defending him.
4 FT attempts and makes are huge. Attack, Attack, Attack!
5 JB & CM playing together at the end of games will be huge for handles and FT shooting.
6 TC5 can handle bringing the ball up if needed.

What to look forward too:

1 I think JB, IM, & JW have not really got it going yet offensively. When all 3 start hitting their shots the middle wil open even more.

Prediction:
Non Con 11-1 (loss to ISU)
Conf 11-9 (Going Through Each Game, I could see the Range being 8-12 all the way up to 13-7)
BTT 1-1
Overall 23-11
NCAA 7 Seed

That woul be awesome but I still have concerns.

I’m thinking 10-2, 9-11, BTT 0-1, overall 19-13

I have to say, I never expected this. I actually expected "more of the same" meaning weak defense, strange substitutions, lack of strategy at the end of games, and probably a very volatile head coach who would be spending more time shouting at officials than coaching his team.

So, on one hand, I'm here for my crow. But I'm also quite happy to be served it... I don't want to get too excited about things just yet, but this team appears to have a lot more of a focus this year.

Oh, and I also owe Connor some love. I never thought he would even REMOTELY be a difference-maker for the Hawks. I really don't like the twitter stuff from Patrick about this topic, and I saw Connor was getting into it as well, but I suppose it is hard to hear negative stuff from your own "fans" (and to be clear, I've never tweeted at any of them, but I have expressed some negative sentiment here).

I have to say, I never expected this. I actually expected "more of the same" meaning weak defense, strange substitutions, lack of strategy at the end of games, and probably a very volatile head coach who would be spending more time shouting at officials than coaching his team.

So, on one hand, I'm here for my crow. But I'm also quite happy to be served it... I don't want to get too excited about things just yet, but this team appears to have a lot more of a focus this year.

Oh, and I also owe Connor some love. I never thought he would even REMOTELY be a difference-maker for the Hawks. I really don't like the twitter stuff from Patrick about this topic, and I saw Connor was getting into it as well, but I suppose it is hard to hear negative stuff from your own "fans" (and to be clear, I've never tweeted at any of them, but I have expressed some negative sentiment here).

Yes, 2 games does not a season make. Excellent work so far by Iowa. I can't imagine tweeting at high school or college players. Team just needs to keep it up now.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT