ADVERTISEMENT

Hawkeyes at U20/23's

jrod65

HR All-American
Jan 21, 2019
Doing this at work, so may have missed some, but here's who I see listed for the Hawks:

U20's

Gabe Arnold 79kgs
Ben Keuter 125kgs
Bradley Hill 125kgs

U23's

Joey Cruz 57
Jesse Ybarra 61
Drake Ayala 61
Jace Rhodes 65
Caleb Rathjen 70
Isaiah Fenton 74
Drake Rhodes 74
Patrick Kennedy 79
Sebastian Robles 79
Zach Glazier 92

Recruits U20s
Leo Deluca 57
Leister Bowling 77kgs greco
Otto Black best of 3 finals 63kgs greco

Last edited:
Do we make anything of Drake at 61?

I don't know what his plan is for the season, but...

A reminder that a top three finish at OTTs for age-eligible wrestlers automatically gives them the spot on U23 World team. So Blaze could take 57, Mesenbrink could take 74, and I believe Trumble is young enough for 97 without having to compete in the team trials.

It's possible Drake is moving up, or perhaps he just wants the chance to make the U23 team....

Been said on this board that Drake would like to go up to 133. Maybe he’s testing the water here to see how he does. Or he’s fully committed to it already.
I don't know what his plan is for the season, but...

A reminder that a top three finish at OTTs for age-eligible wrestlers automatically gives them the spot on U23 World team. So Blaze could take 57, Mesenbrink could take 74, and I believe Trumble is young enough for 97 without having to compete in the team trials.

It's possible Drake is moving up, or perhaps he just wants the chance to make the U23 team....
He just never seems to be "stronger" than his opponents so a bump up is not without concern...but he's lightning quick, so maybe he can use that to his advantage with his gas tank. There are some real monsters at 133 though.

Interesting for sure.

Doing this at work, so may have missed some, but here's who I see listed for the Hawks:

U20's

Gabe Arnold 79kgs
Ben Keuter 125kgs
Bradley Hill 125kgs

U23's

Joey Cruz 57
Jesse Ybarra 61
Drake Ayala 61
Jace Rhodes 65
Caleb Rathjen 70
Isaiah Fenton 74
Drake Rhodes 74
Patrick Kennedy 79
Sebastian Robles 79
Zach Glazier 92

Recruits U20s
Leo Deluca 57
Ben Kueter wrestling during football season is what I like to see. I wish we got to see Ryder tho.

Ben Kueter wrestling during football season is what I like to see. I wish we got to see Ryder tho.
Why no Ryder? According to edquinn if we were “paying attention”, Ryder is healthy, wrestling live, and planning on going 141?

Reactions: el dub

U20's

Gabe Arnold 79kgs
Ben Keuter 125kgs
Bradley Hill 125kgs

U23's

Joey Cruz 57
Jesse Ybarra 61
Drake Ayala 61
Jace Rhodes 65
Caleb Rathjen 70
Isaiah Fenton 74
Drake Rhodes 74
Patrick Kennedy 79
Sebastian Robles 79
Zach Glazier 92

Recruits U20s
Leo Deluca 57
Love to see Iowa continue to disprove the “Iowa doesn’t let their guys wrestle freestyle” narrative.

You should know how it works on this forum. Posters just speculate or go by what they think they hear and most of the time what they make up.
Whatever you say man. Look I’ve been on this board long enough to know what posters are plugged in which is probably only 5. This guy said wrestling live, weighing 150, and planning on going 141. This is the type of info Cat wanted and in my mind is encouraging that he’s getting healthier, weight is ok, and going a weight that we desperately need.

And people like you say they are going away and never do. If you hate it here so much follow through. You might be the most borish sob I’ve ever had the pleasure of reading. All you do is critique what others say. Spend more time fishing and less time being an asshole.
Can’t take criticism or the truth can you. You’re the definition of thin skin ****. I will go now and sure would like to take you fishing with me.

• Haha
Whatever you say man. Look I’ve been on this board long enough to know what posters are plugged in which is probably only 5. This guy said wrestling live, weighing 150, and planning on going 141. This is the type of info Cat wanted and in my mind is encouraging that he’s getting healthier, weight is ok, and going a weight that we desperately need.

Last I heard he started drilling in April but everybody likes what they are seeing. Would love to see him out there wrestling but he's less than a year out from surgery so I wouldn't love it too much.

I’m sure you know you can be wrestling live but not competition ready. I have no clue where he is in his recovery off of knee surgery.
Edquinn no big deal, I just didn’t like the “pay attention” comment.
Too me and my coaching background, when a wrestler is released for live wrestling he is good to go. I have some kids who are banged up and we do a controlled live drilling or matches, usually with a coach so it can be trusted, but when I hear a kid is going live I just wondered why he wasn’t in U23’s like the rest of Iowas kids that’s all.
You have to admit the talk around Ryder has been nonexistent so when someone says he is going live, most people would like some proof, that’s all.

Otto with the pin to make the world team!
Dudes a killer in Greco. Hope his folk is good enough to crack the lineup at some point. I think he’d be like Brice Andonian (sp).Always wanted a him for the Hawks. Nothing scarier than wrestling a guy that could throw you to your head in a moments notice. Fun exciting style, Greco mixed with folk.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT