ADVERTISEMENT

US Open U17 &U20s thread

Hill down after first. Tom and Bobby coaching Hill and Mark Perry coaching Carroll. Carroll seems huge. Carroll tech falls hill. Still great showing by Hill

Reactions: The-Dude-Abides
Hill down after first. Tom and Bobby coaching Hill and Mark Perry coaching Carroll. Carroll seems huge. Carroll tech falls hill. Still great showing by Hill
That was a significant size difference. Hill was in on some good looks but Carroll just out heavied him.

Reactions: MVPFAN
Is Hill great in Freestyle, but not good in folk? I’m being lazy and not looking it up, but seems like he didn’t have good folk style season this year. Maybe I’m not remembering.

Is Hill great in Freestyle, but not good in folk? I’m being lazy and not looking it up, but seems like he didn’t have good folk style season this year. Maybe I’m not remembering.
He probably is better in freestyle. However he was undersized at 285 last year while transitioning from highschool 220.

Reactions: Aleric1
If they lost challenge I don't understand why gabe didn't get a point

Pretty sure he did. Would have to go back to the video but I believe they awarded a point there. But my memory sucks.

Gabe had really good tournament. Soldier Salute could be must see at 174 if NB hangs around another year. Im sure he spoke awhile back about starting right away and was looking forward to wrestling Star.

What do you mean “if”?

Similar to Fargo last year in that the bracket wasn’t real strong. He’s making strides, though. Still needs to gain a lot of weight.

Pretty sure he did. Would have to go back to the video but I believe they awarded a point there. But my memory sucks.

What do you mean “if”?

Similar to Fargo last year in that the bracket wasn’t real strong. He’s making strides, though. Still needs to gain a lot of weight.
It was 1-1. The step out occurred, Rocco challenged. One point for the step out should have made it 2-1, losing the challenge should have made it 3-1, unless I am missing something.

Reactions: IAChief32
It was 1-1. The step out occurred, Rocco challenged. One point for the step out should have made it 2-1, losing the challenge should have made it 3-1, unless I am missing something.
The only logic I could put on this is that the call was 2-2 and a challenge was made by red. It was determined it was scored incorrectly and that red should not have gotten the passivity point. So challenge succeeds but hurts themselves by taking it back to 2-1. However, I don’t think challenges work that way.

Has Petersen signed his LOI? I found it odd that the HWC/Iowa Social media was shouting out Gabe and Kueter but didn't mention Petersen at all, figured maybe he hasn't signed his letter and they couldn't officially comment on him or something.

Reactions: el dub
Has Petersen signed his LOI? I found it odd that the HWC/Iowa Social media was shouting out Gabe and Kueter but didn't mention Petersen at all, figured maybe he hasn't signed his letter and they couldn't officially comment on him or something.
Good question. Haven’t seen an official press release from the university.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT