ADVERTISEMENT

Hawks sign best recruiting class ever

Todd Conner

HR MVP
Dec 23, 2004

It is great to be an Iowa Wrestling fan.

Go Hawks!

It is great to be a Wrestling fan! FIFY

Doesn't matter who you root for it is a great time to be a wrestling fan. That said the Hawks are looking good going forward.

It is great to be an Iowa Wrestling fan.

Go Hawks!
The comparison to Stephen Neal is flattering …….. to Neal. Keuter is a waaaay more accomplished high school athlete. Neal placed 4th his senior year of high school. He didn’t even win his section. He was a fairly average high school football player as well. (189 lber), Keuter is on a whole other level.

Last edited:
Reactions: honkey69
The comparison to Stephen Neal is flattering …….. to Neal. Keuter is a waaaay more accomplished high school athlete. Neal placed 4th his senior year of high school. He didn’t even win his section. He was a fairly average football player as well. (189 lber), Keuter is on a whole other level.
And that’s the rub, imo. I’ll be even more amazed at BK’s abilities if he’s able to actually participate in wrestling during his college career.

A possible scenario, imo, might include expectations of him wrestling a limited schedule in the second semester only. And hopefully contributing substantially in post season.

Last edited:
Reactions: natchrlman
I hope Ben focuses on wrestling. Truly elite, and better wrestler (IMO) by far than football player. And he’s a damn good football player, too!

Someone should mention the following to Ben Kueter.

For those who don't know....Carlton Haselrig was a stud wrestler in the late 1980s, winning 3 NCAA D1 titles (and 3 NCAA DII titles!). I checked his wikipedia and confirmed that he didn't play football in college (Pittsburgh-Johnstown didn't have football). However, the Steelers drafted him for offensive guard and by year 3 he made the Pro Bowl.

Kueter, concentrate on wrestling in college - there will be plenty of time for football after college!

Awesome class and as a Hawkeye fan you have to be pumped!
We have the most Passionate and knowledgeable coaches and Fanbase in the world.
We have one of the best wrestlers in the world going for his 4th title, not to mention he will be a mentor to all these recruits while going for his many world and Olympic titles.
We have the best wrestling facility in the world being built as we speak.
We have a current roster of Hammers that are ranked #2 in the country and ready to make a statement.
We have some of our I repeat our favorite wrestlers from our team competing on our international RTC team the HWC, this will continue to get better and better with our guys.
Now We have This amazing recruiting class coming in, this class is without a doubt one of the best ever.

To Say that this Hawkeye fan is excited is an understatement, Let’s Go Hawks!!!

And “this is gonna be GREAT”

Last edited:
We have one of the best wrestlers in the world going for his 4th title, not to mention he will be a mentor to all these recruits while going for his many world and Olympic titles.
We have a current roster of Hammers that are ranked #2 in the country and ready to make a statement.
We have some of our I repeat our favorite wrestlers from our team competing on our international RTC team the HWC, and that will continue to get better and better with our guys.
Now We have This amazing recruiting class coming in, and This class is without a doubt one of the best ever.

This is fun to read!! The bar is set high for the future!

Reactions: Grip220
Someone should mention the following to Ben Kueter.

For those who don't know....Carlton Haselrig was a stud wrestler in the late 1980s, winning 3 NCAA D1 titles (and 3 NCAA DII titles!). I checked his wikipedia and confirmed that he didn't play football in college (Pittsburgh-Johnstown didn't have football). However, the Steelers drafted him for offensive guard and by year 3 he made the Pro Bowl.

Kueter, concentrate on wrestling in college - there will be plenty of time for football after college!
Going way back
Our neighbor and my Dads friend Bob Konovsky was 3 time Big T champ and 2 nd at Nats two years. Played Football and did a little pro Rasslin
Great person and encouraged usn kids
Later his son Billy lost to King Mueller for IL state title

We have some of our I repeat our favorite wrestlers from our team competing on our international RTC team the HWC, and that will continue to get better and better with our guys.
Now We have This amazing recruiting class coming in, and This class is without a doubt one of the best ever.

That’s a good list. It should also include the fact that the HWC is in the process of being endowed — a critical step in the progression of our RTC and, by extension, our college program.

Now more than ever, under new NIL rules, Hawk fans can make a direct impact on the success of the U of I wrestling program by donating to the HWC endowment. The connection used to be more indirect; now, improved funding of the HWC has an immediate impact on the success of the Iowa program. This is a tremendous opportunity for the biggest and best fan base in wrestling to have a huge impact.

We’ve always operated according to the rules, and the rules now allow for this. Great time to get on board. Any questions — just email Chad Beatty at chad@hawkeyewrestlingclub.com. Preaching to to the choir here, I know, but it never hurts to get the word out. Might make for good Thanksgiving dinner conversation with your rich uncle, if nothing else.😉

Last edited:
Going way back
Our neighbor and my Dads friend Bob Konovsky was 3 time Big T champ and 2 nd at Nats two years. Played Football and did a little pro Rasslin
Great person and encouraged usn kids
Later his son Billy lost to King Mueller for IL state title
Loved watching King wrestle for the Hawks. Biggest biceps in the nation, IMO, barely beating out fellow Hawk Scott Trizzino. King had injury problems and seemed to always have a full leg wrap — and he was usually behind Scott in the lineup IIRC — but dude was explosive and extremely good for a guy who didn’t see the lineup all that much. Would have been a multiple AA at any other program.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT