ADVERTISEMENT

Hawks to compete in U20 WTT and U23 Nationals

Todd Conner

HR MVP
Dec 23, 2004

It is great to be an Iowa Wrestling fan.

Go Hawks!

It is great to be an Iowa Wrestling fan.

Go Hawks!
I agree with your Caleb take. He was a multi sport athlete in high school. Generally we see big jumps from those guys when they concentrate on one sport. He has a win over Paniro Johnson. Imo he’s a dark horse to make waves this year.

congrats on the U23 title!

U23 Top Seeds. Two Hawks, Two Cowboys, 3 from ACC 57-Cooper Flynn 61-Cullen Schriever 65-Cole Matthews Band 70-Caleb Rathjen 74-Vinny Zerban 79-Dustin Plott 86-Dylan Fishback 92-Luke Surber 97-Sam Mitchell 125-Wyatt Hendrickson

Reactions: jrod65
Not necessarily Hawkeye related but my nephew just strolled to the championship of the U23 GR 77kg. 9-0; 10-0; 9-0; 8-0; 10-0; 8-0. Nice little run . . .
Tell Me More Chris Hemsworth GIF by NETFLIX

Reactions: pink shizzle
Unimpressive start by Block losing 7-1 to Jordan Williams. Williams is good but no offense generated by Block and Williams caught Block standing straight up a couple times to easily get in deep.

Reactions: edquinn06
Pretty lackluster performance from the u20s so far.

Lots of hype about Peterson and Block but those were bad results. Hill going down as the 2seed.

Reactions: MVPFAN
Pretty lackluster performance from the u20s so far.

Lots of hype about Peterson and Block but those were bad results. Hill going down as the 2seed.
I'm not impressed so far. We have the same technique and scramble deficiencies in free as we do in folk. It's boring wrestling. I'm going to hope for the best but I'm out on the Brands unless I see some drastic improvement in a number of areas. PSU running circles around them and access to all the best clubs for recruiting.

Singleton up 6-1 on Arnold in match 1. Singleton is a big boy.
They’re old friends. coach phil has videos of them training together on his instagram going back a long time. singleton had a great game plan there. gabe needs to adjust.

Reactions: MVPFAN
i think gabe could be successful right away, but could really benefit from a redshirt to develop his offense. spend a year volume attacking at opens. don’t be afraid to take “bad” losses. if he develops his offense, he could be a title contender at 174 his rsfr year.

Arnold wins 2-2. 3 shot clock points and a step out. They put Arnold on the clock twice which was a joke, he took a shot in the second period and was doing almost all the pushing before they clocked him. Rubber match coming up.
He almost got hosed getting out on the clock twice.

good adjustments but he’s gotta find a way to score now. can’t rely on shot clock points.

better guy clearly won. i’m the long run, not necessarily a bad thing for gabe.

time to develop that offense. there’s no pressure to win for a year now. all development now.

Reactions: TarpHawk
Singleton wins match 3 by a point. Racked up a 5-0 lead in the first on a push out, TD and a gut. Arnold with 4 push outs. Big strong tall wrestler over big strong short wrestler.

Under 20s was really bad overall. Rhodes had 1 win. Petersen was 0-3 after making the open final and actually making Bouzakis work a little. He must have spent some time in the Iowa room preparing and regressed. Block 0-2, Jesuroga 1-2, Riggins and Hill 2-2 and Arnold comes up short. He and Kasak the only 2 guys with a bye to the best of 3 to lose

Last edited:
Reyna managed to poop his pants with 17 seconds left to lose to #24 seed in R16. Rathjen won his R16, faces the guy who beat Reyna.

When push comes to shove, some guys have fight, some guys just don't. Let's go Rathjen.

Schriever also won and faces #8 in QF.

Am I the only guy watching?

Reyna managed to poop his pants with 17 seconds left to lose to #24 seed in R16. Rathjen won his R16, faces the guy who beat Reyna.

When push comes to shove, some guys have fight, some guys just don't. Let's go Rathjen.

I just logged in.

Reactions: TarpHawk

I've had enough Iowa sports today after watching the baseball team.

Reactions: FUMBLE-ROOSKY
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT