ADVERTISEMENT

Hawks (with DeSanto and Perry) vs Oklahoma State? Who ya got?

Oh why not
25 Lee fall Picc 6-0
33 Fix dec AD 6-3 (hypo)
41 Kaid dec Turk 6-6
49 Lugo dec whoever they wrestle Boo/G 9-6
57 Kemerer MD Geo 13-6
65 Bull dec Joe Smith 16-6
74 Rodgers dec Young 16-9
84 Cash dec Smith 19-9
97 Warner dec Weigel 22-9
285 Stoll dec White 25-9

Not sure if makes sense to have another 41, seems like that's one weight we have covered. I expect improvements from all 3 of the guys we have, especially CH, he's got it in him, I think (and hope) he surprises us this year.

Reactions: funnyfletcher
Not sure if makes sense to have another 41, seems like that's one weight we have covered. I expect improvements from all 3 of the guys we have, especially CH, he's got it in him, I think (and hope) he surprises us this year.

Yeah, unless 141 is a Battle Royalle or tag-team format, I think the last thing we need is another pretty good 141lber

Oh why not
25 Lee fall Picc 6-0
33 Fix dec AD 6-3 (hypo)
41 Kaid dec Turk 6-6
57 Kemerer MD Geo 13-6
84 Cash dec Smith 19-9
285 Stoll dec White 25-9
I am hearing that Gfeller might find his way into that lineup.

An OK State fan at NCAA's in Cleveland made the comment to me that Geo was no longer with the team. Not sure how connected that fan is or the validity of that statement though, as I haven't seen anything on that from any wrestling media sources or OSU posters. He is also still listed on the Okie State roster.

Oh why not
25 Lee fall Picc 6-0
33 Fix dec AD 6-3 (hypo)
41 Kaid dec Turk 6-6
57 Kemerer MD Geo 13-6
84 Cash dec Smith 19-9
285 Stoll dec White 25-9

I don't want to sound like a jerk, but you're aggressively optimistic on Warner. A healthy Weigel has to be the favorite at this point. Before he got hurt (again) at the end of the season, Weigel was the #4 197 in the country. Yes, Warner beat the #8 197, Milkus, but the last time we saw Warner, he lost three straight at Midlands - pinned in SV1 by Cash Wilke (NCAA round-of-twelve), losing 9-6 to Purdue's Brunner (who went 1-2 at NCAAs), and losing 4-2 to Princeton's Brucki (who also went 1-2 at NCAAs).

I'm not saying Warner won't be great, but someone "expecting" him to be great - next year - and so great that he WILL beat Weigel is wearing very rose-tinted glasses. COULD Warner beat Weigel? Of course. As he showed against Milkus, he can go with those top 197s. But to expect him to do so based on what we've seen thus far is unjustified.

I expect Warner to have hit the weight-room and have learned a lot during his redshirt year. And I expect him to challenge for a spot on the podium 11 months from now, but I can't see putting him above Weigel at this point.

(Huge caveat: We don't know if Weigel will be healthy. He was literally hopping around on one leg v. Kyle Conel. But if he's healthy, a odds-maker would have to make him the favorite at this point.)

I don’t agree that 141 is covered. But who knows? Murin might be the pick of the litter and be fine.

An OK State fan at NCAA's in Cleveland made the comment to me that Geo was no longer with the team. Not sure how connected that fan is or the validity of that statement though, as I haven't seen anything on that from any wrestling media sources or OSU posters. He is also still listed on the Okie State roster.

I thought I remember an Ok State fan mentioning Weigel not being back next year because of his injury. I hope he is back. They’ll have a solid lineup. Gfeller at 149 and Boo at 157 would be my guess right now.

Last edited:
I don't want to sound like a jerk, but you're aggressively optimistic on Warner. A healthy Weigel has to be the favorite at this point. Before he got hurt (again) at the end of the season, Weigel was the #4 197 in the country. Yes, Warner beat the #8 197, Milkus, but the last time we saw Warner, he lost three straight at Midlands - pinned in SV1 by Cash Wilke (NCAA round-of-twelve), losing 9-6 to Purdue's Brunner (who went 1-2 at NCAAs), and losing 4-2 to Princeton's Brucki (who also went 1-2 at NCAAs).

I'm not saying Warner won't be great, but someone "expecting" him to be great - next year - and so great that he WILL beat Weigel is wearing very rose-tinted glasses. COULD Warner beat Weigel? Of course. As he showed against Milkus, he can go with those top 197s. But to expect him to do so based on what we've seen thus far is unjustified.

I expect Warner to have hit the weight-room and have learned a lot during his redshirt year. And I expect him to challenge for a spot on the podium 11 months from now, but I can't see putting him above Weigel at this point.

(Huge caveat: We don't know if Weigel will be healthy. He was literally hopping around on one leg v. Kyle Conel. But if he's healthy, a odds-maker would have to make him the favorite at this point.)
I expect Warner to be great next year.

NOT saying you don't have an argument and that you didn't make some decent points. That being said. Warner didn't just beat some very good Wrestlers. He piss pounded them!!!

NOT going to make any excuses, but he did slow down as the year went on. I am guessing there may have been a little something wrong(sick, slightly injured) that was keeping him from Wrestling like he could.

Would love to see or hear that he is pounding out Reps in the weight room with Stoll and Young!!! I believe Horsepower will be the only thing keeping him from getting to the Top of the Podium!!!

NOT saying you don't have an argument and that you didn't make some decent points. That being said. Warner didn't just beat some very good Wrestlers. He piss pounded them!!!

NOT going to make any excuses, but he did slow down as the year went on. I am guessing there may have been a little something wrong(sick, slightly injured) that was keeping him from Wrestling like he could.

Would love to see or hear that he is pounding out Reps in the weight room with Stoll and Young!!! I believe Horsepower will be the only thing keeping him from getting to the Top of the Podium!!!

Name one "very good wrestler" Warner "piss pounded" other than Milkus? Yes, Warner beat Milkus 16-7 at the Lindenwood Open. But he only beat one other NCAA qualifier, beating West Virginia's Jacob Smith 3-1 at Midlands (Smith also went 1-2 at the NCAAs and was unseeded at the tournament), while losing to three NCAA qualifiers at Midlands. So Warner was 2-3 vs. NCAA qualifiers. I really like Warner, but y'all need to chill - and maybe wait for him to start beating NCAA qualifiers before saying he's going to be an NCAA champion next year.

Reactions: WiscoWrastler
Name one "very good wrestler" Warner "piss pounded" other than Milkus? Yes, Warner beat Milkus 16-7 at the Lindenwood Open. But he only beat one other NCAA qualifier, beating West Virginia's Jacob Smith 3-1 at Midlands (Smith also went 1-2 at the NCAAs and was unseeded at the tournament), while losing to three NCAA qualifiers at Midlands. So Warner was 2-3 vs. NCAA qualifiers. I really like Warner, but y'all need to chill - and maybe wait for him to start beating NCAA qualifiers before saying he's going to be an NCAA champion next year.

He was 15-4 with 5 majors, 3 pins, and 2 techs. 10 out of 15 matches he scored bonus! Three of his 4 loses were at Midlands. Like I said, I don't think he was at his best for whatever reason.

I believe if he was Wrestling to his fullest potential at Midlands the results would be a lot different! Add in the need strength and he his my pick to win it. As wasdt21 said above. would you like to bet? Pick your pony!!!!

He was 15-4 with 5 majors, 3 pins, and 2 techs. 10 out of 15 matches he scored bonus! Three of his 4 loses were at Midlands. Like I said, I don't think he was at his best for whatever reason.

I believe if he was Wrestling to his fullest potential at Midlands the results would be a lot different! Add in the need strength and he his my pick to win it. As wasdt21 said above. would you like to bet? Pick your pony!!!!

So, have you answered my question? I.e. "Name one 'very good wrestler' Warner 'piss pounded' other than Milkus?" No, you didn't name one.

Yes, he had 15 wins, but beating some kid from Coe College (one of the 15) and beating a healthy Preston Weigel are two very different things. All but two of his wins were to guys who didn't make the tournament, so it's almost pointless in mentioning them when arguing about how he'll do against "very good wrestlers" next season.

So, have you answered my question? I.e. "Name one 'very good wrestler' Warner 'piss pounded' other than Milkus?" No, you didn't name one.

Yes, he had 15 wins, but beating some kid from Coe College (one of the 15) and beating a healthy Preston Weigel are two very different things. All but two of his wins were to guys who didn't make the tournament, so it's almost pointless in mentioning them when arguing about how he'll do against "very good wrestlers" next season.
Then take a damn bet or shut your annoying trap!

i'm sure young mr warner believes he is going to win it all, could happen, i'm saying top 5 and higher placement than weigel, $100 hwc or wfl your pick. you are intitled to your opinion just do not tell me what my opinion is.

Reactions: tigerguy_
Then take a damn bet or shut your annoying trap!

I know it's really annoying to point out that a wrestler who had a losing record vs. NCAA qualifiers is an underdog against one of the top, say, three returning 197s. I have no idea what the bet is. I already said that Weigel, if healthy, is the favorite if and when he faces Warner next year. Do you want to put money on that? Sure, no problem. Hopefully I lose the bet and Warner goes undefeated next year, but sorry if I too don't have my head in the clouds.

I know it's really annoying to point out that a wrestler who had a losing record vs. NCAA qualifiers is an underdog against one of the top, say, three returning 197s. I have no idea what the bet is. I already said that Weigel, if healthy, is the favorite if and when he faces Warner next year. Do you want to put money on that? Sure, no problem. Hopefully I lose the bet and Warner goes undefeated next year, but sorry if I too don't have my head in the clouds.
Yes I will put money on that. If they meet next year I put a $500 wager to the HWC that Warner wins. For simplicity and in case they meet multiple times lets say the first matchup.

Too help all the above, if they wrestle does this mean they're both healthy?
Or will the loser come back and say his man wasn't quite 100%.

Eliminate the "if they Wrestle part." I pick Warner to place higher then your guy!

I doubt Oklahoma State really knows what they’re going to do next season from 125-174 so it’s kind of hard to guage the dual. Haven’t heard or seen anything that says Martinez is gone either. There’s plenty of well informed posters on their board so I’d think someone would’ve reported on it. As far as the poster who said someone else was being very optimistic in regards to Warner I’ll have to respectfully disagree and since I’m not an Iowa fan I think that’s about as unbiased as it can get. Warner was a blue chip recruit and a junior world team member coming in to college he has a win over AA Miklus as well as some Pretty good wins at the Midlands where he made the semis before losing out. It wouldn’t shock me if he was in the title conversation next season

We don't say Y'all. Your just a moran and you don't understand the Warnerov. See ya.

You might want to learn how to judge wrestling talent. Looking at Warner's credentials, his wrestling style/approach, his mentality and other intangibles --- it's very reasonable to project that even in his first year as a starter, he will most likely be in the national title conversation.

Sure, no problem.
Yes I will put money on that. If they meet next year I put a $500 wager to the HWC that Warner wins. For simplicity and in case they meet multiple times lets say the first matchup.

Weigel 5 - 3 Warner

Not that I'm happy about it, but wasn't wrong that people should pump the breaks a bit on Warner. rcamp67 - you can pay or not pay, it's up to you.

Reactions: liex26
images

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT