ADVERTISEMENT

Thee ILLEST grades

IRONBIRD

HR MVP
Dec 2, 2010
125 Ayala # 5 vs UR 95 total beat down of a kid who didn't wanna wrestle. Maybe get after it a little quicker is about only thing I could say if I wanted to really nit-pick

133 Schriever UR vs #30 85 Not sure what he was doing first 2 periods? But he started going in third and got the major

141 Teske??? UR vsUR give the 83% No points 1st, TUFF ride in 2nd, TD late to seal it wrestling up a weight

149 Rathjen 11 vs 8 75 wrestled a tough match but could not generate any offense. Can he make 141 next year?

157 Franek #2 vs UR 95 did what he should do, kept pressure on a guy who just was trying to survive and got Tech

165 CANDY Caliendo #6 vs #24 100 WOW did he look good! Dominate 1st, looked good in every position!!!

174 Kennedy #9 vs 3 100 Well HOT DAMN!!! Best I have seen him look. constant pressure broke ruth!!!

184 Riggins UR vs 29 NO GRADE but an extra large A for the effort

197 Glazier # 14 vs UR give him the B/A for the best impersonation of Bo BAssett I have seen!!

Heavy HILL #28 vs UR 95 Looking better and better also. Broke kid Got the stick! If he can put on some muscle he could be a force!

NOTES- Illy is an odd place to me, something about it I just do not get? A lot of past tradition yet wrestling in what looked like a HS gym. Also a lot of talent in and around the state, I don't know just would expect a better team. Not sure who the head coach is? But he dresses funny!

Thought the Ref was good

TnT and company deserve a lot of credit for what they have done this year under some pretty tough
circumstances!!!

Last edited:
125 Ayala # 5 vs UR 95 total beat down of a kid who didn't wanna wrestle. Maybe get after it a little quicker is about only thing I could say if I wanted to really nit-pick

133 Schriever UR vs #30 85 Not sure what he was doing first 2 periods? But he started going in third and got the major

141 Teske??? UR vsUR give the 83% No points 1st, TUFF ride in 2nd, TD late to seal it wrestling up a weight

149 Rathjen 11 vs 8 75 wrestled a tough match but could not generate any offense. Can he make 141 next year?

157 Franek #2 vs UR 95 did what he should do, kept pressure on a guy who just was trying to survive and got Tech

165 CANDY Caliendo #6 vs #24 100 WOW did he look good! Dominate 1st, looked good in every position!!!

174 Kennedy #9 vs 3 100 Well HOT DAMN!!! Best I have seen him look. constant pressure broke ruth!!!

184 Riggins UR vs 29 NO GRADE but an extra large A for effort

197 Glazier # 14 vs UR give him the BA for the best impersonation of Bo Bassett I have seen!!

Heavy HILL #28 vs UR 95 Looking better and better also. Broke kid Got the stick! If he can put on some muscle he could be a force!

NOTES- Illy is an odd place to me, something about it I just do not get? A lot of past tradition yet wrestling in what looked like a HS gym. Also a lot of talent in and around the state, I don't know just would expect a better team. Not sure who the head coach is? But he dresses funny!

Thought the Ref was good

TnT and company deserve a lot of credit for what they have done this year under some pretty tough
circumstances!!!
I'm a little impressed with what they have put together after the gambling suspensions. Starting to look like the number two team.
More impressive is how they have gelled as a team and many wrestlers seem to be stepping up to the challenge.
I want to be more impressed. Let's see what happens moving forward.
Big thread on the PSU board about how TNT have turned the shit sandwich into a formidable team.

184 Riggins UR vs 29 NO GRADE but an extra large A for effort

197 Glazier # 14 vs UR give him the BA for the best impersonation of Bo Bassett I have seen!!

Thought the Ref was good

circumstances!!!
Is it just me or is Glazier looking like 197-pound version of ADS. My man is a TD machnine these days! Loved watching tonight though a tad boring at 33-49, I totally get Teske to a degree since he was underweight, but the other two need to take shots in every period. Our 49er, whoever we go with, has a chance to AA if he takes some shots. That handfight and defend until the end regulation or SV plan has not worked in the past and I don't think will work this year either. The rest of the weights (84 doesn't count) our men really got on their offense...so nice to see! Two notes: 1) this is the version of Franek that can get to the finals and give Levi a match (great offense and brutal defense); and 2) based on what I saw during tOSU vs Mich dual, Gomez owns 49. Don't see anyone including Lovett having anything for Gomez. And if SVN were healthy I think he would fall as well. Gomez was playing with his food tonight...

Is it just me or is Glazier looking like 197-pound version of ADS. My man is a TD machnine these days! Loved watching tonight though a tad boring at 33-49, I totally get Teske to a degree since he was underweight, but the other two need to take shots in every period. Our 49er, whoever we go with, has a chance to AA if he takes some shots. That handfight and defend until the end regulation or SV plan has not worked in the past and I don't think will work this year either. The rest of the weights (84 doesn't count) our men really got on their offense...so nice to see! Two notes: 1) this is the version of Franek that can get to the finals and give Levi a match (great offense and brutal defense); and 2) based on what I saw during tOSU vs Mich dual, Gomez owns 49. Don't see anyone including Lovett having anything for Gomez. And if SVN were healthy I think he would fall as well. Gomez was playing with his food tonight...
My first impression of Teske at 141 was is he sucking too much at 33? I don't know his weight history.
He looked just as good if not better at 41.
Glazier and PK. 😍😍

My first impression of Teske at 141 was is he sucking too much at 33? I don't know his weight history.
He looked just as good if not better at 41.
Glazier and PK. 😍😍
I don't think Teske is cutting too much at 133, he was a 125 before and yes he was sucking too much weight at 125. He was wrestling a not particularly good freshman at 141 so he should look ok.

I'm a little impressed with what they have put together after the gambling suspensions. Starting to look like the number two team.
More impressive is how they have gelled as a team and many wrestlers seem to be stepping up to the challenge.
I want to be more impressed. Let's see what happens moving forward.
Big thread on the PSU board about how TNT have turned the shit sandwich into a formidable team.
Honestly more elements are fun to watch with the changing of the guard. No secret that “we” weren’t generally fans of Brands’ style. Tony was always Tony. Abe, well I won’t even go there. I must say that even if Franek is ranked higher Siebrecht would “look” better in this lineup.

I know BTN gave it to Caliendo, but Kennedy was my wrestler of the match. Got the TD and absolutely wore down a very good wrestler in Ruth. Relentless ride until the buzzer that last period, over the #3 ranked guy. His most impressive win yet.
Ruth did nothing, he did not want to engage with PK. I haven’t watched Ruth much but that was a horrible showing if he is really #3. PK didn’t give him any room to breath the entire match.

184 Riggins UR vs 29 NO GRADE but an extra large A for the effort

197 Glazier # 14 vs UR give him the B/A for the best impersonation of Bo BAssett I have seen!!

Thought the Ref was good

circumstances!!!
They have a very young team and it is composed of almost exclusively Illinois high school kids. The biggest problem is the best kids seem to leave the state. Maybe with the new facilities coming they can get some better recruits, but U of I(Illinois) does not have a lot of charm and it is not considered a destination or dream school for kids in Illinois. There just isn't anywhere near the loyalty or connection that places like Iowa or Michigan or OSU have in their states.
They also suffered for a long time from having a coach who was not very dynamic and did not attract recruits. We are hoping Poeta can turn that around, but time will tell.

Not going to go weigh by weight, but overall:
1) far lesser opponent (still a Big Ten team)
2) few guys wrestling up weights
3) missing our #1 guy

So all in all a 92 overall as a team. They looked like a Hawkeye Wrestling team. Aggressive and went after them. Johnson kept saying that he thought Iowa was going slow at first then would turn it on late. I guess he hasn't wrestled for a while, there's a feeling out of the opponent time. I have to give a shout out to my boy Zack. I've watched Ruth a half dozen times this year. PK did exactly what Ruth does to opponents back to him. PK is the real deal. Great win and some aggressive wrestling.

I know BTN gave it to Caliendo, but Kennedy was my wrestler of the match. Got the TD and absolutely wore down a very good wrestler in Ruth. Relentless ride until the buzzer that last period, over the #3 ranked guy. His most impressive win yet.
Kennedy may have a better shot to AA than Caliendo only due to how tough 165 is.

Honestly more elements are fun to watch with the changing of the guard. No secret that “we” weren’t generally fans of Brands’ style. Tony was always Tony. Abe, well I won’t even go there. I must say that even if Franek is ranked higher Siebrecht would “look” better in this lineup.
Of coarse Colby would look better in our lineup than Franek to a PSU fan! 🤡🤡

PK is solid - sometime a guy like that can make someone look mortal. Credit to PK.
Exactly this. Instead of saying, "Ruth looked like dog water." He should be saying, "Ruth looked like dog water because of PK."

I haven't been his biggest supporter and I'm still skeptical, but he looked really ****ing good last night.

PK took Ruth's best shot and survived, Ruth took PK's and didn't. Nuff' said.

PK spent most of his highschool career wrestling up in weight vs bigger guys so he should be pretty good with it.

Does the mascot controversy hold back Illinois sports? Or at least the enthusiasm for them? I feel like it probably makes game day less special when the middle of the football field is an outline of the shape of the state.

Those 3 might be the best 3 we have had in a long time in that 165/174 range. I really like all 3. Ideally one of the needs to add some muscle to get to 184 problem is none of them are probably tall enough.

Reactions: blcoach80
Those 3 might be the best 3 we have had in a long time in that 165/174 range. I really like all 3. Ideally one of the needs to add some muscle to get to 184 problem is none of them are probably tall enough.
I don't know. Kem and the Bull were pretty special. They just had bad things happen at NCAAs. The bull with 4 B10s is pretty impressive and Kem was no slouch.

I would take 2020 Young, Bull, and Kem 83% of the time.
Young would go from really good to really frustrating overnight. When he finished 5th his first time at NCAAs I thought we had a top 3 for at least a couple years, but he just never found his offense against the top tier guys...never seemed willing to take the shots despite the fact that I always thought he was better than most of the guys he lost to.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT