ADVERTISEMENT

HBO streaming service

belezabro

HR Legend
Jan 14, 2003
HBO has linked with Apple for the start of its much-anticipated Internet streaming service, uniting two premium brands from the media and technology worlds in a quest to reinvent the way people watch television.

Called "HBO Now," the service does not require a traditional TV subscription and will be available exclusively on Apple devices when it makes its debut in early April, the companies announced on Monday during an Apple product event at the Yerba Buena Center in San Francisco.

NY Times

382.gif

To be honest though, since cutting the cable cord, even the $14.99/month fee has me skeptical on whether I will subscribe.

Originally posted by belezabro:
To be honest though, since cutting the cable cord, even the $14.99/month fee has me skeptical on whether I will subscribe.
Only way I'm doing it is if they crack down on HBOGo being used on multiple (many) devices.

Originally posted by belezabro:
That's normally the going price for HBO when you do have a cable subscription. I pay that fee now with DirecTV. Not sure if I would pay that price or not. I like HBO and think they are the best of the bunch when it comes to movie channels. I don't really watch HBO now, and don't access my HBO2GO very often either. My wife does watch it quite a bit though.

This sounds pretty cool actually. HBO is the only movie channel I really care about having because of GoT and their boxing.

It said you would access to all of their content past and present. It just sounds like the better deal. Plus I'm a total apple whore. It would actually be very useful. I probably already use HBO2GO more than I watch the regular HBO.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT