ADVERTISEMENT

Here’s Why the Science Is Clear That Masks Work

I think masks have been proven to work based on all the medical providers who did not get sick while wearing a masking taking care of covid patients.

Mask mandates are dumb considering mask effectiveness relies on compliance wearing the mask.

Anyone wearing a mask in 2023 is not following the science and probably crazy.

I think masks have been proven to work based on all the medical providers who did not get sick while wearing a masking taking care of covid patients.

Mask mandates are dumb considering mask effectiveness relies on compliance wearing the mask.

I donned my N95 last month when going out shopping, because I had possible Covid symptoms.

Uncomfortable? Yeah
A big deal to prevent passing it along to someone else? Nope

Now, THAT is the appropriate time to wear one. Good on ya.
Not even sure I had it; just got weird mucous membrane soreness inside of my mouth, almost like canker sores but not that bad & not just one spot. Apparently that's a symptom that hits 20% of those with Covid.

Didn't have any cough or congestion or anything along with it. Took a few weeks to wear off. Had my bivalent boost in mid November.

• Haha
Reactions: LafesterMacintosh
Says the person who replies to those he disagrees with by name calling. Take your own advice.
Have some self awareness…

Really, who in the hell are you? If you want to believe the right wing BS, feel free, and because of your stance on vaccinations and mask wearing, more republicans have died than democrats, and it isn't even close. Thank trump and his suckers and losers for that.

What if that person has Covid?

For the love of Pete, Ken, if you love them so much, then put one on. It's a free country. Heck, shower with it on for all we care.

I'm still seeing this anomaly from time to time...masked up, outdoors essentially on an island of unnecessary.

why-the-mask-.org_.jpg
Those are people like Kenneth, Joe and BG.
They are afraid of catching Covid from deer and dogs outside. Follow the science?

• Haha
Reactions: LafesterMacintosh
I'm seriously starting to doubt you have any STEM degree....just because the last one happened 100 years ago in no means that's the interval they happen. Anyone with a BASIC understanding of logic, much less science, would understand this.

So what exactly does this say about you if this is your understanding of such things?
Here’s the thing, because I actually believe in science and believe in technological advancement, one would think we could avoid another pandemic for 100 years because science works… I mean if we have another society ending level pandemic right away what’s that say for the scientific community? They suck?

We managed to go 50 years between life ending pandemics but as our science has improved now we can expect a new life ender every few years???

Now who doesn’t trust the science????

Last edited:
I donned my N95 last month when going out shopping, because I had possible Covid symptoms.

Uncomfortable? Yeah
How selfish of you to go out in public with possible symptoms of the deadliest virus known to current mankind… shame on you. You were supposed to lockdown and quarantine and follow the science. Hypocrite.

Last edited:
Here’s the thing, because I actually believe in science and believe in technological advancement, one would think we could avoid another pandemic for 100 years because science works… I mean if we have another society ending level pandemic right away what’s that say for the scientific community?

We managed to go 50 years between life ending pandemics but as our science has improved now we can expect a new life ender every few years???

Holy shit.....so you think we can "prevent" pandemics and not "react" to them after the fact? Fvcking MAGA logic folks

Reactions: Menace Sockeyes
If all of a sudden viruses are moving faster than the speed of science… then either nature is untouchable or… mankind is giving it a boost.

That’s the point here, I’m as pro-science as it goes, but if we’re not better at it than we were 100 years ago or 50 years ago, then why are we supposed to “trust the experts”

Last edited:
Here’s the thing, because I actually believe in science and believe in technological advancement, one would think we could avoid another pandemic for 100 years because science works… I mean if we have another society ending level pandemic right away what’s that say for the scientific community? They suck?

This is just dumb. The people that liked it? Dumber.

Holy shit.....so you think we can "prevent" pandemics and not "react" to them after the fact? Fvcking MAGA logic folks
So we’re not better or smarter than we were 100 years ago? As the science improves and as we apply it to things like washing hands and sanitation, vaccinations, shouldn’t we be extending times between pandemics? Otherwise bring back the witch doctors and magic elixirs because it’s obvious science is failing.

If all of a sudden viruses are moving faster than the speed of science… then either nature is untouchable or… mankind is giving it a boost.

Maybe, don't get you science from Facebook

Yep, it must be binary if it doesn't hit exactly every x number of years OR it has to be bio-weapons, definitely could not be 4.6 BILLION years of evolution in action. This guy supposedly got a degree from Georgia Tech......I'm seriously starting to question this.

Idiocracy is happening right in front of our faces in real time folks. Pandemics are like earthquakes, hurricanes, tornados, etc. You could have one hit 20 years in a a row and then nothing for 10,000 years

Statistics Say Large Pandemics Are More Likely Than We Thought

The COVID-19 pandemic may be the deadliest viral outbreak the world has seen in more than a century. But statistically, such extreme events aren’t as rare as we may think, asserts a new analysis of novel disease outbreaks over the past 400 years.

The study, appearing in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences the week of Aug. 23, used a newly assembled record of past outbreaks to estimate the intensity of those events and the yearly probability of them recurring.

It found the probability of a pandemic with similar impact to COVID-19 is about 2% in any year, meaning that someone born in the year 2000 would have about a 38% chance of experiencing one by now. And that probability is only growing, which the authors say highlights the need to adjust perceptions of pandemic risks and expectations for preparedness.
“The most important takeaway is that large pandemics like COVID-19 and the Spanish flu are relatively likely,” said William Pan, Ph.D., associate professor of global environmental health at Duke and one of the paper’s co-authors.

Understanding that pandemics aren’t so rare should raise the priority of efforts to prevent and control them in the future, he said.

The study, led by Marco Marani, Ph.D., of the University of Padua in Italy, used new statistical methods to measure the scale and frequency of disease outbreaks for which there was no immediate medical intervention over the past four centuries. Their analysis, which covered a murderer’s row of pathogens including plague, smallpox, cholera, typhus and novel influenza viruses, found considerable variability in the rate at which pandemics have occurred in the past. But they also identified patterns that allowed them to describe the probabilities of similar-scale events happening again.

In the case of the deadliest pandemic in modern history – the Spanish flu, which killed more than 30 million people between 1918 and 1920 -- the probability of a pandemic of similar magnitude occurring ranged from 0.3% to 1.9% per year over the time period studied. Taken another way, those figures mean it is statistically likely that a pandemic of such extreme scale would occur within the next 400 years

Last edited:
Reactions: Ree4

Uncomfortable? Yeah
Way to go Joe! If you were here right now I’d give you a healthy pat on the back. After washing my hands in gasoline and while wearing a respirator of course…

Maybe, don't get you science from Facebook

Yep, it must be binary if it doesn't hit exactly every x number of years OR it has to be bio-weapons, definitely could not be 4.6 BILLION years of evolution in action. This guy supposedly got a degree from Georgia Tech......I'm seriously starting to question this.

Idiocracy is happening right in front of our faces in real time folks. Pandemics are like earthquakes, hurricanes, tornados, etc. You could have one hit 20 years in a a row and then nothing for 10,000 years

Statistics Say Large Pandemics Are More Likely Than We Thought

The COVID-19 pandemic may be the deadliest viral outbreak the world has seen in more than a century. But statistically, such extreme events aren’t as rare as we may think, asserts a new analysis of novel disease outbreaks over the past 400 years.

The study, appearing in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences the week of Aug. 23, used a newly assembled record of past outbreaks to estimate the intensity of those events and the yearly probability of them recurring.

It found the probability of a pandemic with similar impact to COVID-19 is about 2% in any year, meaning that someone born in the year 2000 would have about a 38% chance of experiencing one by now. And that probability is only growing, which the authors say highlights the need to adjust perceptions of pandemic risks and expectations for preparedness.
“The most important takeaway is that large pandemics like COVID-19 and the Spanish flu are relatively likely,” said William Pan, Ph.D., associate professor of global environmental health at Duke and one of the paper’s co-authors.

Understanding that pandemics aren’t so rare should raise the priority of efforts to prevent and control them in the future, he said.

The study, led by Marco Marani, Ph.D., of the University of Padua in Italy, used new statistical methods to measure the scale and frequency of disease outbreaks for which there was no immediate medical intervention over the past four centuries. Their analysis, which covered a murderer’s row of pathogens including plague, smallpox, cholera, typhus and novel influenza viruses, found considerable variability in the rate at which pandemics have occurred in the past. But they also identified patterns that allowed them to describe the probabilities of similar-scale events happening again.

In the case of the deadliest pandemic in modern history – the Spanish flu, which killed more than 30 million people between 1918 and 1920 -- the probability of a pandemic of similar magnitude occurring ranged from 0.3% to 1.9% per year over the time period studied. Taken another way, those figures mean it is statistically likely that a pandemic of such extreme scale would occur within the next 400 years
400 years sounds about right

The right wingers are still trying to figure out why so many more repubs died of covid than dems.

Reactions: Ree4
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT