ADVERTISEMENT

Here’s Why the Science Is Clear That Masks Work

We didn’t need masks BECAUSE THEY ARE LITERALLY AS USELESS AS TITS ON A LIZARD! 😷

That was not a point Fauci made in 2003, though, was it? It was because we had no cases in the US.

Just like we wouldn't need "masks" if another Ebola outbreak shows up in Uganda.

No matter how many times you want to claim "masks don't work", the science indicates otherwise, and multiple studies have clearly demonstrated that for you.

• Sad
Reactions: Pinehawk
That was not a point Fauci made in 2003, though, was it? It was because we had no cases in the US.

Just like we wouldn't need "masks" if another Ebola outbreak shows up in Uganda.

No matter how many times you want to claim "masks don't work", the science indicates otherwise, and multiple studies have clearly demonstrated that for you.
It’s amazing how a virus can be isolated to just a few countries in 2003, yet 17 years later a similar one will spread around the world in the blink of an eye. Whatever the experts did for SARS-Cov-1 in the early 2000’s? They shoulda done the same for SARS-Cov-2 in 2020. 🤣

Anyhoo, the smirking Dr Fauci said wearing masks might make you ✌️feel✌️better, and they might block a big glob of spit from time to time, but they won’t actually stop the spread of communicable diseases.

And for once the science backs him up on that.

Reactions: KFsdisciple
you know what would work better than masks? mandated paid sick time from work. Whether it's the flu, common cold, covid or something else, many illnesses are spread in the work place by people who don't have sick time to use or can't afford to miss time from work.

you know what would work better than masks? mandated paid sick time from work. Whether it's the flu, common cold, covid or something else, many illnesses are spread in the work place by people who don't have sick time to use or can't afford to miss time from work.
You think libs would eat that up, right?

Laugh. My. Ass. Off. Jojo, the expert on all subjects, slapping this criteria on someone is the height of comedy. But I guess since you are a pharmaceutical sales guy, you meet the criteria in this thread. Carry on.
Wait you’re telling me this idiot is a salesman and that’s his reasoning for know all about Covid? He said I knew nothing even though I worked in a position manufacturing and researching drugs (we even manufactured a drug they were using to help treat Covid). You don’t even need a degree to be a salesman.
Is he an expert of all drugs and vaccines just because he sells some drug items?
Well heck I’ve sold a vehicle, lawn mower and other things on Facebook. Never knew I was an expert of those things.

It’s amazing how a virus can be isolated to just a few countries in 2003, yet 17 years later a similar one will spread around the world in the blink of an eye.

They were different viruses, with different R0 values.

Amazing you're flummoxed that "all viruses are not alike".

Wait you’re telling me this idiot is a salesman and that’s his reasoning for know all about Covid?

LMAO!!

Nope. Never worked a day in sales in my life.

I have, however, developed several medical devices & prototypes and have 30+ patents to my name.

You aren't listening to the science on this.

Latest review paper clearly demonstrates the added value that masks have. That's been posted for you a couple times now.
So it's safe to assume we are stock piling masks in preparation for the next pandemic?

So it's safe to assume we are stock piling masks in preparation for the next pandemic?
No, states are now throwing them away. Nobody wants them anymore.

"When the coronavirus pandemic took hold in an unprepared U.S., states scrambled for masks and other protective gear.

Three years later, as the grips of the pandemic have loosened, many states are now trying to deal with an excess of protective gear, ditching their supplies in droves.

With expiration dates passing and few requests to tap into its stockpile, Ohio auctioned off 393,000 gowns for just $2,451 and ended up throwing away another 7.2 million, along with expired masks, gloves and other materials. The now expiring supplies had cost about $29 million in federal money.

Into the trash went more than 18 million masks, 22 million gowns, 500,000 gloves, and more. That’s not counting states that didn’t give the AP exact figures or responded in cases or other measures. Rhode Island said it got rid of 829 tons of PPE; Maryland disposed of over $93 million in supplies."

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/health...mic-gear-as-huge-stockpiles-linger-and-expire

"When the coronavirus pandemic took hold in an unprepared U.S., states scrambled for masks and other protective gear.

Three years later, as the grips of the pandemic have loosened, many states are now trying to deal with an excess of protective gear, ditching their supplies in droves.

With expiration dates passing and few requests to tap into its stockpile, Ohio auctioned off 393,000 gowns for just $2,451 and ended up throwing away another 7.2 million, along with expired masks, gloves and other materials. The now expiring supplies had cost about $29 million in federal money.

Into the trash went more than 18 million masks, 22 million gowns, 500,000 gloves, and more. That’s not counting states that didn’t give the AP exact figures or responded in cases or other measures. Rhode Island said it got rid of 829 tons of PPE; Maryland disposed of over $93 million in supplies."

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/health...mic-gear-as-huge-stockpiles-linger-and-expire
Maybe that was the problem all along. People were wearing expired masks!!!

It’s a shame clown masks weren’t ordered by the hundreds of millions. Just as effective against covid as surgical masks yet quite appropriate for all the ‘experts’ who were so, so wrong about this ‘crisis’.

Reactions: hwks4ever
LMAO!!

Nope. Never worked a day in sales in my life.

I have, however, developed several medical devices & prototypes and have 30+ patents to my name.
Awesome so you make medical devices and didn’t actually do anything with pharmaceutical drugs. Btw I have 32 patents to my name.

• Haha
Reactions: McLovin32

Background​

Tight-fitting masks and respirators, in manikin studies, improved aerosol source control compared to loose-fitting masks. Whether this translates to humans is not known.

Methods​

We compared efficacy of masks (cloth and surgical) and respirators (KN95 and N95) as source control for SARS-CoV-2 viral load in exhaled breath of volunteers with COVID-19 using a controlled human experimental study. Volunteers (N = 44, 43% female) provided paired unmasked and masked breath samples allowing computation of source-control factors.

Findings​

All masks and respirators significantly reduced exhaled viral load, without fit tests or training. A duckbill N95 reduced exhaled viral load by 98% (95% CI: 97%–99%), and significantly outperformed a KN95 (p < 0.001) as well as cloth and surgical masks. Cloth masks outperformed a surgical mask (p = 0.027) and the tested KN95 (p = 0.014).

Interpretation​

These results suggest that N95 respirators could be the standard of care in nursing homes and healthcare settings when respiratory viral infections are prevalent in the community and healthcare-associated transmission risk is elevated.

Funding​

Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, and The Flu Lab.

All of the masks and respirators used in this study were efficacious as source control for SARS-CoV-2. They all demonstrate a source control factor of over 70, suggesting a substantial reduction in the viral RNA load when wearing a mask or respirator. This is consistent with our previous studies 8,15,16 showing that loose-fitting masks reduced the viral load in EBA from volunteers infected with influenza virus, seasonal coronaviruses, and SARS-CoV-2. These findings support strong recommendations that face masks should be worn in settings where there is high risk of inhalation transmission of highly pathogenic organisms.

• Haha
People weren't wearing N95's for most of the pandemic. Not even surgical masks. At the height of the pandemic, they were wearing nearly worthless cloth masks.
But, nice try pretending everyone was actually wearing expensive, fit tested N95's.

People weren't wearing N95's for most of the pandemic. Not even surgical masks. At the height of the pandemic, they were wearing nearly worthless cloth masks.
But, nice try pretending everyone was actually wearing expensive, fit tested N95's.
All I want to know is where this is covered in the study(s):

chris-cuomo-2.jpg

All I want to know is where this is covered in the study(s):

chris-cuomo-2.jpg
I saw a guy today riding his bike wearing a mask. I was laughing my ass off. Then I wondered are they pissed that im laughing at them or do they feel all tingly inside knowing i will soon pass away from covid.

I saw a guy today riding his bike wearing a mask. I was laughing my ass off. Then I wondered are they pissed that im laughing at them or do they feel all tingly inside knowing i will soon pass away from covid.

Maybe folks wearing masks are actually ill, and doing YOU a favor by limiting their viral load being spread toward you.

• Haha
"All of the masks and respirators used in this study were efficacious as source control for SARS-CoV-2."

You ASKED for a randomized, controlled study showing masks work.
You GOT one.

Even cloth masks.
The graphs show that cloth masks 'effectiveness' was almost identical to wearing nothing at all.
And, even revealed that poorly fitted KN95's were also even less effective than they expected.

In summary:

If you hate masks, there's enough data to support why/how they didn't work.

If you love masks, there's enough data to support why/how they are the best thing ever.

Not enough data to convince a hater otherwise.

Not enough data to convince a lover otherwise.

Will Ferrell Reaction GIF

In summary:

If you hate masks, there's enough data to support why/how they didn't work.

If you love masks, there's enough data to support why/how they are the best thing ever.

FALSE

The data have clearly supported their use.
This is the randomized trial they have been asking for.
They do not like the results

• Haha
Tight-fitting masks and respirators, in manikin studies, improved aerosol source control compared to loose-fitting masks. Whether this translates to humans is not known. (But those manikins definitely will NEVER catch the covid)

…our study focused on source control,
14 so these findings cannot be directly applied to personal protection. (Of course not)

…our study focused on source control, 14 so these findings cannot be directly applied to personal protection. (Of course not)

Yes. Meaning "source control" effects of masks are real, and are effective.
They did not study masks for "protective control".

Cloth masks reduced aerosol spread better than surgical or KN95 masks.

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT