ADVERTISEMENT

He's Baaaack! ??

I think the staff has known this for a while. I see 1 more leaving after spring semester. Then we will not be over scholly limit.

Bet like most of us thought will continue to happen. Leave Indiana, end up at a Juco and finally never heard from again from a football standpoint.

All jokes aside ... I do hope this kid gets his head on straight. He obviously has some internal issues that have led him to this point. I'm not saying he shouldn't be held accountable to act like an adult ... But somewhere along the line adults have failed this kid. He is going to face a difficult life as an adult ... I do hope he gets on track.

All jokes aside ... I do hope this kid gets his head on straight. He obviously has some internal issues that have led him to this point. I'm not saying he shouldn't be held accountable to act like an adult ... But somewhere along the line adults have failed this kid. He is going to face a difficult life as an adult ... I do hope he gets on track.

Nice call Rustys Dad. I hope he gets things figured out as well. Anyone mocking the kid in should be ashamed of themselves. This thread is an overall embarrassment and should be deleted.

Last edited:
Man, this kid is something else. As many people want to help him at the D 1 level for free in exchange to work at being the best ball player he can be and he’s up to his old tricks again.. Pops always told me when the going gets tough the tough get going! Hopefully one day soon this kid allows himself to be pushed to realize his potential to be more than quitter. That’s just not for football.. he’s writing a sad story for himself.

I don't feel bad for the kid. Yes he lived a hard life but his athletic abilities got him help 99% of people who were born into his situation would not* have gotten and he hasn't done anything with it. 300+ pounds has very few advantages in this world off the football field and Mr. Harris is going to realize what got him all that attention 18 months ago is going to hinder him for the rest of his life. I do wish the kid could have at least gotten into the structure of the U of I program but at this point I don't know that he had what it would have took to learn the lessons.

Last edited:
Nice call Rustys Dad. I hope he gets things figured out as well. Anyone mocking the kid in should be ashamed of themselves. This thread is an overall embarrassment and should be deleted.
And if this kid was Your Son You wouldn't be having a come to Jesus talk with him long ago and probably getting him a good shrink? Comn man he isn't 13 He is what 19? He deserves to be mocked unless He is legitimately diagnosed with a mental condition.

I don't feel bad for the kid. Yes he lived a hard life but his athletic abilities got him help 99% of people who were born into his situation would have gotten and he hasn't done anything with it. 300+ pounds has very few advantages in this world off the football field and Mr. Harris is going to realize what got him all that attention 18 months ago is going to hinder him for the rest of his life. I do wish the kid could have at least gotten into the structure of the U of I program but at this point I don't know that he had what it would have took to learn the lessons.
Testify, the kid can barely put a sentence together but got a free ride college education , Some people have to work really hard post HS or join the military even with good grades because we aren't 350 lbs . Most people are grateful for opportunities given , not blaming other people or wasting other peoples money by de committing 12 times.

You know who really should be mocked every teacher that let this kid pass because He can play football.
Agree. All I am saying is we don't know his background or the environment he was raised in. He obviously has some internal struggles that have developed over the course of his short life. Football aside, I hope he gets on track and has a good life.

Reactions: jellyfish10
You know who really should be mocked every teacher that let this kid pass because He can play football.
Yea I lived the perfect life I spent 10 years serving right out of HS and then raised 2 kids as a single parent , I have no empathy for people who are given a silver spoon and dont appreciate or deserve it. Then blame it all on other people.

Reactions: HawkweyeinSATX
Really? An 18/19 year-old kid "deserves to be mocked?" Do you know him? Do you know his situation? Do you know his family environment? It is easy to stand on the outside and judge ... But I am sure you've lived the perfect life ... :cool:
He may not deserve to be mocked, but he sure as hell doesn't deserve any sympothy either. Regardless of his upbringing, he's had the golden ticket laid out in front of him, and its on him to put in the effort or not.......

Maybe if enough people call Him a clown for his actions instead of telling Him how great He is maybe just maybe a light will go on.

He may not deserve to be mocked, but he sure as hell doesn't deserve any sympothy either. Regardless of his upbringing, he's had the golden ticket laid out in front of him, and its on him to put in the effort or not.......
I hear you. At some point he does need to accept ownership of his decisions.

It's hard to act like an adult when you haven't had adults in your life to properly guide you.

"For all sad words of tongue and pen, the saddest are these, “It might have been.'” ~ John Greenleaf Whittier

It's hard to act like an adult when you haven't had adults in your life to properly guide you.
Frankly, I don't know anything about the kids home life, and it seems to be just as big a leap to say he's had it so bad. I don't really know, and I imagine you don't either. No matter what the past, at some point its time for him to step up and accept accountability. Unfortunately our jails and shelters are overflowing with people who bemoan everything they weren't given in life, instead of stepping up and making something of themselves. Life gives very few of us anything, its up to us to earn what we want, and this young person has a great opportunity laid out at his feet, and seems to have little interest in putting in any effort. I wish him good luck in his journey.

He has some in his life right now and he's not listening to them he's turning his back on them he wants to do what he wants unfortunately for him it's not going to work out well when you won't listen to adults

He was surrounded by coaches, counselors, and tutors at IU doing exactly that. He was also surrounded by his peers and teammates who were all putting in the hard work and being positive examples for him. Didn't have to worry about finding housing, or putting food on the table.

Big time college athletics put players on a train track. They just gotta stay on the rails.

Really? An 18/19 year-old kid "deserves to be mocked?" Do you know him? Do you know his situation? Do you know his family environment? It is easy to stand on the outside and judge ... But I am sure you've lived the perfect life ... :cool:
Do you realize 18/19 kids are adults in the eyes of the law ? They can leave home and not tell anyone where they're going. How long do you think they should have their belly's rubbed and bottoms padded ?

Reactions: HawkweyeinSATX
Got it, every young man that was raised in a home with only a mother, wouldn't know how to be a father, so they should never have kids.

Reactions: LGEND24
I assume you're saying his parents are dirtbags. If so, you realize you can find role models and mentors that aren't your parents.....right?

This is 2018, in america.....is it even possible to fail anymore?

Holy SH!T seriously, how can one not use a spell check or at least have someone write the thing for you so you don’t look like a complete turd? I do and don’t feel sorry for him.. his main problem and ALWAYS HAS (DUH) IS MENTAL! And if he can take action to get some help he just might be a great player but the kid is one sandwich short of a picnic

Do you realize 18/19 kids are adults in the eyes of the law ? They can leave home and not tell anyone where they're going. How long do you think they should have their belly's rubbed and bottoms padded ?
So does it make you feel better to judge others just because someone may not act like you do ... or had the same experiences as you? You don't know how this kid was raised or what he was taught. If you lack the foundation as a kid and as a young adult ... of course he may be confused or not focused, etc. Must be nice being so perfect ...

Law, shmaw. 90% of 19 year olds I have known were the furthest thing from being actual adults in anything but name. Heck, that number applies to 25 year olds. Those numbers included me, no doubt. They likely included or include you. Anybody with any honesty would say the same about themselves when looking back.

Reactions: IGot5onIt
Juan announced today that he's transferring to Iowa Western.

JUCO probably would have been a better choice out of HS. Bit hindsight but he sure seemed a bit confused about on what direction to take so why not JUCO. Who knows? Maybe he’ll get his act together.

I hope he transfers to a good school and puts it all together. I do not understand the hate for a kid trying to make his way. I think we all made mistakes when we were young. Have compassion.

And..... he backs out of his commitment to Iowa Western. Now says he's going to Independence CC in Kansas.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Got it, every young man that was raised in a home with only a mother, wouldn't know how to be a father, so they should never have kids.
All I said was that it is hard. I didn’t say impossible. You guys are really intense about a guy you’ve never met.

And if this kid was Your Son You wouldn't be having a come to Jesus talk with him long ago and probably getting him a good shrink? Comn man he isn't 13 He is what 19? He deserves to be mocked unless He is legitimately diagnosed with a mental condition.
Kid could be 24 19 but may have a 13 yr old mindset & sounds like that may never change.
No need to mock him.
Sounds like to me everyone/relatives who has tried to help him may be trying to use him for some kind of gain
maybe

Kinda like "no child left behind"
Some kids need more time & should be left behind.
Our education system is made to fail due to people in session voting
that Johnny can't be left behind

You do realize that all neuroscience studies point out the brain is not "adult" until the age of 25. This is not an excuse for this kid as he desperately needs a wakeup call.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT