ADVERTISEMENT

hey fatties, would ya

I'd have one......Big Macs are edible.

I go to McDonald's about once a quarter.

Edit - Double Cheeseburger and fries (small) would be a normal order for me.

Reactions: Masterprime
When I lived in Canada they sold these at their McDonalds. In Newfoundland anyways, I guess I can’t speak for all of Canada.

I always thought it was crazy that they had it and America didn’t.

Just what America Needs ...

Maybe Supersize Me should be re-released.

What is that, 1500 calories?

hqdefault.jpg

Rarely eat there. I usually look for a deal on the app and my normal order is 1 hamburger 1 small fry and a 6 piece nugget.

Keeps the calories quite low

No.
I would only go to a McDonalds in the most desperate of times and there's no chance I'm ordering that monstrosity. I get that some people love McDonalds, but the smell makes me nauseous.

Reactions: InsaneHawkJJP
I worked at the McD on Merle Hay. Never understood the love for the Big Mac.

Crew meals - was almost always double cheeseburger or quarter pounder, depending on what we were allowed.
I also worked the grill at McD in high school. I never really liked the big mac and always thought they were a ripoff. We pretty much only hit up McD's on roadtrips and I always get a couple of McDoubles. They taste the exact same each and every time, and don't have lettuce with stuff on it that can fall out and get on your clothes while driving.

Reactions: St. Louis Hawk
I also worked the grill at McD in high school. I never really liked the big mac and always thought they were a ripoff. We pretty much only hit up McD's on roadtrips and I always get a couple of McDoubles. They taste the exact same each and every time, and don't have lettuce with stuff on it that can fall out and get on your clothes while driving.

Ha. I think if you gave me a 5 minute warm up I could do a 12 turn lay or 12 sear lay right now!

I checked McD on YouTube for shits and grins and the kitchens are very different from what we had. Looks like they have clamshell type grills that cook on both sides at the same time so no sear or turning.

Best part of my job was that 1 of my weekend days (high school job) I just followed the delivery truck around and helped the trucker unload. No manager; truckers were cool; could wear own clothes; didn’t smell like grease when you went home.

Reactions: Tenacious E
Ha. I think if you gave me a 5 minute warm up I could do a 12 turn lay or 12 sear lay right now!

I checked McD on YouTube for shits and grins and the kitchens are very different from what we had. Looks like they have clamshell type grills that cook on both sides at the same time so no sear or turning.

Best part of my job was that 1 of my weekend days (high school job) I just followed the delivery truck around and helped the trucker unload. No manager; truckers were cool; could wear own clothes; didn’t smell like grease when you went home.
We had the clam style grill at the Bettendorf location circa 1992, which cooked on both sides. The worst part of the job was when you had to close and it was summer time. Those grease traps that you scrape all the shit into had to be emptied into a big dumpster behind the restaurant. Remembering the smell coming off that on a hot July night helped focus me to do well at college and beyond...

We had the clam style grill at the Bettendorf location circa 1992, which cooked on both sides. The worst part of the job was when you had to close and it was summer time. Those grease traps that you scrape all the shit into had to be emptied into a big dumpster behind the restaurant. Remembering the smell coming off that on a hot July night helped focus me to do well at college and beyond...

Got it. I was mid-80s and they had just the standard flattop.

Yeah, I remember filtering the grease at close and garbage detail.

Although I have to say the store I worked at was pretty clean and well run.

Preferred to work opening 4 a to 1 p as nobody bothered you from 4 a to 6 at least and the store was clean when you walked in.

This is not a new thing. It was an occasional go-to for me when I was young and immortal. Ecclesiastes 3:1-8, so I might maybe have one of those once this year—I might opt out altogether though.

Outside of the occasional breakfast stop I haven't eaten at McDonald's in 25+ years. The only thing I miss is the fries, everything else is pure gut bomb inducing garbage.
Last time i went to mcdonalds for a breakfast stop about a year ago, i ended up with food poisoning and spent the day puking my guts out

Reactions: Moral
Last time i went to mcdonalds for a breakfast stop about a year ago, i ended up with food poisoning and spent the day puking my guts out
How do you know it was the culprit? Frankly, I would be shocked if it was that food which got you sick. People can kill McD's for having bland/bad food which is generally unhealthy, but they have high standards for uniformity, cleaning, etc.

Without sauce or cheese a Big Mac is about 500 calories. That’s how I eat them.
A fully dressed Big Mac is 590 calories, that calorie cut is less than I thought it would be.

I've always liked Big Macs, but I rarely eat there anymore, mostly on road trips when options are limited. My gripe with the original Big Macs is the amount of beef served was inadequate. This will correct that ratio, so I'll probably try it on my next visit.

Reactions: HawkMD
How do you know it was the culprit? Frankly, I would be shocked if it was that food which got you sick. People can kill McD's for having bland/bad food which is generally unhealthy, but they have high standards for uniformity, cleaning, etc.

That's the thing with food poisoning, you have to pick the culprit food in your head as you suffer in front of the toilet, even if that food is innocent. However, it could be anything a person ate in the last few days or something a person touched, didn't get off their hands, and got into their system.

I was going to hit McD's tonight to get a grilled chicken sandwhich but I think they don't have them anymore.

CSB.

That's the thing with food poisoning, you have to pick the culprit food in your head as you suffer in front of the toilet, even if that food is innocent. However, it could be anything a person ate in the last few days or something a person touched, didn't get off their hands, and got into their system.
I've only had true food poisoning once. I love me some runny eggs. The rate of salmonella in eggs is very low these days, but the slot machine came up all lemons that day. I still eat runny eggs though.

Reactions: BelemNole and Moral
Because that was all that i had to eat that day, two hours later i was puking. Guessing it was the sausage as my nopic didnt get sick from her sammie, and we both had the same meals the day before without her getting sick.

Same thing happened years ago with subway. Had a meatball sammie. 2-3 hours later i was puking my guts out the rest of the day and the next morning

Reactions: Tenacious E
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT