ADVERTISEMENT

Hitler quoting, gay bashing, anti-Semitic, misogynist . . .

torbee

HR King
Gold Member
Won the North Carolina GOP gubernatorial primary yesterday.

Stay classy Republicans! 🙄

The Trump-endorsed candidate quoted Adolf Hitler in a 2014 Facebook post that normalizes the German dictator’s stance on racial pride.

In other posts, Robinson has minimizedthe horrors of the Holocaust, claimed a “satanic marxist” had made the movie Black Panther to pull “shekels” out of Black audiences, likened women getting abortions to murderers, and derided gay people as “filth” and “maggots.”
He has also expressed archaic views about women’s role in society, telling a Charlotte-area church in 2022 that Christians are “called to be led by men.”

“God sent women out … when they had to do their thing, but when it was time to face down Goliath, [He] sent David. Not Davita, David,” Robinson said at the time.

The Trump-endorsed candidate quoted Adolf Hitler in a 2014 Facebook post that normalizes the German dictator’s stance on racial pride.

In other posts, Robinson has minimizedthe horrors of the Holocaust, claimed a “satanic marxist” had made the movie Black Panther to pull “shekels” out of Black audiences, likened women getting abortions to murderers, and derided gay people as “filth” and “maggots.”
He has also expressed archaic views about women’s role in society, telling a Charlotte-area church in 2022 that Christians are “called to be led by men.”

“God sent women out … when they had to do their thing, but when it was time to face down Goliath, [He] sent David. Not Davita, David,” Robinson said at the time.
The GOPGA super-majority that exists in our decidedly purple state is cheering him on.

Aside from a few shortcomings I’m sure he is a swell guy!

• Haha
Reactions: IANDFAN
So gross.

I Know Idk GIF by Shark Week

My grandfather was a very conservative Republican who fought in WWII as part of Patton's 3rd Army. His unit ended up liberating the Mauthausen concentration camp in 1945. What he witnessed there upset him so much that it affected him for the rest of his life (he died in 1979 while I was a teenager).

I can't imagine how angered he would be that nearly 80 years after witnessing the piles of dead bodies and the starving survivors at Mauthausen, a Republican candidate who is a blatant Holocaust denier is poised to become governor of North Carolina.

To the many posters on this site who support Mark Robinson (Trump himself with an endorsement) to "own the libs" -- shame on you!

Last edited:
My grandfather was a very conservative Republican who fought in WWII as part of Patton's 3rd Army. His unit ended up coming liberating the Mauthausen concentration camp in 1945. What he witnessed there upset him so much that it affected him for the rest of his life (he died in 1979 while I was a teenager).

I can't imagine how angered he would be that nearly 80 years after witnessing the piles of dead bodies and the starving survivors at Mauthausen, a Republican candidate who is a blatant Holocaust denier is poised to become governor of North Carolina.

To the many posters on this site who support Mark Robinson (Trump himself with an endorsement) to "own the libs" -- shame on you!
Same with my father. He was 3rd Army 2nd Cavalry - he saw some shit. He would be appalled by today's GOP.

How in the actual fvck did this guy win the nomination?
The GOP was able to target a certain demographic group of Americans, who prior to 2016, was largely absent from the polls. They used propaganda that was centered around conspiracy theories, anti-politician rhetoric, hate speech, and racism to fuel this group of people to get out and vote...and it worked. There are rumors they had help from outside parties like Russia, but nobody knows for certain.

Once a successful campaign for Trump started to gain momentum, it was pretty much all downhill from there. Other GOP party members fell in line. People keep acting like the GOP has lost itself, but really, they haven't. They just found an opportunity where the Dems were afraid to look...the trailer parks.

Have you been hiding in a cave for the past 8 years?
We’ve seen nutjob candidates run in primaries where they have no chance to win. Like for example that old neo-Nazi in Chicago who kept running in a district where no other Republican even bothered to run because they knew they had zero chance to win the general anyway.

But this is the most extreme candidate I’ve seen win a primary where he actually has a chance at winning the general election.

Reactions: nelly02
We’ve seen nutjob candidates run in primaries where they have no chance to win. Like for example that old neo-Nazi in Chicago who kept running in a district where no other Republican even bothered to run because they knew they had zero chance to win the general anyway.

But this is the most extreme candidate I’ve seen win a primary where he actually has a chance at winning the general election.

You havn't noticed that the primary winners have become more and more extreme?

Trump has name recognition. You can't remember the neo-Nazi from Chicago and neither can 99.99% of Americans.

Literally everyone knows who Donald Trump is. Before, during, and after 2016-2020.

Reactions: THE_DEVIL
You havn't noticed that the primary winners have become more and more extreme?
Have there been any Holocaust deniers that won a contested primary in a race where the Republicans had a realistic chance at winning the general?

Imagine reading the first sentence of this "article" and thinking to yourself "yeah, this is real journalism" lol you people are insane 😅😂

That guy is AWESOME, you just hate him because he's black... seems like racism

Other than the one in the first post in this thread?
That’s kind of my point, yeah. We’ve seen a lot of fringe candidates running in races they had absolutely no chance to win. There was never any possibility of Arthur Jones winning the general election, and I think Republicans finally succeeded in getting him removed from the ballot.

And I think that loudmouth Tina Forte is running against AOC again, but she’s in a district where Dems outnumber Republicans by about 6-to-1. So you can pretty much guess how that’s going to end up.

I’m sure there are other nutjobs as well. But Robinson is the first one I can recall who actually has a chance to win.

Reactions: torbee
Maybe he's just auditioning for trump's VP position. I bet trump loves this guy, just like some of the posters do.

Reactions: BelemNole
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT