ADVERTISEMENT

Holy Crap! Iowa is a popular Final Four pick

Kellogg on CBS and three including Dickie V picked us on ESPN.

Vitale, Greenberg, Kellogg
Wow.

Love the recognition and respect, but hope this isn't one of those "kiss of death" scenarios.

Lot of expectation resting on the Hawks now. For good reason, but their being set up as a 'goat' - and not the Greatest Of All Time variety - if don't at least reach the E8, at this point.

This team fell victim to heightened expectations and a March upset last year! They’ve got the noise tuned out!

Reactions: spiderland
It's the NCAA tournament and there are no guarantees in any given game. Every team in this tournament is there for a reason and can't take anyone lightly. Hawks could get upset in the first round, or be one of those teams that goes on a run and takes out someone like Kansas.

It's not every day Iowa has a run like this and the expectations that come with it. I realize this can end in heartbreak, but eff it. Im just gonna enjoy the ride wherever that takes us. I'm not going to worry about if or when the Hawks lose until it happens.

I still basically would be really happy to get to the Sweet 16, and if that happens, see what happens from there. A lot of things have to go right to get to a final four. That goes for most every program, not just us.

"In 2014, Shabazz Napier and UConn were an afterthought, until they turned their late-season momentum into a national championship. Iowa is the leading candidate on that "surprise Final Four run" list right now. Per Barttorvik.com, the Big Ten tournament champs were the No. 2 team in America, behind Gonzaga, since Feb. 1. During that stretch, Fran McCaffery's squad registered 82 or more points in nine games. Keegan Murray also blossomed into a potential first-team All-American and projected draft lottery pick."

per ESPN. LOVE IT

Reactions: IAGuy
It seems have the talking heads have us in the Final Four and the other half have us losing to Richmond.

Iowa still has a lowly rated KenPom defense and that doesn’t usually end well for championship contenders

bully-boo.gif

Iowa still has a lowly rated KenPom defense and that doesn’t usually end well for championship contenders

It comes down to post defense and rebounding. We're okay everywhere else, but got torched by
indiana and purdue in the paint and rebonding.. I don't see the huge downside to giving JoshO more minutes.

Reactions: Hawksbyamillion
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT