ADVERTISEMENT

Honest question about the Huskers

Rutgers is on a 21 game Big Ten losing streak, hasnt had a spring with a new coaching staff, and is going to have a condensed fall camp due to Covid.

Nebraska should just cancel the program if they lose that game.

They will win at least 4 or 5.

They’ll also lose at least 4 even with 2 less games. Something they’ve done for the last 16 years. Honestly I think they are lucky they don’t play Cincinnati now. Pre season top 25 one of the best non power 5 schools would’ve been another potential L for them.

Reactions: FlickShagwell
They’ll also lose at least 4 even with 2 less games. Something they’ve done for the last 16 years. Honestly I think they are lucky they don’t play Cincinnati now. Pre season top 25 one of the best non power 5 schools would’ve been another potential L for them.

Don't get me wrong, I really dislike Nebraska. I think McCaffery is going to be good for them. Martinez was a liability. They have athletes and should be better.

Don't get me wrong, I really dislike Nebraska. I think McCaffery is going to be good for them. Martinez was a liability. They have athletes and should be better.

True they’ve brought in play makers. but one thing 10 years in you’d think they’d realize by now in the Big 10 you need great lineman to dominate in the trenches on both sides of the ball unlike the big 12. They haven’t done so and on top of it lost 3 of their best DL from last year. That along with the pink shirts aka blackshirts giving up points and big plays like they are still in the big 12 is why they’ll continue the streak of 4 losses or more every year.

also things don’t get much easier in 21’. That schedule is brutal.

True they’ve brought in play makers. but one thing 10 years in you’d think they’d realize by now in the Big 10 you need great lineman to dominate in the trenches on both sides of the ball unlike the big 12. They haven’t done so and on top of it lost 3 of their best DL from last year. That along with the pink shirts aka blackshirts giving up points and big plays like they are still in the big 12 is why they’ll continue the streak of 4 losses or more every year.

Weird on outsiders perceptions. Every Nebraska fan knows this and we have been bitching about the offensive line for like 10-15 years.

Nebraska will actually have a good offensive line this year. They won’t be Wisconsin or Iowa level good, but they finally have some depth and good talent there.

Defensive line has a lot of knowns but a lot of talent. I think they can be pretty good. Brought in some good juco talent to go along with some solid contributors and talented underclassmen. We will just see how ready. Again won’t be Ohio St defensive line or anything , but they should be solid. Nebraska finally has 3-4 defensive lineman.

The schedule is exactly the same as ours except they play Rutgers and we play Maryland. Brutal by their standards perhaps, but not ours.

Reactions: FlickShagwell
Weird on outsiders perceptions. Every Nebraska fan knows this and we have been bitching about the offensive line for like 10-15 years.

Nebraska will actually have a good offensive line this year. They won’t be Wisconsin or Iowa level good, but they finally have some depth and good talent there.

Defensive line has a lot of knowns but a lot of talent. I think they can be pretty good. Brought in some good juco talent to go along with some solid contributors and talented underclassmen. We will just see how ready. Again won’t be Ohio St defensive line or anything , but they should be solid. Nebraska finally has 3-4 defensive lineman.

UNLLLLL replaced a coordinator in the last year, but they replaced the wrong one. With the same defensive coordinator, the Pinkskirts will continue to suck.

Yeah, but McCaffery got an easy TD vs Iowa last fall where our DB's bailed on coverage when the QB started running and the linemen were like 12 yards downfield.
Again, you can say this about all spread offenses. What don't you understand? This refs just aren't letting NU get away with it.

Debbie lacks in the trenches, and should have figured out by now that you can't win in the BiG without a top 30 defense.

The schedule is exactly the same as ours except they play Rutgers and we play Maryland. Brutal by their standards perhaps, but not ours.

I was referencing 21’ not this season. Next year they go to Norman to play OU and then play OSU, Michigan and Sparty for west division cross overs.

Reactions: WestIAHawk
They will win at least 4 or 5.

200.gif

Reactions: WestIAHawk
They have recruited very well on the lines in the last 2 classes... that 21 schedule looks brutal.

Rutgers is on a 21 game Big Ten losing streak, hasnt had a spring with a new coaching staff, and is going to have a condensed fall camp due to Covid.

Nebraska should just cancel the program if they lose that game.

So you're saying we have a chance?

Reactions: HawkinK.C.1
They have recruited very well on the lines in the last 2 classes... that 21 schedule looks brutal.

Brutal by their standards, otherwise a typical Big Ten Schedule. Non conference has one P5 team, Buffalo and Southeastern Louisiana. Yes, Southeast Louisiana.

ummm, McCaffery is their best quarterback and if he plays they will be better... good, no... but better
McCaffery won't last a season in the B1G as a QB. Martinez has missed games every year hes been there. If Nebraska doesn't get stronger up front and try to protect these guys they'll get the same results every year.

McCaffery won't last a season in the B1G as a QB. Martinez has missed games every year hes been there. If Nebraska doesn't get stronger up front and try to protect these guys they'll get the same results every year.
Regardless of o-line strength, running QB’s generally don’t last long in the Big 10.

We are missing the big picture here, something historic even. If the season gets moved to the spring and actual games are played there is a solid chance that Nebraska’s undefeated streak in the spring will end

Reactions: Herkmeister
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT