ADVERTISEMENT

Hooters is closing dozens of ‘underperforming’ restaurants

QChawks

HB King
Feb 11, 2013
Quad Cities

The wing chain said several “underperforming stores” are closing due to tough economic challenges including rising food and labor costs.

The company did not say exactly how many stores would be closed and it did not release a list of affected locations.

Local reports show several dozen locations have closed in states including Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Rhode Island, Texas and Virginia.

Some of the closures were over the weekend with others shutting down in the past few weeks.

Taking the closures into account, Hooters has about 300 locations worldwide. That is a 12% drop since 2018.

Hooters maintains that its 40-year-old brand remains “highly resilient and relevant.”

giphy.gif

In our area, there are a couple of vietnamese bros who run some local restaurants with double entendre names, including the seafood restaurant "Chasin' Tails," Viet street food joint "Roll Play," "Teas 'n You" fusion tea house, and "Lei'd" Hawaiian poke bowl.

The parent company - and no, I am not joking, is "Happy Endings Hospitality".

One where I lived closed…used to be the Iowa game watch location.

Owner said they need that branding was next to impossible to hire servers.

In our area, there are a couple of vietnamese bros who run some local restaurants with double entendre names, including the seafood restaurant "Chasin' Tails," Viet street food joint "Roll Play," "Teas 'n You" fusion tea house, and "Lei'd" Hawaiian poke bowl.

Wut?

No "Thai Me Up" Thai restaurant!!!
Shame!

dudes still go to hooters?

i used to when i was in high school...now it just seems kind of pathetic

i guess the internet ruined me because "getting to look at cleavage" just doesn't have the same kind of draw it used to

i guess the internet ruined me because "getting to look at cleavage" just doesn't have the same kind of draw it used to
I'll look at a nice cleavage every damn opportunity I can especially if the food is good. The problem is the food is average at best.

This. Can’t you guys just look at boobs for free online? You see ALL of her bazooms and more. No having to order the very mediocre food, either.

Ppl don't go to Hooters for the "wings".....
Disagree. We had one that was built near the old office and we added it to the monthly lunch rotation. Group was half women. Just get tired of the same old thing for lunch so it's nice to have something different in the lineup. Food wasn't any worse than Chili's etc.

Reactions: hawksurprize

I would hope you would never kid about that, local yelp guide.

• Haha
Reactions: Aardvark86
This is the fault of ghey marriage. Straight males don't even want to see hooters any longer... turning into cucks.

Reactions: QChawks
Was back in Davenport a few months back and was surprised to see the Hooters we hit for a bachelor party back in 96 was still open. I think that was my one and only trip to a Hooters, I thought they had all vanished. Is that the only Iowa location? I don't recall the talent to be very impressive, the ladies at Mt Joy were far more attractive and attentive that evening.

Reactions: OutbackBowl2017
Was convinced to go to the one inside Oyo in Vegas after a day of drinking and a hockey game. Even after multiple beers the food was still terrible.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT