ADVERTISEMENT

Hopefully this is Kirks last year

And yet he waited until February to hire Lester. More gross incompetence.

Three years of Petras, a year of Bacon and now this, wins or not, it has been grueling to watch week in and week out. Especially considering every other game I watch has a QB/offense that I would take in a heartbeat.
He was too busy in December preparing his team to get its ass kicked by Tennessee.

Thanks for posting. I've tried (unsuccessfully ) for years to get some perspective out there, but most here simply won't take the FACTS into play when they get all nostalgic about old Hayden. The fact is he beat up really bad teams, (and we played a bunch of them back then) and had a ton of trouble doing much offensively against really good teams. People talk about all the exotics and they rarely worked against solid teams, but they looked great against the piss poor ISU, NW, and Wisc teams we played in the 80's and early 90's. Of course thats kept the old memory bank all giddy about how we used to run it up on those crap teams.
I agree, alot forget how the past actually happens. I wouldn't say he had a ton of trouble but he definitely didn't whoop them. He avg 20.98ppg against top 25 teams while KF has avg 19.2 against top 25 teams. Now most good/great teams score tons of points against inferior opponents (something Fry did better then KF and that KF doesn't typically do) and until recently when 2 top teams play each other it was generally a lower scoring game or at least a low score for the loser.

Ferentz is never leaving of his own free will IMO.

Fans support him if he lost 10 games a year. Only 2 coaches since 1980. Iowa is brilliant.
He's a good den mother.
He develops TEs and OLs. Never mind he consistently fields the worst offense in Division 1.

He can win 10 gams with a mickey mouse non-con schedule in a weak division.

Gets yo-yo multi-million dollar contract extensions with no possibility buyouts.

Oh, yeah, why would he leave?

• Haha
Reactions: eyesofhawk
Are you questioning when Kirk Ferentz knew he would need to hire a new OC? That date was 10/30/23:

With respect to Cade being the starting QB, check the box scores for the first two games of the 2024 season.
He has had 1 good game and 1 poor game. I think it’s a little premature to conclude he needs to be benched.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT