ADVERTISEMENT

HORRIFIC VIDEO: Puerto Rican Couple Yanked From Their Car and Shot By Mob of Black Men in Chicago

When the Mayor of Chicago takes the side of the criminals, then this is only going to continue to get worse. COPS are NOT the problem in these major cities (outside of a questionable action here and there). She has lost control of the streets and is too stupid to understand that her message is promoting this violence and crime. It will continue to get worse until she is out and someone is hired that gets the police back into these areas with a heavier presence.

bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz wrong.

The vast majority of violent crime, I mean the vast, happens on private property between parties that know each other. Putting more cops on the street on leads to more low level arrests. Unless you want to put a cop in a home, throwing more cops on teh street does little to address the problem.

Reactions: BigDelHawk
bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz wrong.

The vast majority of violent crime, I mean the vast, happens on private property between parties that know each other. Putting more cops on the street on leads to more low level arrests. Unless you want to put a cop in a home, throwing more cops on teh street does little to address the problem.
Did you watch the attached video? Have you ever been to these areas. I repo'd shit for 3 years in these areas. These criminals don't don't rob their neighbors and shoot their own families. You obviously don't have the life experience to understand. You should walk your happy ass down one of those streets sometime and then I would like to see your opinions if this happens only at residences.

how do you even have time for these silly discussions given the NUMBER ONE domestic threat in this country is clearly white supremacy groups?

Well I only post about them, I'm not actually out there on the ground doing anything about them or even marching with tiki torches like you.

I also disagree with your assessment. If you would have said number one domestic TERRORIST threat the experts would seemingly agree with you.

@Big Hawk D-Port 's thinking is why we hav a policing problem, and many communities have budget problems, there is an issue so let's just throw more cop bodies at it.

It's like being able to run up the middle so you call three straight I formation power runs cause gosh darn it we gotta break through.

Did you watch the attached video? Have you ever been to these areas. I repo'd shit for 3 years in these areas. These criminals don't don't rob their neighbors and shoot their own families. You obviously don't have the life experience to understand. You should walk your happy ass down one of those streets sometime and then I would like to see your opinions if this happens only at residences.
I lived in Detroit and at 135th sreet in Harlem. Wanna try again?

The vast majority, again the vast majority, of crimes happen on private property between parties. Often with substances involved. They aren't random street attacks. Putting more cops on teh corner does little to address violent crime in these communities.

I guess there were no horrific shootings on the south side of Chicago this weekend? Oh except this one where a woman got her head blown off and a 15 year old boy was shot.
South Side Shooting

Why would you guess that? It seems you really suck at guessing, of course there's violence on the south side.

Yet, that doesn't mean you didn't make a stupid comment regarding geography.

Not every street corner literally, of course. But yes we need cops all over the south side of Chicago.
What an innovative approach that will stop the violence, uplift the community, and ultimately make life better for everyone of every background. Oooh, and we could build more prisons and pack them full of black men for decades on end! That’s probably never been tried, too! Good thing we solved violence in poverty stricken communities.

I’m going to go bitch about critical race theory and the discussion of reparations, now.

@Big Hawk D-Port 's thinking is why we hav a policing problem, and many communities have budget problems, there is an issue so let's just throw more cop bodies at it.

It's like being able to run up the middle so you call three straight I formation power runs cause gosh darn it we gotta break through.
Here is an NPR story about a study that you might find interesting. Some relevant quotes:

"Williams and his colleagues find adding a new police officer to a city prevents between 0.06 and 0.1 homicides, which means that the average city would need to hire between 10 and 17 new police officers to save one life a year. They estimate that costs taxpayers annually between $1.3 and $2.2 million. The federal government puts the value of a statistical life at around $10 million (Planet Money did a whole episode on how that number was chosen). So, Williams says, from that perspective, investing in more police officers to save lives provides a pretty good bang for the buck. Adding more police, they find, also reduces other serious crimes, like robbery, rape, and aggravated assault.

Even more, Williams and his coauthors find that, in the average city, larger police forces result in Black lives saved at about twice the rate of white lives saved (relative to their percentage of the population). When you consider African Americans are much more likely to live in dense, poverty-stricken areas with high homicide rates — leading to more opportunities for police officers to potentially prevent victimization — that may help explain this finding."

"While they find serious crimes fall after the average city expands its police force, the economists find that arrests for serious crimes also fall. The simultaneous reduction of both serious crime and arrests for serious crime suggests it's not arrests that are driving the reduction. Instead, it suggests merely having more police officers around drives it. These findings are consistent with other research that finds concentrating police in "hotspot" crime areas appears to be an effective way to reduce crime."

To your point:
"The economists also find troubling evidence that suggests cities with the largest populations of Black people — like many of those in the South and Midwest — don't see the same policing benefits as the average cities in their study. Adding additional police officers in these cities doesn't seem to lower the homicide rate. Meanwhile, more police officers in these cities seems to result in even more arrests of Black people for low-level crimes. The authors believe it supports a narrative that "Black communities are simultaneously over and under-policed." The economists don't have a solid explanation for why bigger police forces appear to lead to worse outcomes in these cities, and they plan to investigate these findings more deeply in future research."

NPR Story

I lived in Detroit and at 135th sreet in Harlem. Wanna try again?

The vast majority, again the vast majority, of crimes happen on private property between parties. Often with substances involved. They aren't random street attacks. Putting more cops on teh corner does little to address violent crime in these communities.
Why then when policing increased in these major cities under Obama did the crime rate plummet? How come now that we are defunding the police the major crime statistics are skyrocketing in nearly every major city across the US? You can say whatever you want, but the statistics say that major crime is up between 40% and 120% YTD in almost everyone of these cities. The one thing that everyone of them has in common is that the narrative from the leadership there is "defunding police". Your opinions are not supported with the facts. Let's discuss the facts and then solutions. What they are doing is NOT working. These are dumb people in important positions making terrible decisions.

Well I only post about them, I'm not actually out there on the ground doing anything about them or even marching with tiki torches like you.

I also disagree with your assessment. If you would have said number one domestic TERRORIST threat the experts would seemingly agree with you.

I’m not out marching with torches, so knock that crap off. It helps me realize you’re reaching but it’s so dishonest and just unnecessary.

here’s the difference between you guys and me, and ask yourself why it makes you SO angry that I’m for these things and you’re not???

I’m for equal treatment of people. That includes opportunity, law, social expectations. It also includes consequences, and this is where we still have work to do, I admit.

Not moar.....just possibly A gun in their vehicle if they are going to engage in high risk behavior or better still...just don't engage in the high risk behavior.....even if you have a right to do so.

Sad deal that didn't have to happen.
Seriously Boji…...you find ANYTHING in this thread that makes you laugh?

For the sake of the kids I hope your school administrators follow HROT and have an idea who you are.

Can't watch a video right now. Feel free to explain the context if you'd like.
Sure. The video is after a police shooting in Milwaukee from 2016. A young woman, who is the sister of the shooting victim, calls for violence to be taken to the suburbs. CNN aired a small portion of the clip which makes it appear she is calling for peace, but she is calling for the exact opposite. She says the to people in her community "if y'all want to hurt somebody, take that s*** farther out. Burn that s*** down!"

Last edited:
What an innovative approach that will stop the violence, uplift the community, and ultimately make life better for everyone of every background. Oooh, and we could build more prisons and pack them full of black men for decades on end! That’s probably never been tried, too! Good thing we solved violence in poverty stricken communities.

I’m going to go bitch about critical race theory and the discussion of reparations, now.
I would like the murders and shootings to stop. They have tried gun control in Chicago and it isn't working. Let's hear your solution. Because yes, my solution is to catch the people murdering and shooting and put them in prison. Perhaps that will discourage future shootings and people can live in peace and have a decent community.

Why then when policing increased in these major cities under Obama did the crime rate plummet? How come now that we are defunding the police the major crime statistics are skyrocketing in nearly every major city across the US? You can say whatever you want, but the statistics say that major crime is up between 40% and 120% YTD in almost everyone of these cities. The one thing that everyone of them has in common is that the narrative from the leadership there is "defunding police". Your opinions are not supported with the facts. Let's discuss the facts and then solutions. What they are doing is NOT working. These are dumb people in important positions making terrible decisions.
The crime rate went down because the economy wasn't in the crapper.

Like do you understand why crime happens...like at all?

And lol using ytd crime numbers between 2020 and 2021. Boy wonder what changed

Reactions: FlickShagwell
I’m not out marching with torches, so knock that crap off. It helps me realize you’re reaching but it’s so dishonest and just unnecessary.

here’s the difference between you guys and me, and ask yourself why it makes you SO angry that I’m for these things and you’re not???

I’m for equal treatment of people. That includes opportunity, law, social expectations. It also includes consequences, and this is where we still have work to do, I admit.
Your last sentence says as much as we need to know. The reason why these thugs behave the way they do is because they know the chances of significant consequences to themselves is practically nil (and this is ALL racial groups who behave in such violent manner). Make the punishments fit the crime. Willfully taking another person's life is Murder One (with all the requisite caveats for 'capacity'), not some BS like reckless use of a firearm.

I am admittedly not a great writer, but if you think I'm angry about anything, much less you, I must be doing something especially wrong.

Was it because I used ALL CAPS? That was just used in return to mock your use.

I thought I explained it clearly the other day, I post for entertainment and amusement, you generally provide both.

It's amazing how many ways you will all backbend to not just say "those guys are murders and should be hung"

Chicago is only 15 minutes from Indiana and Indiana has lax gun laws! You guys are seriously pathetic. RIP to this young man and I hope the lady recovers.

A man was killed, and a woman was critically injured in a shooting Saturday night in Humboldt Park.​

There has been crickets in the media about this possible hate crime.

Black people, SMH.

I am admittedly not a great writer, but if you think I'm angry about anything, much less you, I must be doing something especially wrong.

Was it because I used ALL CAPS? That was just used in return to mock your use.

I thought I explained it clearly the other day, I post for entertainment and amusement, you generally provide both.

well you’re not very entertaining or amusing.

I would like the murders and shootings to stop. They have tried gun control in Chicago and it isn't working. Let's hear your solution. Because yes, my solution is to catch the people murdering and shooting and put them in prison. Perhaps that will discourage future shootings and people can live in peace and have a decent community.
We’ve had prisons packed well over capacity full of black men for decades. We’ve put a disproportionately high number of black men to death for centuries for crimes for which their white counterparts receive lighter sentences. We’ve lynched black men for centuries just to send the message that they should know their place.

How is this all working out? But you’re right. Doubling down is a winning strategy.

K, I’m going to go bitch about CRT and efforts to make schools and institutions more equitable.

Sure. The video is after a police shooting in Milwaukee from 2016. A young woman, who is the sister of the shooting victim, calls for violence to be taken to the suburbs. CNN aired a small portion of the clip which makes it appear she is calling for peace, but she is calling for the exact opposite. She says the to people in her community "if y'all want to hurt somebody, take that s*** farther out."

Was that supposed to be relevant to the murders in the OP or were you just posting to reminisce?

Here is an NPR story about a study that you might find interesting. Some relevant quotes:

"Williams and his colleagues find adding a new police officer to a city prevents between 0.06 and 0.1 homicides, which means that the average city would need to hire between 10 and 17 new police officers to save one life a year. They estimate that costs taxpayers annually between $1.3 and $2.2 million. The federal government puts the value of a statistical life at around $10 million (Planet Money did a whole episode on how that number was chosen). So, Williams says, from that perspective, investing in more police officers to save lives provides a pretty good bang for the buck. Adding more police, they find, also reduces other serious crimes, like robbery, rape, and aggravated assault.

Even more, Williams and his coauthors find that, in the average city, larger police forces result in Black lives saved at about twice the rate of white lives saved (relative to their percentage of the population). When you consider African Americans are much more likely to live in dense, poverty-stricken areas with high homicide rates — leading to more opportunities for police officers to potentially prevent victimization — that may help explain this finding."

"While they find serious crimes fall after the average city expands its police force, the economists find that arrests for serious crimes also fall. The simultaneous reduction of both serious crime and arrests for serious crime suggests it's not arrests that are driving the reduction. Instead, it suggests merely having more police officers around drives it. These findings are consistent with other research that finds concentrating police in "hotspot" crime areas appears to be an effective way to reduce crime."

To your point:
"The economists also find troubling evidence that suggests cities with the largest populations of Black people — like many of those in the South and Midwest — don't see the same policing benefits as the average cities in their study. Adding additional police officers in these cities doesn't seem to lower the homicide rate. Meanwhile, more police officers in these cities seems to result in even more arrests of Black people for low-level crimes. The authors believe it supports a narrative that "Black communities are simultaneously over and under-policed." The economists don't have a solid explanation for why bigger police forces appear to lead to worse outcomes in these cities, and they plan to investigate these findings more deeply in future research."

NPR Story
It the second part that matters. We are talking about cities like Chicago like you and op mentioned earlier. Throwing more cops does nothing to address the homicide rate.

This first half of the story is all correlation and not causation. Violent crime has been decreasing since the 1980s but has very little to do with an increase in policing. Of course to just look at x bodies when the rate is going down is gonna show correlation.

And your own link shows my statement that all it leads to is an increase in petty arrests.

Reactions: noleclone2
We’ve had prisons packed well over capacity full of black men for decades. We’ve put a disproportionately high number of black men to death for centuries for crimes for which their white counterparts receive lighter sentences. We’ve lynched black men for centuries just to send the message that they should know their place.

How is this all working out? But you’re right. Doubling down is a winning strategy.

K, I’m going to go bitch about CRT and efforts to make schools and institutions more equitable.
Let’s get the non violent drug criminals out of the penitentiaries then. Your argument seems to be that we can’t arrest the murderers because we don’t have room in the prisons, and that doesn’t make a whole lot of sense.

Education, opportunities and community and police shared responsibility.

Putting murders in prison doesn't stop future murder, as I said more are because you have something I want. It only punishes past actions (which is needed, but there is no deterrent factor)

Education, opportunity and community involvement are the silver bullet, always has been. It's just really hard to achieve it.

We’ve had prisons packed well over capacity full of black men for decades. We’ve put a disproportionately high number of black men to death for centuries for crimes for which their white counterparts receive lighter sentences.
Black men have been disproportionately putting each other to death for crimes that their white counterparts receive lighter sentences.

What’s your penalty for ‘mean mugging’?

What is the narrative? That there was a violent murder in a major American city? Or is there another agenda you're promoting?

What agenda? Maybe come up with solutions to prevent further inner city homicides instead of saying take away
guns? Ever think treating criminals like martyrs has lead to the significant increase in homicides? Gtfo. There's one agenda here, and it was stated 4 posts in.

Let’s get the non violent drug criminals out of the penitentiaries then. Your argument seems to be that we can’t arrest the murderers because we don’t have room in the prisons, and that doesn’t make a whole lot of sense.
I could agree with lighter punishments for BS drug arrests and those types of crimes. Those punishments are ridiculous.

Reactions: HawkeyeShawn
It the second part that matters. We are talking about cities like Chicago like you and op mentioned earlier. Throwing more cops does nothing to address the homicide rate.

This first half of the story is all correlation and not causation. Violent crime has been decreasing since the 1980s but has very little to do with an increase in policing. Of course to just look at x bodies when the rate is going down is gonna show correlation.

And your own link shows my statement that all it leads to is an increase in petty arrests.

You have no idea what you're talking about.

Reactions: iahawks10
You cannot be this naive. Less policing + no consequences = more crime. It is not that difficult to understand.
Your the naive one hauss.

Simply throwing bodies at the problem doesn't fix the issue. Never has. But hey you repo'ed stuff for a few years. I've been doing this for 20 years and lived in these communities. What do I know?

We don't need less policing. We need better policing and community buy in. That's your fix, not just more cops on the corner.

well you’re not very entertaining or amusing.

That's fine by me. Begs the question why you bother to respond, especially when you know the mean libs will come gang up on you.

Thanks for the amusing morning Pepp, don't let the Jews replace you.

You have no idea what you're talking about.
Wtf are you taking about?

There are hundreds of studies that back up my point including the npr one linked by big hawk

You've already proven yourself a fool here. Might want to sit this thread out

Education, opportunities and community and police shared responsibility.

Putting murders in prison doesn't stop future murder, as I said more are because you have something I want. It only punishes past actions (which is needed, but there is no deterrent factor)

Education, opportunity and community involvement are the silver bullet, always has been. It's just really hard to achieve it.
Nobody is going to invest in a neighborhood or start a business if crime is out of control. Education, opportunity and community involvement only happen after the bullets stop flying.

Was that supposed to be relevant to the murders in the OP or were you just posting to reminisce?
The discussion was about a shooting happening in an area where you wouldn't normally expect one. You yourself said it was "definitely not a no go place." While not exactly the suburbs, this is the kind of area the young woman in the video was calling for violence to happen.

The discussion was about a shooting happening in an area where you wouldn't normally expect one. You yourself said it was "definitely not a no go place." While not exactly the suburbs, this is the kind of area the young woman in the video was calling for violence to happen.

I see, I suspect the murderers were not inspired by the girl in the video. Although, I didn't watch the video, so perhaps she was especially inspiring, so I can't rule it out...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT