ADVERTISEMENT

How do you plead? Titty or not-titty?

wood control GIF

Reactions: Greenway4Prez
A lot of judge news lately on here.

I don't think I believe she was the highest paid judge in Georgia. Unless the county that elected her drastically overpays their "county probate judge".

Ahh - I found it.

"Peterson, a lawyer said to also harbor ambition as an actress, was elected in November 2020. She got a $36,688 supplement to her starting state salary of $88,110 for a total first-year compensation of $124,798, published reports say.

Peterson made more, and legally. In Georgia, it is not unlawful for probate judges to pocket birth and death certificate fees. Critics contend it is unethical.

Peterson, from this position, in 2022 had annual compensation of $265,487, down slightly from the previous year’s $265,862.

For context, the chief justice for the Supreme Court that issued Tuesday’s ruling in 2022 earned $216,593. Taxpayers that year shelled out $175,000 for Gov. Brian Kemp."

So it wasn't her salary that made her the highest paid, it would've been pocketing the birth and death certificate fees, which is somehow legal. That seems crazy to me that it's legal for her to keep those administrative fees.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT