ADVERTISEMENT

How does a reserve PG from SDS

Our guard court has some skills, but is missing missing more skills than they have, crucial skills.

We have a PG that cannot drive and cannot guard any guard in the land. His drives go about 10 feet, and because he is slow, he has to turn around because he cannot get by anybody. Every drive against him is by him in 2 steps. Disaster waiting to happen.

Moss can shoot the three and play transition ball, but cannot drive, and is not a very good defender. Our other guards are, well, Ellingson (3 point shooter, only, that is mostly off), Dailey (who has done some decent things this year, but meh), and Connor (who I don't really think is a PG). Next year, nobody coming in. The year after, nobody yet.

Has Fran ever brought in a PG with even middling skills? In a game that is based on guards, he has failed in recruiting. Heck, one lineup today was 3 bigs and Dailey and Ellingson. Ugly.

Things might improve, but the definciencies will not go away.

Sad thing is we dont really have the type of guard this team needs even in the pipeline right now. I know a lot of people are starting to turn to Connor but his game has never been what tgis team needs.

Sad thing is we dont really have the type of guard this team needs even in the pipeline right now. I know a lot of people are starting to turn to Conner but his game has never been what tgis team needs.

Yep, I feel bad for Connor. He's not going to help this situation. He needed that redshirt year. We need defense and penetration on offense. Both things he doesn't do well.

Sad thing is we dont really have the type of guard this team needs even in the pipeline right now. I know a lot of people are starting to turn to Connor but his game has never been what tgis team needs.

I agree with you on this. They could use a Ulis type player on this team in the worst way.

Reactions: RogerKint
Connor would have been a better option than Ellingson, but still not a very good option. Bohannon buts his tail, but watching him square up against these guys reminds of me guarding (or trying) Rodell Davis at the field house. I got a good look at the bottoms of his shoes as he blew past me.

Reactions: amahawk
If we had a point guard that could shoot half as good as JoBo but could get to the basket or dish and play good D we would not be on a two game L streak.. I hope I’m wrong but things ain’t looking good in the this back court.. we need a PG and we need one bad! We have a tall 2 guard and a short 2 guard back there..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT