ADVERTISEMENT

Give me three Filip Rebraca's

Wango Z Tango

Team MVP
Dec 31, 2004
Chicago
He doesn't play good enough defense for a lot of you, and he is not a jump shooter three-point threat. (What exactly is a three point threat)
But he is a low post threat and I would take 10 to 15 of his points and causing fouls all day as opposed to our 9% three point chucking.
The kid is at least pretty consistent regardless of the opponent.

I used to think every Iowa team should have some form of a Reggie Evans, a rebounding madman, burley get out of my way dude. But so
many three point misses the ball bounces long after the "clang" would he even be relevant?

Perhaps it truly is the lack of a quality point guard. I don't think we know what one is. Fran seems to only want to recruit multiple position
players with the same body type. Long, stretch, lean, supposedly great three-point shooters.

The strongest, burly body built kid for a guard/forward Iowa has plays very little and that is the Kingsbury kid. At this point it sure wouldn't hurt.

Iowa just does not seem to have a mental toughness, a killer instinct, and over the course of this season they have just not developed. Part of that
I would say is coaching, and the other part is talent and in this case---lack there of.

Rant over

• Love
Reactions: nu2u and CAS1949
If he had a little more heght.... Filip is a PF made to play out of position. He has accepted his role and played well. Iowa has been real fortunate that he hasn't missed any games the last two years.... no way Iowa is a tourney team without him, Team MVP if you ask me.

You only can post up 1 guy at a time. A team with Three Rebraca's would be a loser.

The teams that can win without 3pt shooting look like that TCU team that stomped us... athletic, strong, physical, they get every rebound, they play defense, they do dribble drive and if they miss the rebound it. We don't have guys like that. Perkins is closest.

Rebraca is a warrior. Love him and Kris. Both will be all conference and keys to how the season finishes. Those 2 have to get help from Perkins and Peyton to have a happy ending.

Reactions: BVHawkeye
He doesn't play good enough defense for a lot of you, and he is not a jump shooter three-point threat. (What exactly is a three point threat)
But he is a low post threat and I would take 10 to 15 of his points and causing fouls all day as opposed to our 9% three point chucking.
The kid is at least pretty consistent regardless of the opponent.

I used to think every Iowa team should have some form of a Reggie Evans, a rebounding madman, burley get out of my way dude. But so
many three point misses the ball bounces long after the "clang" would he even be relevant?

Perhaps it truly is the lack of a quality point guard. I don't think we know what one is. Fran seems to only want to recruit multiple position
players with the same body type. Long, stretch, lean, supposedly great three-point shooters.

The strongest, burly body built kid for a guard/forward Iowa has plays very little and that is the Kingsbury kid. At this point it sure wouldn't hurt.

Iowa just does not seem to have a mental toughness, a killer instinct, and over the course of this season they have just not developed. Part of that
I would say is coaching, and the other part is talent and in this case---lack there of.

Rant over
Even a second would be nice.

I think of how he played when he first came to Iowa. Worked hard but I wondered how successful he would be. Fast forward to now. He is a damn good player and we would be under .500 without him.

Reactions: iahawks10
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT