ADVERTISEMENT

How far beyond has Iowa fallen?

Oh spare the guilt trip. Recruits aren’t avoiding Iowa because of this forum. And the vast majority on here aren’t ‘talking sh*t.’ They’re providing their honest assessment. So, you need not be confused anymore.

Providing honest assessment in the hopes that proper change is considered = Hawkeye wrestling fan

Putting blinders on and pretending everything is fine and dandy = delusion

Shifting blame to message board posters for the shortcomings of the Iowa coaching staff = devotee

As far as timing goes, when are we supposed to discuss these issues? If we do it after poor performances, people like you will say we’re overreacting to a bad performance or we’re like ‘locusts of losing’ as another poster (AZChief maybe?) said a couple weeks ago. If we attempt this discussion after a good performance, people like you will say we’re crazy because the team just wrestled well so there must not be any problems, and Grip will call us ‘morans’ and bump old threads like this one (funny how he didn’t bump those threads after B1Gs). Methinks you don’t want us to ever voice our opinions unless they prop TnT up as perfection personified.
I didn’t shift blame to anything, idiot. I don’t need some internet cry baby giving me a lecture. You talk a big game here & that’s all you do. If you really think there needs to be a change talk to someone who can actually do something about it.

I didn’t shift blame to anything, idiot. I don’t need some internet cry baby giving me a lecture. You talk a big game here & that’s all you do. If you really think there needs to be a change talk to someone who can actually do something about it.
Well, there’s two parts to that equation. It’s not necessary to have an opinion on who should replace current staff simply because one has an opinion on how the current staff is performing.

Why do you get to control another poster’s focus? First you were demanding to know who the poster was now you want to control his content.

This is ‘Merica, not Russia. We get to pick our own focus on public message boards.

Well, there’s two parts to that equation. It’s not necessary to have an opinion on who should replace current staff simply because one has an opinion on how the current staff is performing.

Why do you get to control another poster’s focus? First you were demanding to know who the poster was now you want to control his content.

This is ‘Merica, not Russia. We get to pick our own focus on public message boards.
I didn’t demand sh*t & never once asked his name. I didn’t even question if he was actually a past Iowa wrestler, because you’d really have to be a piece of crap to come here & make that statement if it wasn’t true, but hey you never know anymore. I’ve said multiple times if he/you or anyone that really thinks a change needs to be made talk to someone who can actually do something about it. You’d think a past Iowa wrestler would have an inside track to be able to get an AD or someone to take a moment to listen to his concerns.

Oh spare the guilt trip. Recruits aren’t avoiding Iowa because of this forum. And the vast majority on here aren’t ‘talking sh*t.’ They’re providing their honest assessment. So, you need not be confused anymore.

Providing honest assessment in the hopes that proper change is considered = Hawkeye wrestling fan

Putting blinders on and pretending everything is fine and dandy = delusion

Shifting blame to message board posters for the shortcomings of the Iowa coaching staff = devotee

As far as timing goes, when are we supposed to discuss these issues? If we do it after poor performances, people like you will say we’re overreacting to a bad performance or we’re like ‘locusts of losing’ as another poster (AZChief maybe?) said a couple weeks ago. If we attempt this discussion after a good performance, people like you will say we’re crazy because the team just wrestled well so there must not be any problems, and Grip will call us ‘morans’ and bump old threads like this one (funny how he didn’t bump those threads after B1Gs). Methinks you don’t want us to ever voice our opinions unless they prop TnT up as perfection personified.
Yeah, it’s not message board comments .

I didn’t demand sh*t & never once asked his name. I didn’t even question if he was actually a past Iowa wrestler, because you’d really have to be a piece of crap to come here & make that statement if it wasn’t true, but hey you never know anymore. I’ve said multiple times if he/you or anyone that really thinks a change needs to be made talk to someone who can actually do something about it. You’d think a past Iowa wrestler would have an inside track to be able to get an AD or someone to take a moment to listen to his concerns.
Lololol

For those who think Tom is willing to look outside the program, you need to look inside the program.

Currently, every assistant coach, every member of the HWC, and even the Executive Director are Iowa alums.

I suspect that is by design.
They’ve had outside guys on staff.

Reactions: T8KUDWN
They’ve had outside guys on staff.
I’m sure you’re right, but I seriously can’t remember the last time there was a non-hawk on the primary staff. Gable did for sure. Jrob from Oklahoma State, Mark Johnson from Michigan.

It doesn’t work that way in the real world. There’s a difference between having discussions on a message board and actively trying to get a coach fired for performance issues by lobbying an AD.

What do you have against message board conversations surrounding opinions of performance?

Just laughing at the example. Check resume of backes

I do remember “alway got T8kenDWN”! Just sarcastic because of caliber of his resume! Big find!
I always thought Kurt was a good addition to the staff. Great guy also.

lol I uploaded the convo to an AI program for assistance in coming up with that line.
You are an odd one & can’t even come up with your own stuff.
I’m don’t even know what the “belt buckle” comment is supposed to mean. I’m sure it’s some kind of insult and no I’ve never worn a belt buckle.

Reactions: acuhawk
Kurt Backes was a volunteer assistant who left 10 years ago to pursue other career interests,

Jared Frayer was the strength coach for the 2008-2009 season.

I concede. You guys proved me wrong.

Kurt Backes was a volunteer assistant who left 10 years ago to pursue other career interests,

Jared Frayer was the strength coach for the 2008-2009 season.

I concede. You guys proved me wrong.
I actually believe Kurt left because his wife’s career required them to relocate.

You are an odd one & can’t even come up with your own stuff.
I’m don’t even know what the “belt buckle” comment is supposed to mean. I’m sure it’s some kind of insult and no I’ve never worn a belt buckle.
You seriously think I’m serious?
A lot of hypocrites in this thread. El dub, first rule of cesspool is that it can’t be controlled. Not sure why you are attacking others for having a different perspective then yours.
frustrated youtube GIF by Hyper RPG

Reactions: Gusaford
I’m sure you’re right, but I seriously can’t remember the last time there was a non-hawk on the primary staff. Gable did for sure. Jrob from Oklahoma State, Mark Johnson from Michigan.
So you couldn’t remember a guy that was on staff when Iowa was recruiting your son?

Reactions: acuhawk
So you couldn’t remember a guy that was on staff when Iowa was recruiting your son?
Correct shows how insignificant the rate non hawk staffer was. Not till he mentioned the name. Dumbass. Im sure it was similar to when your non binary child was getting recruited by kentucky swimming

Reactions: el dub
Ahhh that’s how it works, make statements and then act like it’s a joke later…. gotcha!!
This was for oldest/greatest. Not sure why it included your comment. But you fit as well, thinking my claiming use of AI for making belt buckle size joke was serious.

Reactions: SansAgain
The part that’s confusing to me with this thread is that a group of so called Hawkeye Wrestling fans who want the best recruits in the country spend a ton of time talking sh*t on the present coaching staff. When this is a place where recruits, present team members and parents of both come and read what is being said. You think all the crap you talk here is going to help get them to sign with Iowa? I bet these psu trolls that are here love watching you guys shove a knife in the back of the program. If you are really so concerned, make a phone call, send an email or try and line up a sit down conversation with Beth Goetz.
I think it's pretty clear from your post that you DID, in fact, try to shift blame away from the coaching staff and onto message board posters. And we all know why, devotee. Looking back at your post, it also looks like you were the actual 'internet cry baby' so I'm assuming it was projection when you called me that (geez, maybe you DO need a lecture). And I don't 'talk a big game.' I just share my thoughts, just like everyone else. I do it here because it pleases me to do so and I'll continue to do it here for as long as it pleases me to do so. Get over it.

Last edited:
Never said you attacked anyone 🤷‍♂️
That was oldest/greatist. Your comment got added to my response by rogue AI, apparently. Probably from when I uploaded this forum to AI program for help with put downs.

nobody is crying more than you. you can't handle people criticizing your heroes and you're throwing a fit.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT