ADVERTISEMENT

How far beyond has Iowa fallen?

well Zipperhead and your pal gothe14 unfortunately it did happen . If you would like a detailed shopping list of the items that were purchased at Wegman's grocery store or perhaps the trailer parts and the bird seed I purchased at Rural King I could provide them for you. I would rather watch you and the rest of the cry babies who flock to the Cael Alter as you slip on the knee pads and begin your worshipping as I am sure the TROLLS like you and the other cry babies fight and scream to restore the Joe Pa statue... since it has been long enough in your minds to say we should all forget the sins that were covered up in the football program. all of you wannabes are such keyboard tough guys it makes me laugh. Don't tell me... you are on the inside track of PSU wrestling because you helped Zain wash his windows at the Sheetz and now you two are Facebook pals.
Why do you think what you bought at a store has any bearing on you being a liar? I'm not saying you didn't go shopping or questioning what you bought, I'm saying the story about you wear Iowa gear is a lie.

Reactions: Agoodnap and el dub
I wonder how Pat Pop could do at Iowa. He has done a great job with NC State, when you look at where they were before he came.

“In 10 seasons under Popolizio, NC State Wrestling has had:
  • 3 National Champions
  • 6 NCAA Finalists
  • 27 All-Americans
  • 28 ACC Champions
  • 5 ACC Wrestlers of the Year
  • 3 ACC Rookies of the Year
  • 3 ACC Scholar-Athletes of the Year”
Also started with about 100 butts in the seats, to selling out Reynolds.

Reactions: PSUer1989
well Zipperhead and your pal gothe14 unfortunately it did happen . If you would like a detailed shopping list of the items that were purchased at Wegman's grocery store or perhaps the trailer parts and the bird seed I purchased at Rural King I could provide them for you. I would rather watch you and the rest of the cry babies who flock to the Cael Alter as you slip on the knee pads and begin your worshipping as I am sure the TROLLS like you and the other cry babies fight and scream to restore the Joe Pa statue... since it has been long enough in your minds to say we should all forget the sins that were covered up in the football program. all of you wannabes are such keyboard tough guys it makes me laugh. Don't tell me... you are on the inside track of PSU wrestling because you helped Zain wash his windows at the Sheetz and now you two are Facebook pals.
It's Altar.

The data is disingenuous when you negate that they have put someone in the Finals EVERY single year and they have produced more AA"s than everyone other than PSU and they were even ahead of PSU until very recently.

Yes, it is ok to knock Brands for the lack of Champs. It is also completely acceptable to expect them on a regular basis. I just think that argument is weak when you use it while completely ignoring how many guys have made the FInals and how many have made the podium...

Put it this way, it is essentially like arguing that any grade less than an A is flat out a failing grade. Wanting and even expecting an A is understandable. Considering anything less than that as abject failure is something I simply rail against...
It also ignores Iowa missing out on NCAA's with Tom's best team. A team that was healthy and going to blow out the field. They would have also had multiple champs. Fast forward a year. The Strength coach left for a football job. Iowa had a hiring freeze so the team went the whole season without a strength and conditioning coach. Then Iowa gets covid in the room in February. They weren't allowed to train or be around each other for weeks. There was a blizzard outside so they couldn't even do individual outdoor runs. No gym access and punishment for getting caught being around each other would be your season's over. Penn State and other teams refused to wrestle us. The team went a month without any live competition heading into Big Tens. They went weeks without even being able to practice leading up to Big Tens. That team still won the national title but the focus was on the lack of individual titles which nobody ever talks about how that team wasn't allowed to train for the most important part of the season. The fact they still won the tournament was simply remarkable and a testament to how well the athletes and coaches handled the adversity.

It's stunning so many quickly jump on wahlbergs posts like they are relevant to the current landscape. His experience 15 years ago is as relevant as asking one of Carl's wrestlers from 15 years go what those practices are like. Wahlberg obviously has no connections to the program. He posts like a guy that made bad decisions and is now looking for someone to blame. Especially saying better wrestlers got special treatment. I wonder if he realizes the same happens at Penn State. Carl says no drinking during the year. Ed Ruth drunk drives into a taco bell with no repercussions.

Back to how irrelevant experience was to the current situation. Tom has changed the practice regimen over the years. The athletes now wear rings that monitor their recovery, sleep, etc. They brought in a big name outside nutritionist that took tissue samples to work on individual nutritional needs. Tom is all about doing whatever is best for his athletes.
These guys get multiple days a week where they work on recovery. Practices are generally 45-60 minutes.

Tom Brands busted his ass raising over 30 million dollars for a new facility. He started the process while he had the best team in the country from 3 years running. That was the logical next step for the program. At the time the cost was going to be 15-17 million. It was going to be done and then he could focus back on the other elements needed to beat Penn State. Covid once again effed everything up. The cost doubled and the time until completion got extended. It is finally pretty much move in ready. The next thing is to get more Top 10 recruits. As far as I'm concerned Tom has earned a full recruiting cycle (5 years) with the new facility that he pretty much single handed made happen. Dissenting opinions are fine, but the incessant negativity without acknowledging the fact that Covid bit us in the ass more than most even know just isn't right. While also acknowledging the gambling BS was also a big hit but nothing like what Covid did to the athletes on the championship team and the facility.

Last edited:
Well you are, others simply disagree with you, one who SUPPOSEDLY wrestled for Iowa.
Nobody knows if he wrestled for Iowa. And like stated previously it was so long ago it isn't any more relevant than what Carl was doing for practice 15 years ago while Tom was kicking his ass.

Reactions: T8KUDWN
I have a slightly different take on the Hawks performance at the NCAA's. I think the Hawks wrestle to their best every match. I think they take every match as if it were life and death. Most teams and wrestlers do not do that during the season and dual mets. They get up for the NCAA tourney and have less than optimal performances during the year.
Put another way. Other teams wrestle their best at the tourney and the Hawks wrestle their best all year long. It just so happens that the Hawks beat other guys and teams when they are not wrestling their best and it looks like the Hawks are under performing at the end of the year - when other teams and guys are doing their best.
Does that make any sense?
Yes, absolutely. Tom is so obsessed with winning every battle, he ends up losing the war.

The moment you use the name Carl everything else you say is useless. It’s juvenile and pathetic.
It’s an autocorrect JOKE on this board. It’s on par with the use of “Moran” and “83%”. I am sure your board has plenty of equivalents.

With that said, if that is the focus of your response to a very well written post from a poster who is obviously well connected, why are you even here?

It’s an autocorrect JOKE on this board. It’s on par with the use of “Moran” and “83%”. I am sure your board has plenty of equivalents.

With that said, if that is the focus of your response to a very well written post from a poster who is obviously well connected, why are you even here?
Enjoying the scenery. What is well written about it?

YEAH!

only two types of people are welcome here...HAWKEYE FANS and people with an incessant need for validation or acceptance from HAWKEYE FANS!

YEAH!

only two types of people are welcome here...HAWKEYE FANS and people with an incessant need for validation or acceptance from HAWKEYE FANS!
Oh, make no mistake, I think everyone and anyone can and should be able to come here. I have never used the ignore function and never will. Asking WHY he is here is a lot different than telling him to go away...

Reactions: el dub and vhsalum
Solid grammar, sentence structure, proper paragraph usage, attention to detail and, MOST IMPORTANTLY, very informative...
I knew you would appreciate the information because you're capable of acknowledging how big of blow that was to the team. And you also know enough about the sport to realize what it would be like to go into the 2nd most difficult tournament of the year without being able to wrestle any outside competition for a month. And not being able to wrestle at all for over 2 weeks in February. The most important month of the year. You can probably appreciate how banged up they were after B1G's. The Big Ten only allowed us to wrestle conference duals that year so getting any duals limited us to B1G only teams. Tom tried scheduling several teams the week before the tournament, but they all refused. We essentially wrestled and won the toughest conference tournament while coming off summer break against the field who were able to peak for the post season. The lack of wrestling showed up in conditioning and health at the NCAA's. It cost some guys titles IMO.

I knew you would appreciate the information because you're capable of acknowledging how big of blow that was to the team. And you also know enough about the sport to realize what it would be like to go into the 2nd most difficult tournament of the year without being able to wrestle any outside competition for a month. And not being able to wrestle at all for over 2 weeks in February. The most important month of the year. You can probably appreciate how banged up they were after B1G's. The Big Ten only allowed us to wrestle conference duals that year so getting any duals limited us to B1G only teams. Tom tried scheduling several teams the week before the tournament, but they all refused. We essentially wrestled and won the toughest conference tournament while coming off summer break against the field who were able to peak for the post season. The lack of wrestling showed up in conditioning and health at the NCAA's. It cost some guys titles IMO.
I appreciate facts over opinions. When someone is close enough to provide facts instead of opinions, it goes a long ways towards debunking inaccuracies. This is especially true with you giving quite a bit of detail on how they train. It goes a long way to dispel the notion that Brands is running all his wrestlers into the ground and they are simply too beat up to compete in March and even worse when they get to their 4th, 5th, 6th or even the rare 7th year with the program…

YEAH!

DoN2.gif

I appreciate facts over opinions. When someone is close enough to provide facts instead of opinions, it goes a long ways towards debunking inaccuracies. This is especially true with you giving quite a bit of detail on how they train. It goes a long way to dispel the notion that Brands is running all his wrestlers into the ground and they are simply too beat up to compete in March and even worse when they get to their 4th, 5th, 6th or even the rare 7th year with the program…
Ya they are all about recovery and being feeling good. Some of the posters could benefit from looking up the meaning of coach speak. They hear Tom talk about do what we do best and they jump on they don't scout, they don't practice positions, etc etc. Each guy was given a scouting report on their opponents before B1G's. I like reading this board at times as a time killer but it's tough being quiet when there are so many flat out lies repeated over and over. Every week guys have days to get what they need. Whether it's stay off the mats. Work on positions. Get a short live go. Whatever they need and want, they get.

Unless it's a special case like a hard nosed guy that wants to be on the mat all of the time. Many times they have kept guys off the mat to help recovery. Or in the case of Daniel Murphy who wasn't even allowed on the mats for his final year because Tom wanted to make sure he was healthy so he could pass his special forces physical. Murphy is now kicking ass in the special forces. I guarantee he appreciates the hell out of Tom for making him stay off the mats when the easy move is to let him go out and scrap.

Ya they are all about recovery and being feeling good. Some of the posters could benefit from looking up the meaning of coach speak. They hear Tom talk about do what we do best and they jump on they don't scout, they don't practice positions, etc etc. Each guy was given a scouting report on their opponents before B1G's. I like reading this board at times as a time killer but it's tough being quiet when there are so many flat out lies repeated over and over. Every week guys have days to get what they need. Whether it's stay off the mats. Work on positions. Get a short live go. Whatever they need and want, they get.

Unless it's a special case like a hard nosed guy that wants to be on the mat all of the time. Many times they have kept guys off the mat to help recovery. Or in the case of Daniel Murphy who wasn't even allowed on the mats for his final year because Tom wanted to make sure he was healthy so he could pass his special forces physical. Murphy is now kicking ass in the special forces. I guarantee he appreciates the hell out of Tom for making him stay off the mats when the easy move is to let him go out and scrap.
This kind of stuff is great to hear. I do think that TnT have their hearts in the right place. That is one of the main things you can ask out of a D1 coach.

Every Divison one college wrestling program practices recovery and are given scouting before tournaments. In fact most have it before matches. This is not extraordinary. It is the bare minimum. The only thing that matters is results. Can you beat an opponent who beat you earlier in the year or more importantly can you not lose to someone that you beat handily earlier on. You can write the words quick goes and recovery all you want but explain why Iowa wrestlers always end up wrestling hurt their last year or two? The three year cycle you speak of was with a generational talent and other wrestlers who followed from PA with some transfers sprinkled in. Spencer Lee is not walking though that door again. It’s not about catching PSU for Iowa anymore it’s about holding on to number two. Ohio State will challenge PSU in a year or two not Iowa.

It also ignores Iowa missing out on NCAA's with Tom's best team. A team that was healthy and going to blow out the field. They would have also had multiple champs. Fast forward a year. The Strength coach left for a football job. Iowa had a hiring freeze so the team went the whole season without a strength and conditioning coach. Then Iowa gets covid in the room in February. They weren't allowed to train or be around each other for weeks. There was a blizzard outside so they couldn't even do individual outdoor runs. No gym access and punishment for getting caught being around each other would be your season's over. Penn State and other teams refused to wrestle us. The team went a month without any live competition heading into Big Tens. They went weeks without even being able to practice leading up to Big Tens. That team still won the national title but the focus was on the lack of individual titles which nobody ever talks about how that team wasn't allowed to train for the most important part of the season. The fact they still won the tournament was simply remarkable and a testament to how well the athletes and coaches handled the adversity.

It's stunning so many quickly jump on wahlbergs posts like they are relevant to the current landscape. His experience 15 years ago is as relevant as asking one of Carl's wrestlers from 15 years go what those practices are like. Wahlberg obviously has no connections to the program. He posts like a guy that made bad decisions and is now looking for someone to blame. Especially saying better wrestlers got special treatment. I wonder if he realizes the same happens at Penn State. Carl says no drinking during the year. Ed Ruth drunk drives into a taco bell with no repercussions.

Back to how irrelevant experience was to the current situation. Tom has changed the practice regimen over the years. The athletes now wear rings that monitor their recovery, sleep, etc. They brought in a big name outside nutritionist that took tissue samples to work on individual nutritional needs. Tom is all about doing whatever is best for his athletes.
These guys get multiple days a week where they work on recovery. Practices are generally 45-60 minutes.

Tom Brands busted his ass raising over 30 million dollars for a new facility. He started the process while he had the best team in the country from 3 years running. That was the logical next step for the program. At the time the cost was going to be 15-17 million. It was going to be done and then he could focus back on the other elements needed to beat Penn State. Covid once again effed everything up. The cost doubled and the time until completion got extended. It is finally pretty much move in ready. The next thing is to get more Top 10 recruits. As far as I'm concerned Tom has earned a full recruiting cycle (5 years) with the new facility that he pretty much single handed made happen. Dissenting opinions are fine, but the incessant negativity without acknowledging the fact that Covid bit us in the ass more than most even know just isn't right. While also acknowledging the gambling BS was also a big hit but nothing like what Covid did to the athletes on the championship team and the facility.
That is certainly a lot of adversity for the team to have dealt with in the 20-21 season. Thanks for sharing. Well done to our guys and coaches on winning the title that year in spite of all that. And, we definitely seemed poised to win in 19-20 as well. All true. But this is year 3 since that great two-year run and we haven't been close to PSU since (nor were we in any of the nine years prior to that two-year run). I think that's a problem. Do you disagree?

I have nothing personal against TnT. I was treated mostly well by them. I am not out to get them in any way. I find them to be good coaches, especially when it comes to producing AAs and guys in the top 10-15. I just don't think they're the answer to catching/surpassing PSU and, as I stated, I think their coaching/training system has several critical flaws. And I'm definitely not looking for anyone to blame for anything to do with my results (which I'm largely proud of, despite the mentality of always wanting more).

Instead, I am concerned with the present state and trajectory of the Iowa wrestling program as a whole. I want the hawks to win nationals every dang year. Yes, I drew from what I experienced going through the program (and discussions I've had with many of my former teammates over the years) to help lay the groundwork for my assessment of Tom's coaching/training system. And yes, it has been some time since I went through the program. Maybe Tom has completely revamped his whole approach. If practices are generally only 45-60 minutes these days, as you stated, then that would constitute a massive shift from when I was there.

You said in a subsequent post that guys were given a scouting report on their opponents before B1Gs. They did not do that when I was there. Neither did we wear rings to monitor recovery/sleep or have a big-name nutritionist or anything like that when I went through. 45 minutes almost sounds too short for a typical length of practice to me. I felt like the bigger issue was the amount of hard hand-fighting and long live wrestling goes within the practices when I was there, rather than the total length of the practices (although they probably were a bit too long). Regardless, those sound like good changes overall.

With regard to better wrestlers getting special treatment, yes I understand it happens at other places. That wasn't my point. As I said in the post you're referring to, the problem with TnT affording special treatment to better wrestlers (or any other examples of questionable decisions they might make) is that, when paired with their oft-repeated mantras such as 'you get what you earn' and 'do it right' as well as their heavy emphasis on clean living, they can come across to many on the team as a bit hypocritical.

There are a few asshole PSU fans still on here, but lately I’m seeing way too many friendly PSU visitors. I miss 2 years ago when we hated each other equally.
Iowa needs to pick it up if the rivalry and hatred is to continue. Right now PSU is a fly swatter and Iowa is a fly. The fly swatter shows no hate but just does its job smashing flies. Not a rivalry by any means. I also miss the back and forth spewing of insults and boasts but it’s just sad now that Iowa is struggling to remain relevant. Replace Brands or don’t, recruit better, be more active in transfers and NIL, develop the wrestlers you have and get big names in the HWC. Do whatever it takes or Iowa will have a rivalry with Rutgers in the future while PSU will have one with Ohio State or someone who emulates the PSU way.

That is certainly a lot of adversity for the team to have dealt with in the 20-21 season. Thanks for sharing. Well done to our guys and coaches on winning the title that year in spite of all that. And, we definitely seemed poised to win in 19-20 as well. All true. But this is year 3 since that great two-year run and we haven't been close to PSU since (nor were we in any of the nine years prior to that two-year run). I think that's a problem. Do you disagree?

The 9 years prior was poor and largely a result of the #1 class not panning out. And maybe there wasn't a quick enough response thinking everything was fine after winning 3 in a row. EDITED: So I would agree it wasn't at the level we want. And every response is meant with all due respect.

The last 2 years I previously addressed. Tom's next step was to secure a state of the Art practice facility. Cost doubled. Time line took years longer. Raising over 30 MILLION dollars is very difficult.
Do you disagree that the last 2 years were immensely affected by the Covid BS due to the enormous increase in facility cost and delay in completion? That affects the focus timeline to be all in on recruiting.

Just read a post by VHS alum that Tom is never at any events. Other posters immediately respond as "unacceptable" and "doesn't suprise me" etc. Tom was at an event not long ago while the other coaches ran practice. Posters need to realize just because some guy posts it on here doesn't mean it's true.

Just so you know where I stand. My hope or expectations are to be truly competitive with PSU 1-2 years every 5 year recruiting cycle. With the caveat that shit does happen. Look at the gambling this year that cost us a almost shoe in 2nd place. (not our goal but example of things to consider when judging a cycle). I acknowledge the train psu has going there. Tom got an amazing facility built. His successor is going to be walking into an amazing situation. Tom can now focus on landing more high end recruits. I think you will see over the next few years more guys on top of the podium.

I will say Penn State flat out cheated many years which gets glossed over. I have had direct conversations with athletes involved. The NCAA looked the other way. It's 100% factual and it often gets shoved away when the natives are riled up. Carl tampered with our roster 3 times that I personally know of. Their compliance also had a different set of rules than our regarding camp payments. Those are not small factors when wondering why we are behind.

I just don't think they're the answer to catching/surpassing PSU and, as I stated,
They're the only coaches in the country to do it more than once and I feel are still the only ones to have a chance at derailing that train. We can respectfully disagree.
I think their coaching/training system has several critical flaws.
You haven't been around for so many years that I can't take his seriously. No disrespect intended. They've also brought home more hardware than any other staff besides PSU. They must be doing a lot right.
. If practices are generally only 45-60 minutes these days, as you stated, then that would constitute a massive shift from when I was there.

You said in a subsequent post that guys were given a scouting report on their opponents before B1Gs. They did not do that when I was there. Neither did we wear rings to monitor recovery/sleep or have a big-name nutritionist or anything like that when I went through. 45 minutes almost sounds too short for a typical length of practice to me. I felt like the bigger issue was the amount of hard hand-fighting and long live wrestling goes within the practices when I was there, rather than the total length of the practices (although they probably were a bit too long). Regardless, those sound like good changes overall.

These changes have been well received by the athletes. Diets are changing. Smarter practices. Of course you can't make a kid eat what's suggested but it's been very high compliance as far as I know.
With regard to better wrestlers getting special treatment, yes I understand it happens at other places. That wasn't my point. As I said in the post you're referring to, the problem with TnT affording special treatment to better wrestlers (or any other examples of questionable decisions they might make) is that, when paired with their oft-repeated mantras such as 'you get what you earn' and 'do it right' as well as their heavy emphasis on clean living, they can come across to many on the team as a bit hypocritical.

I don't think it comes across as hypocritical at all. Every coach in the country preaches clean living. Brands preaches moderation. Like any coach, he would rather the guys not party. Every single team goes through what you are describing. Every coach in the country is a hypocrite if that's the bar you're setting.

Last edited:
Tom would be ok if his type consisted mostly of well rounded athletic wrestlers vs one dimensional, short for the weight, slow footed grinders.
Do you or those who liked your post watch the meets?
80% of our lineup doesn't fit your criteria. This gets repeated enough until several think it's a fact when I don't see it being anywhere near the truth. I'm genuinely curious what's the goal of mislabeling them?

You will argue Franek possibly, but he gets undeserved criticism in my opinion. I would bet he averages more legit shots against the top ranked guys than most in the country. He is explosive and quick. Shorter for the weight of course. Ayala, Woods, Caleb, Franek, Caliendo, Riggins, Glazier, and Keuter don't match your statement. You can add Arnold and Hill since they wrestled this season. Go back recently and you can add Spencer, Austin, Cobe, Jayden, Bull, Cass, Warner, and Kemdawg to the list of wrestlers who aren't what you are trying to label them.

Last edited:
@wahlberg
I edited one part of my first paragraph.

Also forgot to add when judging the last years I previously addressed another problem only our team faced. No strength and conditioning coach for at least 18 months. That's a huge deal in this current college environment. The current guy is probably the most well rounded since I've been here. It used to be status quo to hire a wrestler to do it. That is another change made by the staff. The last 2 have been actual S and C coaches.

Reactions: wahlberg

I have nothing personal against TnT. I was treated mostly well by them. I am not out to get them in any way. I find them to be good coaches, especially when it comes to producing AAs and guys in the top 10-15. I just don't think they're the answer to catching/surpassing PSU and, as I stated, I think their coaching/training system has several critical flaws. And I'm definitely not looking for anyone to blame for anything to do with my results (which I'm largely proud of, despite the mentality of always wanting more).

Instead, I am concerned with the present state and trajectory of the Iowa wrestling program as a whole. I want the hawks to win nationals every dang year. Yes, I drew from what I experienced going through the program (and discussions I've had with many of my former teammates over the years) to help lay the groundwork for my assessment of Tom's coaching/training system. And yes, it has been some time since I went through the program. Maybe Tom has completely revamped his whole approach. If practices are generally only 45-60 minutes these days, as you stated, then that would constitute a massive shift from when I was there.

I'm surprised you didn't point out how something was different in the 20/21 season that was different from previous years and years since.

IMO, @acuhawk validates your previous opinions when he states: "That team still won the national title but the focus was on the lack of individual titles which nobody ever talks about how that team wasn't allowed to train for the most important part of the season."

The team entered the natty's well rested.

• Haha
Reactions: Gobblin
I'm surprised you didn't point out how something was different in the 20/21 season that was different from previous years and years since.

IMO, @acuhawk validates your previous opinions when he states: "That team still won the national title but the focus was on the lack of individual titles which nobody ever talks about how that team wasn't allowed to train for the most important part of the season."

The team entered the natty's well rested.
Listen junior this conversation is for those that know wrestling. That eliminates penn state fans. Those that know wrestling realize the disadvantage of having a month off. Carl being too much of a pussy to wrestle us contributed to that rest.

The 9 years prior was poor and largely a result of the #1 class not panning out. And maybe there wasn't a quick enough response thinking everything was fine after winning 3 in a row. EDITED: So I would agree it wasn't at the level we want. And every response is meant with all due respect.

The last 2 years I previously addressed. Tom's next step was to secure a state of the Art practice facility. Cost doubled. Time line took years longer. Raising over 30 MILLION dollars is very difficult.
Do you disagree that the last 2 years were immensely affected by the Covid BS due to the enormous increase in facility cost and delay in completion? That affects the focus timeline to be all in on recruiting.

Just read a post by VHS alum that Tom is never at any events. Other posters immediately respond as "unacceptable" and "doesn't suprise me" etc. Tom was at an event not long ago while the other coaches ran practice. Posters need to realize just because some guy posts it on here doesn't mean it's true.

Just so you know where I stand. My hope or expectations are to be truly competitive with PSU 1-2 years every 5 year recruiting cycle. With the caveat that shit does happen. Look at the gambling this year that cost us a almost shoe in 2nd place. (not our goal but example of things to consider when judging a cycle). I acknowledge the train psu has going there. Tom got an amazing facility built. His successor is going to be walking into an amazing situation. Tom can now focus on landing more high end recruits. I think you will see over the next few years more guys on top of the podium.

I will say Penn State flat out cheated many years which gets glossed over. I have had direct conversations with athletes involved. The NCAA looked the other way. It's 100% factual and it often gets shoved away when the natives are riled up. Carl tampered with our roster 3 times that I personally know of. Their compliance also had a different set of rules than our regarding camp payments. Those are not small factors when wondering why we are behind.

They're the only coaches in the country to do it more than once and I feel are still the only ones to have a chance at derailing that train. We can respectfully disagree.

You haven't been around for so many years that I can't take his seriously. No disrespect intended. They've also brought home more hardware than any other staff besides PSU. They must be doing a lot right.

These changes have been well received by the athletes. Diets are changing. Smarter practices. Of course you can't make a kid eat what's suggested but it's been very high compliance as far as I know.

I don't think it comes across as hypocritical at all. Every coach in the country preaches clean living. Brands preaches moderation. Like any coach, he would rather the guys not party. Every single team goes through what you are describing. Every coach in the country is a hypocrite if that's the bar you're setting.
"I will say Penn State flat out cheated many years which gets glossed over. I have had direct conversations with athletes involved. The NCAA looked the other way. It's 100% factual and it often gets shoved away when the natives are riled up."

Can you expound upon that accusation? To make such a bold statement requires some backup don't you think?

Listen junior this conversation is for those that know wrestling. That eliminates penn state fans. Those that know wrestling realize the disadvantage of having a month off. Carl being too much of a pussy to wrestle us contributed to that rest.
Im a hawk fan and supporter but come on man…..Cael a pussy!???? Wow. You can say other things but pussy aint on the list!

"I will say Penn State flat out cheated many years which gets glossed over. I have had direct conversations with athletes involved. The NCAA looked the other way. It's 100% factual and it often gets shoved away when the natives are riled up."

Can you expound upon that accusation? To make such a bold statement requires some backup don't you think?
Thinking acuhawk is either off his meds or on the wrong meds. Hes arguing with an alum(walberg)that is clearly in tuned. Just because it was 15 yrs ago these guys stay close to the program. We finally have walberg that seems to be on point yet he chisels his conspiracy theories and unfounded auguments with him. Kind of funny no crediblity.

Thinking acuhawk is either off his meds or on the wrong meds. Hes arguing with an alum(walberg)that is clearly in tuned. Just because it was 15 yrs ago these guys stay close to the program. We finally have walberg that seems to be on point yet he chisels his conspiracy theories and unfounded auguments with him. Kind of funny no crediblity.
It didn't seem like Acuhawk and Wahlberg were arguing to me. I thought they discussed things very civilly that they disagreed on. I don't get the impression that Wahlberg is still very close to the program and it also sounds like most of the changes he said needed to happen with TnT have happened. Acuhawk has always seemed very connected to me and I don't doubt anything he said. I also don't doubt what Wahlberg said was happening 15 years ago was not going to be successful long term for TnT.

I 💯 agree that Carl and company bypassed the rules and doing so was big in building momentum to where they are now.

There is nothing more pathetic than blaming cheating for the reason that someone is better than you. Read your 125 prediction thread. It basically says that if Davis makes the finals or Ayala doesn't the refs cheated. I know it doesn't include the entire fanbase, but, blaming refs or "cheating" for the reason you are in the rear view mirror is beyond weak. Now, tell me to get lost and that I don't belong here.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT