ADVERTISEMENT

How hard is it to sneak into Carver?

No it wouldn’t because CHA never rocks, it’s one of the worst home courts in the league . Even in the good days it’s not very imposing . The layout and the positioning of the fans makes it more of a morgue than a basketball arena.

Carver is a top 10 home court in college hoops. Your mom is #1.

• Love
Reactions: IaHawk19
Carver is....not good for home court advantage. Great place to watch a game but not great for fan interaction and intensity. Would like a redo on the basketball side of things.

Firstly I just want them to get the season in.... But YES these games would be REDUNKULOUS with Carver rocking
EDIT: what sucks is that 3 B1G/ACC challenge games have been postponed/canceled; will they be made up/replaced so they get their 27 games in?

* Michigan is playing Toledo tonight (instead of NC State)

* Michigan State at Virginia is listed as CANCELED

* Wisconsin is hosting Rhode Island tonight (instead of Louisville)

Last edited:
No it wouldn’t because CHA never rocks, it’s one of the worst home courts in the league . Even in the good days it’s not very imposing . The layout and the positioning of the fans makes it more of a morgue than a basketball arena.
BS. I went to a lot of games in the early nineties and it was loud as hell. Some games you didn't even sit.

Carver is a top 10 home court in college hoops. Your mom is #1.

Is it though? I'm not saying you're wrong, I just don't know.

Carver does have some of the most uncomfortable seats though. There isn't enough room between the seat and the floor so my knees feel like they are in my chest.

Carver is....not good for home court advantage. Great place to watch a game but not great for fan interaction and intensity. Would like a redo on the basketball side of things.

Just need to get the kids to the games and put them close to the court around it.

If you don't think it cannot be loud, go to a wrestling meet when they are up against someone highly ranked. It gets very loud.

Is it though? I'm not saying you're wrong, I just don't know.

Carver does have some of the most uncomfortable seats though. There isn't enough room between the seat and the floor so my knees feel like they are in my chest.

Well I am biased, obviously. But there are quantitative measures of home court, and they like Carver.

Reactions: IowaNiceHawk
With this year, just be glad we have games to watch.

This great Hawkeye team deserves to be able to play and show that they are
Top College Basketball team, maybe in all of America

Reactions: NevadaHawk
Just need to get the kids to the games and put them close to the court around it.

If you don't think it cannot be loud, go to a wrestling meet when they are up against someone highly ranked. It gets very loud.

I agree. The #1 priority with basketball (when not in a pandemic) is to figure out a way to get the students there and get them around the court. After that, some of the other things can fall in to place. It can surely get loud in there but just by design alone, I wish they would have done something different when they built it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT