ADVERTISEMENT

How long until you notice a co-worker is dead at their desk?,...

When they start stinking worse than usual.
The article I read says the coworkers smelled the funk, but attributed it to "bad plumbing".

Seems like that Wells Fargo doesn't have janitors come through often enough and/or security doesn't do a very good walk around.

Even though most people in my office maybe come in once or twice a week, if at all, the janitors come through every evening cleaning and emptying whatever trash there might be. It wouldn't take four days here without some kind of holiday in there - like upcoming Labor Day. I guess if I came in late friday night and died in an office, it might be Tuesday evening. Still unlikely it would take that long though.

In our case, it was a weekend. A former partner, tax lawyer, was a pretty intense guy who would grab you by the tie and pull you across the desk when making his point. not because he didn't like you or your work or was angry at you, just because he was intense. Well, he had a heart attack on Saturday, and they found him on Monday.
Did he have a hold on a necktie when they found him?

In my studio?

Coworker 1 - Prob immediate bc she's always in my peripheral.
Coworker 2 - Prob immediate bc she wouldn't be constantly yawning anymore
Coworker 3 - Prob an hour bc she is incredibly quiet and I can't see her over my work station.

Since I'm a former lower elementary teacher, I think it would be less than 2 minutes. The co worker's students would be seeking help right away if their teacher stopped responding to their endless questions. :)

Reactions: preshlock
dcdd3be2-6b90-473f-aab0-c6a88fe3496f_text.gif

• Haha
Reactions: seminoleed
The article I read says the coworkers smelled the funk, but attributed it to "bad plumbing".

I saw a story on YT today and saw that quote and it brought back bad memories having worked once upon a time in downtown CR for 20 years. Therefore I can understand why some there might have thought this. But usually for our building, it seemingly always occurred on random Fridays - and we were told it was a by-product of the sewage treatment plant "turning the compost pile".

So to me, the people on that floor maybe should have thought something else was up when it simply didn't go away.

Reactions: NDallasRuss
I can’t stand local news, or any television news, honestly.

I just want to read the story and learn the facts. Not hear the dramatic opening, the breathless small talk between the anchors and the reporter, the obligatory outside location shot, etc etc.

It’s mind-numbing and painful to watch.

Had a co worker go home for lunch one day and never come back to work, they found him dead in his living room with his frozen meal on the ground next to him. Heart attack.

Since I'm a former lower elementary teacher, I think it would be less than 2 minutes. The co worker's students would be seeking help right away if their teacher stopped responding to their endless questions. :)
We had a teacher in our district - died in his 40s from early onset Alzheimer's. It was his students who figured out originally something wasn't right with him. Kids told their parents he wasn't remembering things repeatedly. They told the principal and he ended up getting diagnosed. I worked with him about 20 years ago. He was a great teacher too.

Reactions: gohawks50
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT